River Estate Housing Development | Ngara Estate | 34 fl x8 | Proposed - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Projects, Construction and General Discussion > Nairobi Metro Region

Nairobi Metro Region Projects and construction in the Nairobi Metropolitan Region

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 22nd, 2019, 04:20 PM   #61
Trader2012

Likes (Received): 94

Is there provisions for playgrounds in the complex?
Trader2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 22nd, 2019, 05:04 PM   #62
vfG
Villeurbanne

Likes (Received): 2117

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamaudk View Post
Apparently...

What is strange is that the shops seem to be opened on the street level.
It would be surprising that they privatise those streets...

RhôneAlps
>emerging skyline<
ONLYLYON

-----------------------------------------------
LUANDA
>emerging world<
AngolAfrica
vfG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 07:41 AM   #63
kamaudk

Likes (Received): 1291

Advertisement

Old January 23rd, 2019, 09:26 AM   #64
malcom me

Likes (Received): 198

There's nothing affordable about this apartments, with the same amount you can get a decent apartment in kilimani,kile,lavi and Westlands.
malcom me no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 09:32 AM   #65
Kenya Patriot

Likes (Received): 1231

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcom me View Post
There's nothing affordable about this apartments, with the same amount you can get a decent apartment in kilimani,kile,lavi and Westlands.
8 million! Where. Most start at 10-12 million for a studio. 12-15 million for 1 bedroom. 2 bedroom will be between 15 million to 20 million. 3 bedroom will be over 20 million - 30 million.
Kenya Patriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 10:49 AM   #66
ngara

Likes (Received): 116

This will be an interesting race to the top between Erdemann and China state construction Engineering corporation building the Park road housing project. Both projects within a walking distance of each other. Hopefully the president can find time to launch park road project and maybe this one on the same day.
ngara no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 12:34 PM   #67
jameni

Likes (Received): 1679

Quote:
Or a bungalow on a 50x100 in uhtiru
Old January 23rd, 2019, 03:23 PM   #68
royco mchuzi

Likes (Received): 1603

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngara View Post
This will be an interesting race to the top between Erdemann and China state construction Engineering corporation building the Park road housing project. Both projects within a walking distance of each other. Hopefully the president can find time to launch park road project and maybe this one on the same day.
I think its edermann working on the park road project too. The erdemann boss was present the day Sonko and Hinga toured the park road project. May be Erdemann contracted China state corp to do the construction
Ngara , pangani and riverroad area have great potential to be regeneration if only the gov can get the st level right.

Last edited by royco mchuzi; January 23rd, 2019 at 03:31 PM.
royco mchuzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2019, 05:28 PM   #69
malcom me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenya Patriot View Post
8 million! Where. Most start at 10-12 million for a studio. 12-15 million for 1 bedroom. 2 bedroom will be between 15 million to 20 million. 3 bedroom will be over 20 million - 30 million.
Kwani where do you live? forget about this hyped newyork ,Dubai living bra bra bra apartments. .....I can tell you from the horse mouth my sister bought an apartment at kilichwa road for only 8.5m without iven burgaining with a flexible payment plan of 7yrs.
Old January 23rd, 2019, 07:42 PM   #70
Kenya Patriot

Likes (Received): 1231

Quote:
Kwani where do you live? forget about this hyped newyork ,Dubai living bra bra bra apartments. .....I can tell you from the horse mouth my sister bought an apartment at kilichwa road for only 8.5m without iven burgaining with a flexible payment plan of 7yrs.
Name of the apartment block. Asking from the hyped new York, Dubai and bra bra apartments. That kilimani area last saw that price in 2008-2009.
Kenya Patriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2019, 09:33 PM   #71
malcom me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenya Patriot View Post
Name of the apartment block. Asking from the hyped new York, Dubai and bra bra apartments. That kilimani area last saw that price in 2008-2009.
Demi gardens near kirichwa road and I hear there's a couple of apartments coming up around that area for the same range when you pay cash/off-plan....
Old January 25th, 2019, 07:37 AM   #72
ngara

Quote:
Originally Posted by royco mchuzi View Post
I think its edermann working on the park road project too. The erdemann boss was present the day Sonko and Hinga toured the park road project. May be Erdemann contracted China state corp to do the construction
Ngara , pangani and riverroad area have great potential to be regeneration if only the gov can get the st level right.
No Erdermann is a small player compared to China state corp. These are the big boys of construction. Park road project was tendered and china state coprp applied which is odd. It's like china wuyi responding to construction of small church in the village. China state is financing park road project from its pockets to be recovered upon completion.

Looks like Nairobi 2.0 is starting the remaking of nairobi in the form of Shenzhen-more compact, more dense.

Kenya Patriot liked this post
Old January 25th, 2019, 02:10 PM   #73
sleekpiano

Likes (Received): 1499

If only Nairobi river regeneration can be taken to an notch higher, the area can be transformed

http://www.planning-kenya.com/masterplanning.html#!?p=1

sleekpiano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2019, 03:51 PM   #74
Paul Gwe

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
I don't know how many of you saw on the cover of today's Nation (25.02.2018) there was a flier attached by VAAL Real Estate advertising their new 1 & 2 bedroom apartments at Elite Residences in Westlands with prices starting from KSH8.8M. So my point here is that i second the idea that the KSH8M quoted for this project might be on the higher side.
Paul Gwe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2019, 10:09 PM   #75
andegwa

Likes (Received): 4936

The plan for the affordable housing is dependent on the following tiers:

Quote:
The Government has defined four levels of housing types with only three being the focus of the program.

The first type of housing identified is referred to as ‘Social’ and is targeted at people in formal employment earning a salary of less than KSh14, 999.

The second category of housing is the ‘Low Cost’ and is targeted at those earning a salary between Ksh15, 000 and Ksh49,999. This category represents 71.82 percent of Kenya’s formally employed workforce while the first category represents 2.62 percent.

The third category is called the Mortgage Gap and is targeted at those earning between Sh50,000 to Ksh99,999. This group represents 22.62 of the formally employed in Kenya.

The fourth category of houses, which the Government intends to have the private sector provide, is meant for the middle and high income earners who get more than Ksh100,000 per month and who represent 2.85 percent of the formally employed.
The affordability of these houses will thus vary according to your income. If you make 100K + per month, you will pay the full price of the units. If you make less than that, the govt will likely subsidize the payment, based on where you fit in the above tiers... I think that is how this will go. To this end, the govt has created a number of funding vehicles to finance this implementation
Old January 27th, 2019, 03:36 PM   #76
Kijanamwafrika

Likes (Received): 723

I saw on the Property Show 3-bedroom apartments at Flame Tree Park in Thika costing Kshs 4.5 million.There are 364 apartments
Kijanamwafrika no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2019, 01:17 PM   #77
kamaudk

Likes (Received): 1291

Old February 10th, 2019, 11:47 AM   #78
brian the real story

Likes (Received): 1763

Enderman last night brought down the neighbouring market next to the site on claims it encroches the boundary...i hope this won't lead to court then as you know..the project doean't see light of the day
Old February 10th, 2019, 01:27 PM   #79
ngara

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian the real story View Post
Enderman last night brought down the neighbouring market next to the site on claims it encroches the boundary...i hope this won't lead to court then as you know..the project doean't see light of the day
Is it Edermann or the start of the Accra-Ngara road project? From the renders you can see the span bridge over Nairobi river will touch Edermann's project boundary where the market is located.
Old February 12th, 2019, 06:57 PM   #80
ngara

Passed through the area and true Edermann and the market traders have a boundary dispute. They have agreed to do a joint survey report to mark the boundary beacons. There is already a court case ongoing. If they can't resolve it then it will be 7 blocks. That market is an eyesore without it the place looks organized.

sleekpiano liked this post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement