Official Birmingham Development Thread 50! - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Birmingham Metro Area

Birmingham Metro Area Birmingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton and the West Midlands

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 23rd, 2019, 10:39 PM   #1
RalphGuy

Likes (Received): 4491

Official Birmingham Development Thread 50!

The half century is up. Many thanks to everybody who has helped fill the previous 49 threads.

Here's to another 50.

For the Official Birmingham Development Thread 49!, please click here www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1921958

Last edited by RalphGuy; March 26th, 2019 at 04:20 PM.
RalphGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 24th, 2019, 10:00 PM   #2
RalphGuy

Big thanks to Brum X for a seriously good set of photos today. Quality and quantity. Nice one X. Reaching parts that other photographers can't reach.

X,
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...14/639/9df.gif

And folks, don't forget to vote in the poll for where you think the new Mercian studios should be.

Last edited by RalphGuy; March 24th, 2019 at 10:38 PM.
Old March 24th, 2019, 11:21 PM   #3
astropa

Likes (Received): 513

Just a quick note on the development on the Stratford Road in Shirley posted on thread 49. The development is for retirement homes. My other half lives 5 mins walk from the development so i'm regularly walking past.
astropa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 25th, 2019, 12:14 AM   #4
RalphGuy

I wonder if folks could give some thought on how they want the forum to be over the next week or so.

Basically, what threads do you want in the Development Forum and what threads do you want in the Lunar Society and do we need to create a new forum to cater for other threads that don't fit the Development or Lunar Society threads?

Shall we limit the Development forum to just developments? Maybe create a new forum for the numerous photo threads we've got? Debate topics purely for the Lunar Society? Odd threads to go in a new forum?

I don't mind rearranging the threads but at the moment everything is mixed in and it's hard to know where some threads should go as there appears to have been different rules for the same type of threads.

I think it would be good for the forum to debate any ideas people might have whilst things are generally quiet and I can then put them to Jan to see if they're workable.
Old March 25th, 2019, 12:28 AM   #5
Brum X

Likes (Received): 16923

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphGuy View Post
Big thanks to Brum X for a seriously good set of photos today. Quality and quantity. Nice one X. Reaching parts that other photographers can't reach.

X,
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...14/639/9df.gif

And folks, don't forget to vote in the poll for where you think the new Mercian studios should be.
Your welcome Birmingham SSC, just doing my bit for the forum and Brum

RalphGuy, Mosleyan, Birmingham liked this post
Brum X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2019, 10:33 AM   #6
sefton66

Likes (Received): 7609

I believe some threads are in the main forum as if your not a user lunar society isn’t viewable?

Maybe make lunar society viewable to all and then development for development and lunar society for everything else non construction/completed

RalphGuy, Bear Would Ian liked this post
sefton66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2019, 02:40 PM   #7
jonfsnow

Likes (Received): 1577

Are Prosperity Wealth a legitimate outfit or a bunch of con artists?

They have several developments allegedly with planning permission/pending all for completion around 2020 but they don't even have CGIs or brochures on their website, where can I find the information?
jonfsnow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2019, 02:57 PM   #8
WarwickDan

Likes (Received): 2345

Didn't want to bump the thread as it's nothing mega but I noticed that Taylor Grange (of 211 Broad Street et al renown), appointed a construction director in Jan this year. Positive signs.

Edit* I've just seen the Westminster Works thread where construction looks imminent. Sorry chaps - I'm well off the pace.

RalphGuy liked this post
WarwickDan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2019, 03:02 PM   #9
RalphGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfsnow View Post
Are Prosperity Wealth a legitimate outfit or a bunch of con artists?

They have several developments allegedly with planning permission/pending all for completion around 2020 but they don't even have CGIs or brochures on their website, where can I find the information?

jon, try and be more forthright in your opinions.

They've completed a site at Scotland Street recently called B1 but other than that I don't know much about them.
Old March 25th, 2019, 03:19 PM   #10
RalphGuy

2019/02262/PA Existing railway arch on land bounded by Lionel Street to the west, Old Snow Hill, St Chad's Queensway and Livery Street.

Alterations and change of use of existing railway arch to create third pedestrian entrance to Snow Hill railway station and associated public realm works.

Lucas98, LocalVernacular liked this post
Old March 25th, 2019, 03:50 PM   #11
jonfsnow

Likes (Received): 1577

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphGuy View Post
jon, try and be more forthright in your opinions.

They've completed a site at Scotland Street recently called B1 but other than that I don't know much about them.
Thought I'd go ahead and ask straight up

I find it strange that they seem to have a few projects allegedly in progress but no CGIs, renderings etc of what they look like, their brochures are very generic and unhelpful and until very recently they had a testimonial on their website from the late Cyrille Regis, which seemed somewhat insensitive.

RalphGuy liked this post
jonfsnow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2019, 08:30 PM   #12
RalphGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfsnow View Post
Thought I'd go ahead and ask straight up

I find it strange that they seem to have a few projects allegedly in progress but no CGIs, renderings etc of what they look like, their brochures are very generic and unhelpful and until very recently they had a testimonial on their website from the late Cyrille Regis, which seemed somewhat insensitive.

Maybe he spoke to them from the other side. I'm sure God would allow Big Cyril a few little favours here and there.

jonfsnow liked this post
Old March 25th, 2019, 08:48 PM   #13
RalphGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefton66 View Post
I believe some threads are in the main forum as if your not a user lunar society isn’t viewable?

Maybe make lunar society viewable to all and then development for development and lunar society for everything else non construction/completed

A sound idea Sefton. Mind you, the Lunar Society forum would probably end up with a lot more threads because they're not threads that are moved to Under Construction or Completed. Maybe we should create another forum to split the Lunar Society threads.

What do others think?
Old March 25th, 2019, 09:23 PM   #14
RalphGuy

Both articles basically saying the same thing.

Major funding approved to create homes and jobs.

www.insidermedia.com/insider/midlands/major-funding-approved-to-create-homes-and-jobs

Combined authority launches framework for £610m investment to unlock land for housing and jobs.

www.thebusinessdesk.com/westmidlands/news/2027807-combined-authority-launches-framework-for-610m-investment-to-unlock-land-for-housing-and-jobs

aqeembayor liked this post
Old March 25th, 2019, 09:56 PM   #15
sefton66

Likes (Received): 7609

The shambles that is birmingham city council

Question is how long until they go bust or government have to step in?

I’ve seen another article earlier today saying the council have been using money earmarked for roads to cover the true extent of its financial woes...

Quote:
Administration 'simply cannot be trusted with public money' - claim

Birmingham City Council has been accused of 'unprecedented levels of financial incompetence' following a third 'rare' auditor warning in four years.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...uncil-16016060

aqeembayor, WarwickDan liked this post
sefton66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2019, 10:20 PM   #16
ReissOmari
Birmingham - #1

Likes (Received): 14372

I think you should have kept those threads open Ralph, didn't see the need to close and start new ones? It's refreshing going back through those pages to see the difference in how our Cities have developed, they just get lost now once closed.
ReissOmari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2019, 10:32 PM   #17
RalphGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReissOmari View Post
I think you should have kept those threads open Ralph, didn't see the need to close and start new ones? It's refreshing going back through those pages to see the difference in how our Cities have developed, they just get lost now once closed.

Fair point Reiss. I understand. However, I felt it was time to let go of the past and look to the future. They will drop down the forum as have countless other Official Development Threads and countless other project threads which are still there to be viewed if people want to trawl back through the site. Life moves on.

I'm currently in the process of sorting out a lot of the old threads and the different forums that make up the Birmingham Forum. It looks like we'll condense the Development Forum down to just developments so these Official Development threads won't be that far away.
Old March 26th, 2019, 12:26 AM   #18
RalphGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefton66 View Post

As far as possible changes to the Birmingham and West Midlands Forum go, I'm thinking that if we can make The Lunar Society viewable for non-members, I can transfer all the non-development threads from the Development Forum in to the Lunar Society Forum and then, by creating a separate Forum that can't be viewed by non-members, move the light-hearted/jovial/silly threads from the Lunar Society in to the, as yet unnamed, new additional Forum.

We'd then be left with the Development Forum being for development threads only, the Lunar Society Forum being for more interesting and academic threads, with both of these Forums on view to non-members, and a new Forum which only members will see which will be for all the junk. I think this would tidy the site up immensely.

Development Forum - development threads - viewable to members and non-members,

Lunar Society - interesting or academic threads, old photos etc - viewable to members and non-members,

New Forum - personal/silly/jovial threads etc - viewable to members only,

All the other existing Birmingham Forums would stay as they are.

Brum X, Lucas98, Brum Knows Best liked this post

Last edited by RalphGuy; March 26th, 2019 at 12:41 AM.
Old March 26th, 2019, 02:03 PM   #19
Force_alfa

Likes (Received): 503

Could we also separate sub forum for Coventry under construction.
Force_alfa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2019, 02:09 PM   #20
RalphGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force_alfa View Post
Could we also separate sub forum for Coventry under construction.

You mean, you want the Coventry Under Construction forum separate from the Lunar Society and Birmingham Under Construction threads etc?

Last edited by RalphGuy; March 26th, 2019 at 03:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement