River Estate Housing Development | Ngara Estate | 34 fl x8 | Proposed - Page 5 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Projects, Construction and General Discussion > Nairobi Metro Region

Nairobi Metro Region Projects and construction in the Nairobi Metropolitan Region

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 13th, 2019, 06:41 AM   #81
Investor254

Likes (Received): 285

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleekpiano View Post
If only Nairobi river regeneration can be taken to an notch higher, the area can be transformed

http://www.planning-kenya.com/masterplanning.html#!?p=1

If we could only follow through with these ideas Nairobi river will be a sight to behold. For those who have been to Mbabane Swaziland, there is this river that cuts in the middle of the town. It's super clean with beautiful gardens. This can be done if the Nairobi regeneration project team took their work seriously.

sleekpiano liked this post
Investor254 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 13th, 2019, 06:45 AM   #82
Kenya Patriot

Likes (Received): 1231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investor254 View Post
If we could only follow through with these ideas Nairobi river will be a sight to behold. For those who have been to Mbabane Swaziland, there is this river that cuts in the middle of the town. It's super clean with beautiful gardens. This can be done if the Nairobi regeneration project team took their work seriously.
No one will invest to build near a river in Nairobi at the behest of the government. In a few years the same institutions and government will denounce the same permits and demolish the development. They better just restore the river and its banks to its natural green setting.

Benjajamine liked this post
Kenya Patriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2019, 06:23 AM   #83
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 1014

I am glad it was decided not to restrict the height of this new complex to just 15 floors. I am still worried, however, that this new complex may be situated on riparian land, which the Nairobi area doesn't want anymore.

There is no way I would start a major skyscraper development only to tear it down midway through its construction. I just hope this scheme is being done right rather than mistakes being made during its initial development which will have to be corrected at some point in the future.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 14th, 2019, 12:16 PM   #84
Adm.Adama

Likes (Received): 8999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post
I am glad it was decided not to restrict the height of this new complex to just 15 floors. I am still worried, however, that this new complex may be situated on riparian land, which the Nairobi area doesn't want anymore.

There is no way I would start a major skyscraper development only to tear it down midway through its construction. I just hope this scheme is being done right rather than mistakes being made during its initial development which will have to be corrected at some point in the future.
The Park Road project is the one that's been restricted to 15 floors.

This one hasn't been given such an order.

Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC
Adm.Adama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2019, 11:07 AM   #85
ngara

Likes (Received): 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post

You do realize that the Nairobi river was actually diverted from along the modern day River road and shifted to its present location along that section of globe cinema to around kamkunji and part of it was canalized. Issue of riparian reserve was resolved and reserve is well demarcated.
ngara no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2019, 02:49 PM   #86
ngara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngara View Post
Passed through the area and true Edermann and the market traders have a boundary dispute. They have agreed to do a joint survey report to mark the boundary beacons. There is already a court case ongoing. If they can't resolve it then it will be 7 blocks. That market is an eyesore without it the place looks organized.
Edermann finally fenced off the market area that was demolished. They are now in the process of putting up a boundary wall. I don't like the way they are putting walls in this area. This place has survived without walls for many years.

Timothy Otieno did a good feature on the area on KTN's area code but he did not visit this project. Notice how the residents say the place is safe yet no walls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvmuEdLxIZI

Ngara Part 2 Area code at 12.18 you can see the project area-there is tiny signboard bottom right hand of the screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd5NDwxnM5k

andegwa, Adm.Adama liked this post

Last edited by ngara; February 26th, 2019 at 11:06 AM.
Old March 12th, 2019, 07:34 PM   #87
ngara

There was a ground breaking ceremony for this project today presided over by Gov. Sonko. The scope of the project will also include training Nairobi river so possibly a river waterfront. More details from Sonko's FB page
Old March 12th, 2019, 07:56 PM   #88
Wanyang

Likes (Received): 200

https://twitter.com/MikeSonko/status...305351168?s=19
Wanyang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2019, 08:03 PM   #89
Dude254

Likes (Received): 458

Now the title can be safely changed! This will be massive than Avic.
Dude254 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2019, 08:09 PM   #90
Wildbeest

Likes (Received): 1228

That was fast and Sonko backing this,we shouldn't expect any delays.
Wildbeest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 10:28 AM   #91
Wildbeest

Likes (Received): 1228

https://www.facebook.com/GovernorMikeSonkoMbuvi/

Kenya Patriot, Kijanamwafrika liked this post
Wildbeest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 12:42 PM   #92
Mintali
Engineer d's art't enjoys

Likes (Received): 2299

Unfortunately, it's is a valley and would never look as tall as it actually is.

A man's got to have a code
Mintali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2019, 02:08 PM   #93
ColloWa Ajabu

Likes (Received): 95

Projects such as this one indicate the economy has really taken off. I could not even dream about such a project just 5 yrs ago. Now, all these towers rising at the same time.
We are about to witness something spectacular. I agree, AVIC is nothing on this one. Plus, we are sure of the success because it's got the president's backing. This is indeed a big 4 signature project.
Old March 14th, 2019, 02:53 PM   #94
robbygitonga

Likes (Received): 71

Honestly I don't like this development..too tall and too dense for my liking especially since it's residential. Too China. I don't see the demand for all those units in one complex.
robbygitonga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 02:57 PM   #95
royco mchuzi

Likes (Received): 1603

Its either that or slums. I remember in the late 90s when we saw the first 4flr apartment blocks in Kileleshwa and most people had the same sentiments. Utazoea with time and this will be the norm.Tayari in huruma wanafika 15flrs bila lifts

Kenguy, andegwa, kamaudk liked this post
royco mchuzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 03:49 PM   #96
abckris

Likes (Received): 2332

can't wait to see all the 8 buildings all at 10th floor and racing for the top floor.
abckris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 04:44 PM   #97
Dude254

Likes (Received): 458

Sponsors for the same development have revealed that they will erect the huge structures round the clock and open it in 18,months time.
Dude254 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 04:57 PM   #98
suaveiskevin

Likes (Received): 145

I also don't like it. It reminds me of the projects in the Queensbridge and Long Island meant for African Americans which ended up being failing. The truth is nobody wants to live in a place like that or raise a family on the 30th floor with no outdoors. The owners will disregard the properties because they are assured of tenants and income since the government will allocate the houses and eventually they fall into disrepair and become undesirable.

But that's what happens when the govt tries to correct a market failure, inefficiencies show up.

It might be a good solution for now but it's not the way to create affordable housing in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbygitonga View Post
Honestly I don't like this development..too tall and too dense for my liking especially since it's residential. Too China. I don't see the demand for all those units in one complex.
suaveiskevin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 07:04 PM   #99
abckris

Likes (Received): 2332

Low income families will buy those houses, especially because they are close to the CBD.
abckris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2019, 07:28 PM   #100
ColloWa Ajabu

Likes (Received): 95

We are SSC forumers,all we need is skyscrapers. I know all of us love this monster project.Someone cancel the project and you will feel the wrath of members here.
For me, it's a wonderful project for Nairobi... and its well located. I mean, the advantages are so many I can't count as opposed to its negatives.

Kenya Patriot liked this post
ColloWa Ajabu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement