Nairobi Regeneration Project | U/C - Page 20 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Projects, Construction and General Discussion > Nairobi Metro Region

Nairobi Metro Region Projects and construction in the Nairobi Metropolitan Region

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 12th, 2019, 06:17 PM   #381
donddon

Likes (Received): 547

Something I have observed with Sonko is that when he does a project (at least with the grass and flower beds) he starts slow and then ends up adding on to it. So am glad to see the cabro and pavements and buildings getting a facelift after decades of neglect. Lakini those colors!! Those are city hall colors, not Nairobi county colors.

Mistah ILL WILL liked this post
donddon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 12th, 2019, 07:48 PM   #382
Kenya Patriot

Likes (Received): 1224

Governor Sonko is a mixed bag of emotions. One moment he is embarrassing everyone the next he is doing great and has good initiatives. Anyway if you look at Eastland's before and after Sonko you will appreciate the work done. Credit to National government for the regeneration projects as well. However those 2.7km, 1.2 kms etc small estate roads done in their dozens has really transformed Eastlands. Now they need to deal with sewerage, proper city approved kiosks and garbage bins for the estates.

donddon liked this post
Kenya Patriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 05:15 AM   #383
vfG
Villeurbanne

Likes (Received): 2113

Wait... What? They have to repaint their building every 2 years?

Don't they want to engage in a refurbishment campaign? Rather than pointlessly spending money every 2 years in order to repaint those oldies?

I feel like I misunderstood something maybe

RhôneAlps
>emerging skyline<
ONLYLYON

-----------------------------------------------
LUANDA
>emerging world<
AngolAfrica
vfG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 13th, 2019, 08:13 AM   #384
Dhuks

Likes (Received): 3142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adm.Adama View Post
Sonko's newest directive.

Is that all CBD streets will be replaced with NCC colored cabro blocks.
https://www.facebook.com/GovernorMik...7185317199110/

Why can't we just use precast concrete slabs(like in olden days). If they're properly done they could last several decades.
I have an aversion for kao colors but that pavement combination wowed me. Contrary to what Sonko may say, its being laid in place by one joint in Luthuli avenue and has nothing to do with NCC

Adm.Adama liked this post
Dhuks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 11:06 AM   #385
Adm.Adama

Likes (Received): 8993

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngara View Post
This is far much better than the broken concrete slabs on Haile Selassie avenue and the workmanship was superb. Some people here said they wanted the colored cabro blocks

Mombasa pulled it off good but even those cabros after a few months are already cracking.

Who's going to enjoy visiting a city with yellow and green sidewalks.

Karibu Kenya

KENYA SSC
Adm.Adama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 04:55 PM   #386
abckris

Likes (Received): 2331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhuks View Post
I have an aversion for kao colors but that pavement combination wowed me. Contrary to what Sonko may say, its being laid in place by one joint in Luthuli avenue and has nothing to do with NCC

I like the colors. But I’ve also seen pure concrete blocks which look awesome. They are larger and deeper than the ones we’ve seen on Aga khan walk. They are like one meter square by maybe 10 cm deep. They last for really really long and look bright and light concrete colors.
abckris está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement