Birmingham Skyline Picture Thread - Part 2 - Page 6 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Birmingham Metro Area

Birmingham Metro Area Birmingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton and the West Midlands

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 20th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #101
Martin G

Likes (Received): 47

That's really cool in an arty minimalist 2D kinda way but the scale of the towers in relation to one another is all wrong!
Martin G no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2006, 12:08 AM   #102
van heckler

Likes (Received): 734

You say 'the towers in relation to one another are all wrong' yet i ponder how you could conjur up that conclusion from a picture so small? Surely you were over exaggerating and you only meant one or two of the buildings did not follow the same scale. If so, why didn't you just say, instead of embarrassing yourself as usual?
van heckler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 12:57 AM   #103
Martin G

Quote:
Originally Posted by van heckler
You say 'the towers in relation to one another are all wrong' yet i ponder how you could conjur up that conclusion from a picture so small? Surely you were over exaggerating and you only meant one or two of the buildings did not follow the same scale. If so, why didn't you just say, instead of embarrassing yourself as usual?

Who's "embarrassing themselves as usual" exactly?? Not me that's for sure. And since when exactly were you in a position to make such a preconceived judgement of me anyway? How long have you been here exactly sunshine? It's not as if I slagged the image off or anything you noodle. Far from it, I just implied that it appears that one or two buildings might not be to scale in relation to one another - an innocuous comment like that and you swing your handbag and bite my head off. Shame on you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 21st, 2006, 01:05 AM   #104
Martin G

Here we go: forgive me my pedantry but The Sentinels are the same height as the Rotunda - which is incorrect for a start. If anything, the Wheel, Hyatt, Rotunda and Alpha Tower, Fiveways Tower, and Natwest should all be scaled down a little bit - with the top of the Alpha Tower in line with the Sentinels. That would then be more to scale with the five structures on the left. That's all - I wasn't slagging your pic off at all - I like it, it looks really nice and I can just imagine what a longer frieze would look like with loads of other Brum towers lined up alongside like CCT, Bank Of Ireland, McLaren, Cumberland and Metropolitan....etc... I guess some of us tend to be more **** when wanting diagrammatic portrayals to show the structures to the correct relative heights. I'm not the only one either - someone else would have made a similar remark if I hadn't done so beforehand. Please don't take offence.
Old May 21st, 2006, 01:11 AM   #105
van heckler

Likes (Received): 734

First comment - ‘the scale of the towers in relation to one another is all wrong!’

Second comment - ‘I just implied that it appears that one or two buildings might not be to scale in relation to one another’

Oh yeah. I see it now. Silly me. I mean how could I have been so retarded to have looked at the word ‘all’ and not realized that you only meant one or two?

At the end of the day, it's just a fantasy picture of how Birmingham could have looked if built on a water front. Not really worth arguing about, surely?

Last edited by van heckler; May 21st, 2006 at 01:22 AM.
van heckler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 01:36 AM   #106
Martin G

Quote:
Originally Posted by van heckler
First comment - ‘the scale of the towers in relation to one another is all wrong!’

Second comment - ‘I just implied that it appears that one or two buildings might not be to scale in relation to one another’

Oh yeah. I see it now. Silly me. I mean how could I have been so retarded to have looked at the word ‘all’ and not realized that you only meant one or two?

At the end of the day, it's just a fantasy picture of how Birmingham could have looked if built on a water front. Not really worth arguing about, surely?

Whose being the bigger pedant now? You're only making yourself look more petulant with that response. At the end of the day it's only an innocuous comment I made so stop getting your knickers in a twist over it. Like I said, I wasn't even slagging you off so just get a grip will ya?

I mean your username is becoming rather apt, or has the irony of that escaped you too?

******* hell.
Old May 21st, 2006, 11:58 AM   #107
SimLim

Likes (Received):

I forgot to ask Bio. What are the these towers at Colmore?

Old May 21st, 2006, 07:05 PM   #108
Biosonic
Second Citizen

Likes (Received): 573

Now now Martin and Van - let's be nice to one another...

I like your little pic VH - it's nice

Sim - I took a shot a guessing what might happen at Snow Hill - not too bad as I guessed at something the same height as Lloyd House, which it loks like the Ballymore offices will be
Old May 23rd, 2006, 04:24 PM   #109
Martin G

It's okay - it's nothing really, I've forgotten it and moved on, VanH has deffo got some neat tricks up his sleeve - have you seen his little animation on the BT tower thread?? It's pretty funny!
Old May 31st, 2006, 10:44 PM   #110
Smileyface
BAND AID

Likes (Received): 274

A beautiful clear evening so I took a couple of shots from my balcony. Orion seems almost none existant! It will look impressive from here though if some of the promised proposals go ahead.

Old May 31st, 2006, 10:54 PM   #111
Martin G

Remember this pic Smiley - it was taken from your balcony last year....

Old May 31st, 2006, 11:01 PM   #112
Smileyface
BAND AID

Blimey, that tree on the left has grown a bit!!
Old June 1st, 2006, 01:44 AM   #113
Martin G

Are you sure I didn't stretch it somehow via photoshop by some clever telepathical process??
Old June 1st, 2006, 05:00 PM   #114
SimLim

Likes (Received):

I just drew an outline around the buildings for people with bad eye sight

Old June 1st, 2006, 05:07 PM   #115
SimLim

Likes (Received):

And with a few future developments on.

Old June 18th, 2006, 02:46 AM   #116
Smileyface
BAND AID

A few bizarre photos with strange angles and loads of train track stuff.

Old June 18th, 2006, 02:59 AM   #117
Smileyface
BAND AID

I think those photos as much as anything show how insignificant Stephenson Tower is on the skyline, knock it down now!!
Old June 18th, 2006, 03:30 AM   #118
Butterfield
lime-hating shrublet

Likes (Received): 3284

Truly amazing photos there!

I agree that Stephenson Tower looks insignificant compared with the big boys - and girls - but I think it should be relocated to Castle Vale to make up for their loss in the 90's. or
Butterfield no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2006, 10:52 AM   #119
Nacho

Likes (Received): 290

Great photos.Were they taken from Bordsley station?What kind of condition is it in now?
Nacho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2006, 03:39 PM   #120
SimLim

Likes (Received):

Fantastic photo's coming in to New Street is a phenominal site for a British city.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
skyline