River Estate Housing Development | Ngara Estate | 34 fl x8 | Proposed - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Projects, Construction and General Discussion > Nairobi Metro Region

Nairobi Metro Region Projects and construction in the Nairobi Metropolitan Region

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 21st, 2018, 10:30 AM   #21
ngara

Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim The Scribe View Post
I hope erdemann are smart enough to get the needed approvals and ensure the plot stands on legally correct area for the project planned.
The boundary wall on river side stands quite clear from the "Michuki" riparian reserve. When Michuki was doing the river clean up he pushed all structures a distance away from the river. The line has been respected even by the Nyayo market traders.

Jim The Scribe liked this post
ngara no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 21st, 2018, 06:07 PM   #22
ngara

Nairobi county govt picked Edemann property as the contractor for the re-construction of Jadongo road and Jadongo lane. The commencement date is 15th August 2018. It's a small stretch so they should be done by early next year.

Adm.Adama liked this post
Old September 12th, 2018, 04:11 AM   #23
Jim The Scribe

Likes (Received): 175

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngara View Post
The boundary wall on river side stands quite clear from the "Michuki" riparian reserve. When Michuki was doing the river clean up he pushed all structures a distance away from the river. The line has been respected even by the Nyayo market traders.
That's quite reassuring. .
Jim The Scribe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 30th, 2018, 06:51 AM   #24
Jim The Scribe

Do this guys have an official website we could peep and steal some details on the project timelines?
Old October 10th, 2018, 05:10 PM   #25
ngara

Edermann is moving with speed on the roads around the property. I noticed they seem to be constructing a road in the middle of the property connecting towards the river looks like span bridge on the Nairobi river.

Kijanamwafrika liked this post
Old October 10th, 2018, 05:32 PM   #26
royco mchuzi

Likes (Received): 1609

Quote:
Edermann is moving with speed on the roads around the property. I noticed they seem to be constructing a road in the middle of the property connecting towards the river looks like span bridge on the Nairobi river.
Thanks for the update. Many exiciting projectes slated to start on this part of the city. Hope you have a good quality camera bro...ama tukuchangie coz we cannot afford to miss all this action!

Last edited by royco mchuzi; October 10th, 2018 at 05:54 PM.
royco mchuzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2018, 06:05 PM   #27
ngara

Quote:
Originally Posted by royco mchuzi View Post
Thanks for the update. Many exiciting projectes slated to start on this part of the city. Hope you have a good quality camera bro...ama tukuchangie coz we cannot afford to miss all this action! . Quick question, was park road initially a dual carriageway? From google maps looks like traders just blocked one carriageway
My camera skills are below average. I hope @zac can pay a visit to the area very exciting stuff starting to happen. I saw in the papers the 43 acres Ngara estate owned by Kenya railways pension is to be bought by the government for affordable housing. I hope they can develop some underground parking there.

Park road was not a dual carriageway. This was a proposed terminus for upcountry matatus from the Mt. Kenya region. Nairobi county did not complete payments to the contractors so it is yet to be handed over officially. It is now a parking bay for githurai buses and TSS Mombasa coaches. The mechanics have turned it into garages
Old October 13th, 2018, 05:16 AM   #28
Jim The Scribe

Just how i wish this one breaks ground and proceeds smoothly.
Old October 13th, 2018, 11:36 AM   #29
ngara

Quote:
Google earth has updated its imagery to 18th September you can clearly see the extent of the road works. The road is actually at the boundary of the property and Ngara girls high school playground.
Old October 13th, 2018, 05:31 PM   #30
Jim The Scribe

Apparently, their Seefar apartments is to be demolished. It stands on Nairobi dam reserve according to some document trending on FB.

https://citizentv.co.ke/news/residen...mpression=true

Last edited by Jim The Scribe; October 13th, 2018 at 05:45 PM.
Old October 13th, 2018, 05:44 PM   #31
Jim The Scribe

edit.
Old October 13th, 2018, 11:15 PM   #32
Bigbird25

Likes (Received): 100

If seefar is demolished, can it cast a cloud over the launch of this one?
Bigbird25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2018, 04:47 AM   #33
abckris

Likes (Received): 2336

Why won’t people just do legal stuff? Kwani lazima wavunje sheria jamani!!
abckris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2018, 08:54 AM   #34
Bigbird25

Likes (Received): 100

I saw that the map they used and nema used to approve them was of Nairobi dam in 1960 which showed that they are not within the dam boundary. Although the current map shows that they are. Erdmann was complaining that if the same government can give it approval from 3 agencies and the same agencies come later to revoke it, how can it be sure about its investments. This is what got me going about the housing project that they are going to build with a lot of reliance on "special purpose vehicles" in terms of regulations for the big four housing
Old October 15th, 2018, 05:10 PM   #35
royco mchuzi

Likes (Received): 1609

Quote:
Sonko pledges 200,000 low cost houses for city residents
Oct. 15, 2018, 3:00 pm
By MELANIE MWANGI @mwangimelanie

Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko has pledged to construct 200,000 affordable housing units that will cost between Sh1 to Sh3 million in the next five years.

Sonko said the project is in line with President Uhuru Kenyatta's Big Four Agenda.

He spoke on Monday during the second urban dialogue on delivering affordable housing in Nairobi.

Sonko said the county has already embarked on phase one of its urban regeneration programme that targets between 10,000 and 12,000 housing units.

“We have already called for expressions of interest for Phase Two, and other phases will follow immediately thereafter. In total, we plan to deliver about 200,000 units as Nairobi County Government,” he said.

Sonko also said he will upgrade several slums in the city.

Read; Uhuru's 500,000 decent, affordable housing project gains momentum

"We are negotiating a 70:30 ratio with developers, where every project must have at least 70 per cent houses under Sh3. The developers can then build more expensive units on 30 per cent of the project," he added.

Sonko, however, stated that his administration is facing challenges in the construction of the houses.

He said a number of parcels of land earmarked for the housing project are on the flight path of the Moi Air Base and Wilson Airport, leading to some of the housing projects being reduced from 30 to 14-storey building.

He wants KCAA to map out the flight paths to increase efficiency in building the structures.

“I am appealing to the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority to call a meeting with the Nairobi City County Government, the Department of Defence and Ministry of Transport to clearly map out the flight paths," he said.

"This will allow us to build taller buildings in areas outside this path."

Among the informal settlements earmarked for upgrading include the larger Mukuru slums and Mji wa Huruma slums.

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2018...dents_c1835180
Disapointments kila wakati! Our govt working in Silos! If Kanjo doesn't seem to know all the regulations how is a simple investor supposed to know? I wonder which projects will be affected by this!
royco mchuzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2018, 06:05 AM   #36
Jim The Scribe

Can we have a thread dedicated to that affordable housing project ?
Old November 4th, 2018, 11:44 AM   #37
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by royco mchuzi View Post
Disapointments kila wakati! Our govt working in Silos! If Kanjo doesn't seem to know all the regulations how is a simple investor supposed to know? I wonder which projects will be affected by this!
About that article: Really? A restriction to just 14 floors? Why can't Moi Air Base and Wilson Airport be closed down because they'll be a long-term hindrance to Nairobi's growth? A replacement should be found for the former (the Air Base). And the Nairobi area deserves taller buildings than just 14-floors ones; 30 to 40 floors would be fine. We don't want to build something only to tear it down decades later just because we're so shortsighted.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2018, 05:08 PM   #38
Jim The Scribe

MPs have made me proud by dismissing the NEMA pretenders condemning the Seefar towers development. They've suggested ways be sought to do away with the dam.
Old November 22nd, 2018, 06:10 PM   #39
Kenya Patriot

Likes (Received): 1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim The Scribe View Post
MPs have made me proud by dismissing the NEMA pretenders condemning the Seefar towers development. They've suggested ways be sought to do away with the dam.
If a house is approved by all authorities and certified as fully above board, then that assurance should count for something. If the same authorities demolish it for whatever reason they should compensate the owners fully.

Benjajamine liked this post
Kenya Patriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2019, 06:40 AM   #40
kamaudk

Likes (Received): 1291

Advertisement