Affordable Housing | Park Road | 2,000 Units | U/C - Page 5 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Projects, Construction and General Discussion > Nairobi Metro Region

Nairobi Metro Region Projects and construction in the Nairobi Metropolitan Region

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 17th, 2019, 07:29 PM   #81
ngara

Likes (Received): 117

Park road housing project starting to dominate the skyline

Adm.Adama liked this post
ngara está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 18th, 2019, 07:06 PM   #82
Kenguy

Likes (Received): 3220

When all these affordable housing projects in Ngara and Pangani are done, that view will be unrecognizable.

Adm.Adama liked this post
Kenguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2019, 04:16 AM   #83
Amboseli Daima

Likes (Received): 858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenguy View Post
When all these affordable housing projects in Ngara and Pangani are done, that view will be unrecognizable.
Here's to hoping that this massive upgrade of Ngara will force the owners of all those ugly unkempt buildings between Ngara and Tom Mboya street are also forced to make the area presentable,high end business friendly and more secure.

donddon liked this post
Amboseli Daima no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 19th, 2019, 03:57 PM   #84
andegwa

Likes (Received): 4936

Hopefully the transport infrastructure will be upgrade in tandem (not just road expansion but high capacity transportation). If you think traffic is bad now, just wait in the 3-5 years when these projects are fully built out
Old September 20th, 2019, 06:47 AM   #85
Mintali
Engineer d's art't enjoys

Likes (Received): 2300

I feel they demolished good houses to put up this project though. They should have demolished those shacks in Kaloleni.

A man's got to have a code

kryptonit8 liked this post
Mintali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2019, 10:43 AM   #86
ngara

Quote:
Originally Posted by andegwa View Post
Hopefully the transport infrastructure will be upgrade in tandem (not just road expansion but high capacity transportation). If you think traffic is bad now, just wait in the 3-5 years when these projects are fully built out
I agree in 3-5 years traffic will be a nightmare especially for Thika road and Kiambu road. Last time I took a walk in that Pangani area I counted like 10 sites with recently demolished buildings or under excavation. Most of the new buildings in the area are going all the way to 14 floors. Yet the transport infrastructure is not keeping up. Another year gone and I can't see any effort on BRT development on Juja Road/Ring Road.
Old October 9th, 2019, 08:14 PM   #87
ngara

PS Hinga twitter has photos of this project including the interiors.
Old October 15th, 2019, 11:18 PM   #88
donddon

Likes (Received): 552

The house look great. My only negativity is when "low income earners" move in, will they maintain them properly. Maybe there should be plans to put up some sort of associations to over see that the buildings and house are kept neat and tidy. Kiulizo tu.
donddon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2019, 05:30 AM   #89
Mwenyekiti

Likes (Received): 183

Quote:
Originally Posted by donddon View Post
My only negativity is when "low income earners" move in, will they maintain them properly.
You could have phrased this one better boss

Mist™, Paul Gwe, donddon, CaspertheDj liked this post
Mwenyekiti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2019, 09:01 AM   #90
ngara

Quote:
Originally Posted by donddon View Post
The house look great. My only negativity is when "low income earners" move in, will they maintain them properly. Maybe there should be plans to put up some sort of associations to over see that the buildings and house are kept neat and tidy. Kiulizo tu.
I would disagree for the following reasons:-
1. The apartments are for sale not rent. Normally where public housing is for renting is where you see low maintenance standards. The Ngara civil servants housing is well maintained(although it needs some repainting). I am sure there will be an association to take care of the common areas.

2.The houses are affordable for the simple reason that the land costs is not factored in. The market price for similar houses in the area is around 5-8m. Rents are around 25-40K. There is an incentive for the new owners to keep them neat and tidy for lock in period of 8 years.

3. The offer prices range from 1.5 to 4m. In the kenyan context those are not exactly low income earners. Even in the low income schemes in Kibera the buildings have remained neat and tidy over time.

4. Location of the project is quite strategic. It will be served by the two BRT lines Line 2 along Muranga road to Ngara and Line 3 Juja Road-Ring road Ngara. It means over time being TOD project it will an attractive area for renters.

On the other side if govt especially county govt allows the public space around the project to deteriorate then the buildings will decay. Already they are allowing vibandas on the perimeter wall. The Githurai/coast buses have also found a parking space. Muslim road where the entrance of the completed units is located is a hot muddy mess. Public space maintenance will be the doom of the project.

andegwa, brian the real story liked this post

Last edited by ngara; October 16th, 2019 at 09:12 AM.
Old October 16th, 2019, 04:06 PM   #91
abckris

Likes (Received): 2336

These houses will ease cost of living in Nairobi by helping reduce cost of rent and mortgage.
abckris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement