Tucson, Arizona - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > West Coast and Interior West

West Coast and Interior West CA, OR, WA, HI, AK, AZ, NM, NV, UT, CO, WY, MT, ID, BC
» Development News | Albuquerque | Las Vegas | Los Angeles | San Francisco Bay Area | Seattle

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 3rd, 2005, 12:12 AM   #21
Harry Potter

Likes (Received): 0

Last edited by Harry Potter; April 3rd, 2005 at 12:18 AM.
Harry Potter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 3rd, 2005, 01:32 PM   #22
urbanphx

I love Tucson. So noticeably different in so many ways than it's larger sister to it's north, Phoenix.

And, in more good ways than not.
urbanphx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 12:45 AM   #23
SkyHigh529
Atlien

Likes (Received): 1

I think that I'd prefer Phoenix, but it's a close one for me as I love visiting Tuscon, and its location is perfect for outdoorsmen who still want to live in a city.
Advertisement

Old April 4th, 2005, 04:45 AM   #24
Harry Potter

I recently look some pictures of Oro Valley, the large suburb near the city of Tucson. I didn't leave the local area at all, and it was just a 30 minute walk, but here are some pictures. Note - They aren't very good, but it's all I could get for the short time I had.

Oro Valley - 4/3/05

Street Shots -

Important - Remember, this isn't the real city of Tucson, just some pictures of my neighborhood I took recently.
Old April 4th, 2005, 05:03 AM   #25
jmancuso
make it so...

Likes (Received): 56

^ off oracle road? i would not mind living in that area at all...nice pics.

btw, why did you delete all your posts above?
jmancuso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 05:06 AM   #26
Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmancuso
^ off oracle road? i would not mind living in that area at all...nice pics.

btw, why did you delete all your posts above?

How did you know it was near Oracle Road? Sorry, I was going to leave the forum since many didn't really seem interested in the city, and it seemed like a waste of time. I realize there are 4-5 of you that are, and I don't want to ruin it for you.

I'm sure more will come and take a look once I add some of the projects.
Old April 4th, 2005, 05:09 AM   #27
Harry Potter

I've heard that people are extremely angry that Tucson doesn't have much of a skyline. I do agree with you all, but you must all understand untill the city stops building as much as it is, it's always going to have the same skyline. The city will probably stop in a couple of years, and it's already trying to fill in the cracks in which sprawl had occured. I am sure that the city will become more urban once it become alittle older.

The last time that I passed by downtown, I realized there was clearing of land in many blocks, mabye for some more skyscrapers. Just keeping your fingers crossed.
Old April 4th, 2005, 06:19 AM   #28
Harry Potter

I'd also like to say, there are two more skyscrapers that are being proposed in Tucson.

1) Radisson Hotel West Tower - 22 floors
2) Radisson Hotel Southeast Tower - 14 floors

Comment - Both these buildings are to be finished in 2008, if they get approved, which most likely they will. The two are located on the same street, and extremely close to the existing skyline, so I'm sure that they'll turn out great. That means more projects/skyscrapers are going to be added to our skyline, and hopefully there will be more of a skyline.

Old April 4th, 2005, 09:55 AM   #29
jmancuso
make it so...

Likes (Received): 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter
How did you know it was near Oracle Road?
i recognized some of the commercial buildings from when i was there in late 2003 visiting a friend who lived on river rd. just off of oracle.

man, you have to stick around becuase tucson is one of my favorite cities and we need people to rep it and post pics.

these would make a big impact on the skyline.
jmancuso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 02:44 PM   #30
urbanphx

Quote:
I'd also like to say, there are two more skyscrapers that are being proposed in Tucson.

I've never heard this ?

So are these two towers supposed to be an expansion of the existing Radisson Downtown??? Is the hotel doing that well; is this in conjunction with Rio Nuevo?

Also, do you know how many rooms the Radisson will hold when all completed?

Thanks!
- Very curious Arizonan.
Old April 5th, 2005, 02:14 AM   #31
Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanphx
I've never heard this ?

So are these two towers supposed to be an expansion of the existing Radisson Downtown??? Is the hotel doing that well; is this in conjunction with Rio Nuevo?

Also, do you know how many rooms the Radisson will hold when all completed?

Thanks!
- Very curious Arizonan.

There have been many projects in Tucson, that are usually commercial. I suppose that tourism has been making more and more projects like hotels and things like that.

When heading into the city, you'll notice that you probably can't count to five without seeing development projects, or just regular projects.

jmancuso - If your aware of the street called "Naranja", the bridge that led Oro Valley into the city of Tucson is almost done being widened, and all the wooden electrical poles are turning into metal.
Old April 5th, 2005, 02:20 AM   #32
Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmancuso
man, you have to stick around becuase tucson is one of my favorite cities.
Thank you very much for the kind words. Tucson is quite nice of a city, and it has great potential.

EDIT: I didn't take this picture myself, but I found it quite interesting how you can see great progress that has been made while doing a great urbanizing of the city.
Old April 5th, 2005, 03:33 AM   #33
Harry Potter

The thing that I am so amazed about Tucson, is the fact how quickly Oro Valley has been being built up. There are many places that you leave for a month or two, and see some new projects. Yet, seriously without joking, when in Oro Valley, things seem to change over the night. One day you'll start complaining that the area across the street is too empty, and the next day you'll see a construction company clearing land, and filling it in with stores or homes.
Old April 5th, 2005, 03:35 AM   #34
Harry Potter

An example of this would probably be...The library that I took pictures of. There was a large piece of land that needed to be built with something in there, and it was too good for homes, since it has an amazing view.

In less than a week, we saw cranes going up for the Oro Valley Library being built. Amazing...

EDIT: I forgot to mention that they have a lot of computers in the library, with high speed internet, so most of the kids go into the library just to play their video games. It's sort of a funny site, to see all these little kids wanting to get into the library, and then you realize all they wanted to do was play Runescape.
Old April 5th, 2005, 04:08 AM   #35
JARdan

Likes (Received): 4

Wow, spectacular scenary and landscape. I think the pics are great!
JARdan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 04:31 AM   #36
Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARdan
Wow, spectacular scenary and landscape. I think the pics are great!
Thank you, but those aren't that good. When heading down Naranja, there are such nice buildings and scenery, that it's great to see how the city is developing.
Old April 5th, 2005, 04:33 AM   #37
Harry Potter

Quote:
I recently look some pictures of Oro Valley, the large suburb near the city of Tucson. I didn't leave the local area at all, and it was just a 30 minute walk, but here are some pictures. Note - They aren't very good, but it's all I could get for the short time I had.

Oro Valley - 4/3/05

Street Shots -

Important - Remember, this isn't the real city of Tucson, just some pictures of my neighborhood I took recently.

I just realized it...All that was pictured in these photos that I took, EVERYTHING was built in the last 20 years!
Old April 5th, 2005, 10:55 AM   #38
urbanphx

Quote:
There have been many projects in Tucson, that are usually commercial. I suppose that tourism has been making more and more projects like hotels and things like that.
But, are those two specific Radisson Towers 'concrete plans', or were they just proposed? Do you know how many rooms it will have total if completed?

This interests me .
Old April 6th, 2005, 02:54 AM   #39
Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanphx
But, are those two specific Radisson Towers 'concrete plans', or were they just proposed? Do you know how many rooms it will have total if completed?

This interests me .

The two are proposed, but yes...They will most likely be built since the land is already being cleared. As for the rooms, I'm sorry but I have no idea.
Old April 6th, 2005, 03:48 AM   #40
smartlake

I'd just like to know if any new freeways are proposed/u-c in Tucson? I have looked at maps, and for an area that large has so little freeways. Especially in the east. I dunno, perhaps there just isn't a need for them...maybe not. Could someone give me an update? Thanks.
smartlake no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement