Broad Street Tower | Residential | 134m | 38 fl | Canc. - Page 5 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Birmingham Metro Area

Birmingham Metro Area Birmingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton and the West Midlands

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 25th, 2005, 07:53 PM   #81
woodhousen

Likes (Received): 1017

this picture just shows how much space there is on the one side of broad street for highrise development. the current land use on the north side of broad street is totally inpracticle.....
Advertisement

Old July 25th, 2005, 07:56 PM   #82
Martin G

Likes (Received): 47

D'oh! Bang goes the nice "canyon" idea then!
Martin G no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 07:59 PM   #83
Martin G

Quote:
Originally Posted by birminghamculture
Arena Central at a reduced height of 150m(hopefully) Broad Street tower should be visable behind HCT aswell as Alpha. HCT moved to its correct position. Orion at 90m aswell as JB at 70m, 2 paradise street towers at 120m, where the current Paradise and HCT tower are in your shot, 2x 120-130m towers at ludgate right next to BT plus a 60m block, Martineau gallery towers. Quiet a few really mate.

Give me a week and I'll work on it then (I won't have access to my comp for five/six days as I'm going to be away on recuperative duty at my family's).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 25th, 2005, 08:04 PM   #84
woodhousen

i recon they should extend brindley place westward along braod street but this time go a little more high-rise!
Old July 25th, 2005, 08:08 PM   #85
Martin G

Yeah! Why the hell not?

Brindleyplace has been a huge success, perhaps the demand for greater floor space (bearing in mind the restricted sites along this already rather narrow corridor) can ultimately dictate that future buildings will go UPWARDS rather than outwards!
Old July 25th, 2005, 08:19 PM   #86
woodhousen

well if u look, the height of the brindly pace building increase moving away from the canal......i mean look at the mass of the yellow tower....i think its 12 brindley place...i forget..... makes sense to continue the site further along and continue increasing the height lol
Old July 25th, 2005, 08:35 PM   #87
brum2003

Likes (Received): 257

I wanfer if argent are planning a tower for the final phase of Brindleyplace

they want a boutique hotel and maybe more apartments with office space ?

this is what is going in the mailbox cube and thats 17 storeys on a much larger footprint ?
brum2003 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 08:39 PM   #88
woodhousen

where did u hear this news...have argent made it public they want more at brindley place?
Old July 25th, 2005, 08:40 PM   #89
Dee

Likes (Received): 3

sorry Dave, i heard its only going to be around 6-8 storeys and mainly offices. It all could change though and i would have thought Argent would like to substantially venture into the residential market. A Brindleyplace tower does sound nice though
Dee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 08:44 PM   #90
Dee

Likes (Received): 3

Good news on this tower btw, although the rendering is only a basic visual and seems to show the back of the tower?, This CAA malarky is really annoying, if this tower is on much higher ground than HCT therefore i think the height limit on that ridge area is about 100m, but this will be at least 15 -20m over that possibly more. From some views this should appear taller than BT tower. Hopefully a 100m on the Fiveways shopping centre site and it will look great.
Dee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 09:44 PM   #91
birminghamculture

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee
Good news on this tower btw, although the rendering is only a basic visual and seems to show the back of the tower?, This CAA malarky is really annoying, if this tower is on much higher ground than HCT therefore i think the height limit on that ridge area is about 100m, but this will be at least 15 -20m over that possibly more. From some views this should appear taller than BT tower. Hopefully a 100m on the Fiveways shopping centre site and it will look great.
A completely forgot about the 5 Ways Tower - Any more news on that. I just really want to see what they propose at Auchinleck House, thats gonna be one of the biggest developments in Birmingham.

P.S Totally agree about this CAA ruling. This building itself is on much higher ground the HCT and looks to be taller then Beetham aswell. This could be what we need for others topress forward with taller structure and like you say this could act as a 150m tower jsut because of its position. it will look roughly the same height as BT.
birminghamculture no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 09:47 PM   #92
birminghamculture

Abount Brindley Place - Whatever go's up next is more then likely to be bigger then whats already there, If its not it will look immensly retarded in the whole lay out. Just lookat all the gaping room ready to be developed. I see at least 3-4 plots on the golden mile just gagging to be exploited by some big ass developers building tall.
Old July 25th, 2005, 09:52 PM   #93
birminghamculture

Its also nice to see that instead of being a well organised line of high-rises, this one will venture diagonally inticing people to view it. I wouldnt be suprised to see some neon lighting scheme at the front with the name of the tower or hotel on it.

Look how tiny the building on the immediate right of the building is. Woodhousen got it almost perfect

Old July 25th, 2005, 09:55 PM   #94
birminghamculture

P.S My predicted height for this building, taking into account the surrounding buildings and heights of them - I reckon it be about 125-130m, well taller then anything else currently in the city bar BT. or hopefully twice the height of Quayside - and up to 140m (now I am wishing)

It shoudl be pretty visable in this shot though when finished.

Old July 25th, 2005, 10:08 PM   #95
Smileyface
BAND AID

Likes (Received): 274

Hopefully it'll be at a height that won't fully fit in this pic

Old July 25th, 2005, 10:10 PM   #96
Smileyface
BAND AID

Likes (Received): 274

That Travelodge really is vile....replace that with a half decent sized tower as well!!
Old July 25th, 2005, 10:16 PM   #97
mk61
Yep

Likes (Received): 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodhousen
well if u look, the height of the brindly pace building increase moving away from the canal......i mean look at the mass of the yellow tower....i think its 12 brindley place...i forget..... makes sense to continue the site further along and continue increasing the height lol
The yellow one is 8 brindleyplace, the RBS building.
mk61 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 10:36 PM   #98
mk61
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodhousen

this picture just shows how much space there is on the one side of broad street for highrise development. the current land use on the north side of broad street is totally inpracticle.....
Good luck moving those people out their houses - I'm sure any developers would rather crack on with brownfield sites that dont involve buggering about with buying out a whole bunch of existing occupants. I still think we should be building taller with greater density - clustering - at eastside, and restrict highrise development in the western part of town to places like paradise circus, arena central, this site, and maybe a few others like the HCT corner of the city centre - make landmark towers that stand out.
Old July 25th, 2005, 11:03 PM   #99
Steve-e-b

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileyface
That Travelodge really is vile....replace that with a half decent sized tower as well!!
The Travelodge building looks like several porta-cabins stacked on top of one another - with a strip of white gaffa tape down the middle holding the two stacks together.
We could either stack more porta-cabins on top and make it into a tower, or peel away the gaffa tape and hope the whole thing falls down.
Steve-e-b no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2005, 11:13 PM   #100
mk61
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-e-b
The Travelodge building looks like several porta-cabins stacked on top of one another - with a strip of white gaffa tape down the middle holding the two stacks together.
We could either stack more porta-cabins on top and make it into a tower, or peel away the gaffa tape and hope the whole thing falls down.
It was the worst reclad in history - they acually made the building uglier than it already was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
birmingham