Tucson, Arizona - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > West Coast and Interior West

West Coast and Interior West CA, OR, WA, HI, AK, AZ, NM, NV, UT, CO, WY, MT, ID, BC
» Development News | Albuquerque | Las Vegas | Los Angeles | San Francisco Bay Area | Seattle

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 6th, 2005, 05:15 AM   #41
Harry Potter

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartlake
I'd just like to know if any new freeways are proposed/u-c in Tucson? I have looked at maps, and for an area that large has so little freeways. Especially in the east. I dunno, perhaps there just isn't a need for them...maybe not. Could someone give me an update? Thanks.

The main reason that there is so little freeway, is because the one that is currently being used is soo well developed, and the location is just perfect, that the population that is comming down from Oro Valley can get into the city in a short time, while as the people from the East Side have buses and other such transports in which it's a matter of minutes untill they are in the city.

The main answer to your question is, the freeway is mainly only used for the Oro Valley suburb, in which transports people to the city centre in about 30 minutes. The East Side of the city has plenty of transportation devices in which they have no need for the freeway.
Harry Potter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 6th, 2005, 05:18 AM   #42
Harry Potter

I found that they are doing some work on Interstate 10, for there had been some accidents and things of that nature which caused damage to the siderails, and were fixed in a matter of a week.

When entering Phoenix, it's funny since one minute your ridding along the desert not seeing anything infront of you, the next minute your greated by the Phoenix hotels, apartments, and automobile companies.
Old April 7th, 2005, 02:45 AM   #43
Harry Potter

I'm planning to take some pictures later on today, so keep posted.

EDIT: I'm sorry for those that wanted to see the sunset today, I'm not going to have a good shot of that in the city, so mabye next time. It's a real beauty to witness, especially when the purple and orange start to show in the clouds...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 7th, 2005, 06:09 AM   #44
612bv3

Likes (Received): 101

I'll be waiting for those sunset pictures if you say they're so beautiful.
Old April 9th, 2005, 08:27 PM   #45
jmancuso
make it so...

Likes (Received): 56

^ here's a crappy one i took when i was there to hold you over...

nick.english.dept liked this post
jmancuso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2005, 08:57 PM   #46
612bv3

Likes (Received): 101

Nice
Old April 10th, 2005, 06:03 AM   #47
smartlake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter
The main reason that there is so little freeway, is because the one that is currently being used is soo well developed, and the location is just perfect, that the population that is comming down from Oro Valley can get into the city in a short time, while as the people from the East Side have buses and other such transports in which it's a matter of minutes untill they are in the city.

The main answer to your question is, the freeway is mainly only used for the Oro Valley suburb, in which transports people to the city centre in about 30 minutes. The East Side of the city has plenty of transportation devices in which they have no need for the freeway.
I guess Tucson should be commended for their excellent planning!
smartlake no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2005, 04:21 AM   #48
Harry Potter

I am really sorry to all of you that I had told I was going to take some pictures of Tucson. I had some urgent family things to deal with, but hopefully I'll have some time later.

BTW, nice banner for Tucson.
(4-13-05)
http://207.44.228.232/images/PIX/forumheaders/13.jpg
Old April 14th, 2005, 07:11 AM   #49
Slammed0

Likes (Received): 1

Tuscon looks nice! I would love to visit someday. I love the mountains in the background. Some of the them remind me of the mountians around/near Boise. Although some of those are also alot more jagged.

I know what you mean about growth. Boise too is just booming!
Slammed0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2005, 01:30 PM   #50
fredcalif

Likes (Received): 1119

Tucson and Arizona in general are so beautiful.
I know Arizona DOT is widening I 10, and there are also other planned freeways.
They just finished the junction of 10 and 19 and it looks nice. I just drove there not long ago.

the styles of the houses in Arizona are so beautiful.
and there is construction everywhrere.
fredcalif no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:49 AM   #51
CiceroClark

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
The thing that I am so amazed about Tucson, is the fact how quickly Oro Valley has been being built up. There are many places that you leave for a month or two, and see some new projects. Yet, seriously without joking, when in Oro Valley, things seem to change over the night. One day you'll start complaining that the area across the street is too empty, and the next day you'll see a construction company clearing land, and filling it in with stores or homes.
You nailed exactly what I want to see in Syracuse. It has always been my dream for the Syracuse area to explode with growth. I don't see it ever happening though, mostly due to the northeast weather.

BTW, Tucson looks great. The backdrop of the city looks amazing!
CiceroClark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2005, 03:25 AM   #52
Bond James Bond
Licence to kill.

Wow, those mountains are awesome!

But it would just be too hot for me there.
Bond James Bond no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2005, 05:30 AM   #53
edsg25

Likes (Received): 106

Do you guys have any pictures of the Univ of Ariz?
edsg25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2005, 05:55 AM   #54
jmancuso
make it so...

Likes (Received): 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiceroClark
I don't see it ever happening though, mostly due to the northeast weather.
the weather has nothing to do with it...syracuse was booming when the winters were alot worse. the problem is new york state.

if tucson were in new york, it would be a utica with cacti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond James Bond
But it would just be too hot for me there.
it's a "dry heat" though.
jmancuso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2005, 08:34 AM   #55
Harry Potter

Sorry that I wasn't able to get onto this forum lately.
I have had to do many things, including study for all my recent test in school, manage sports, and maintain my relationship with the girlfriend.

For the update today, I've passed by the Downtown area, and it seemed to be getting quite a few new projects. I believe that the "Urban" projects are coming along well, and hopefully it'll work out the way it's planned. Since the Downtown is probably the most important financial district in Tucson, I'm not suprised that it's being urbanized first.
There were about 3-4 leveled garages being built instead of those sprawly parking lots, that just make the whole city terrible. I believe there are a couple more midrises being built in the city today, and I'll take some pictures of the Downtown area as soon as I can.

Old May 4th, 2005, 05:21 AM   #56
clobber

Quote:
I'd also like to say, there are two more skyscrapers that are being proposed in Tucson.

1) Radisson Hotel West Tower - 22 floors
2) Radisson Hotel Southeast Tower - 14 floors

Comment - Both these buildings are to be finished in 2008, if they get approved, which most likely they will. The two are located on the same street, and extremely close to the existing skyline, so I'm sure that they'll turn out great. That means more projects/skyscrapers are going to be added to our skyline, and hopefully there will be more of a skyline.

I think in order for either of those two projects to be a possibility, there needs to be a bigger push for the arena and new/expanded convention center. I just don't see the hunger for that or skyscrapers in the community, unfortunately. Too many people like their space.
clobber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2005, 08:10 AM   #57
JARdan

Likes (Received): 4

Harry Potter: Are you still going to do your sunset pictures? I was really looking forward to seeing them!
JARdan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2005, 01:40 AM   #58
Harry Potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARdan
Harry Potter: Are you still going to do your sunset pictures? I was really looking forward to seeing them!

Yes, I've already taken the pictures of the downtown area and the sunset, all I need to do is upload them onto Photobucket. That process will take me a while since I've taken about 30 photos.
Old May 11th, 2005, 05:01 AM   #59
lowrider

Nice little city! When I lived in Phoenix I used to always love visiting the "Old Pueblo " a.k.a Tucson. The Saguaro national park on the west side of the city is very impressive. But my favorite place of all is the San Xavier del Bac Mission (The white dove of the desert). The architecture with the flying butresses is really quite unqiue. Even though it was built so long ago by the Spanish the church is still very vibrant! It was pretty funny, lowriders would roll up blasting rap music but when they pulled up to the church the music went off and the homeboyz would be all quite and respectful when they entered la iglesia.
lowrider no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2005, 10:52 PM   #60
Caliguy2005

Likes (Received): 2

Arizona may not be experiencing a Skyscraper Boom,but their Housing Boom is amazing...in the Metro Areas of Phoenix they are building new housing communities all over the valley and alot of them...there's even a temporary small town called Buckeye which is about 20-30 minutes west of Phoenix and yup temporary is the word..the town currently has a population of 18,000,but by next year the town of Buckeye will have a population of 50,000 as more homes are built and people continue moving to Buckeye....

Buckeye will have over 250,000 homes built within 15 years and a population of over 500,000 in 15 years,so each year that once small town will grow tremendously in population....i truly believe that Buckeye may become the fastest growing area of the country sooner or later....

Here in California despite our enormous population of over 36 million +,our Home Building does not even compare to Arizona or even Nevada,but i think all that will change now that The Governator is in office.

Last edited by Caliguy2005; May 14th, 2005 at 11:48 PM.
Caliguy2005 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement