Snowhill | Phase 3 | Snow Hill Queensway | Mixed-Use | 40/23 fl | 138m | Canc. - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Birmingham Metro Area

Birmingham Metro Area Birmingham, Coventry, Wolverhampton and the West Midlands

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old March 17th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #61
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

Likes (Received): 270

Bad news: There are no plans for the exterior of Lloyd House. West Midlands Police only rent the building and they are worried that they could be told to shift at any time with all the development going on around them.
The UK Housing Wiki - Attempting to document every tower block, council estate, private estate, housing association, tower block construction/ demolition method, tower block architect, tower block construction company... etc etc, in the UK. Everything to do with postwar residences! - Please join and help!

EREBUS - OFFICIAL MOD CANDIDATE 2011 - BRITISH MODS FOR BRITISH PEOPLE!
Erebus555 no está en línea  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 17th, 2007, 07:27 PM   #62
Biosonic
Second Citizen

Likes (Received): 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engels View Post
I think the section 106 contributions are going towards the works (rather than a cash sum) for the bridge deck to allow the Metro extension,.. they should be detailed in the outline planning application if anyone can be bovverd to check.
The bridge is being built as part of the s106 for the first office block
Old March 18th, 2007, 01:45 AM   #63
morestoreysplease
Brummie Angeleno

Likes (Received): 1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimLim View Post
What? Are you him? Tell me to stop when his actually any use and not annoying other forumers on specific threads. Find it immature. Trying to up a fecking height when its cleary 137m is stupidly immature and extremely frustrating. What would you like me to call him? Dipshit? No didnt think so.
I think you should calm down, and I wouldn't think I'm alone in that opinion - look Simlad, you're a very passionate person and very supportive of Brum, like myself, but you should take a raincheck on what you type and how your words may affect someone. A good website is www.scaryguy.com - he's a global talker on how words and negative vibes can destroy good feeling.
Advertisement

Old March 18th, 2007, 02:48 PM   #64
Dee

Likes (Received): 3

This area really is going to be top notch:

Dee no está en línea  
Old March 18th, 2007, 03:01 PM   #65
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

Likes (Received): 270

That's a hole and a half! What they looking for down there, dinosaur bones?

Thanks for the pics!
The UK Housing Wiki - Attempting to document every tower block, council estate, private estate, housing association, tower block construction/ demolition method, tower block architect, tower block construction company... etc etc, in the UK. Everything to do with postwar residences! - Please join and help!

EREBUS - OFFICIAL MOD CANDIDATE 2011 - BRITISH MODS FOR BRITISH PEOPLE!
Erebus555 no está en línea  
Old March 18th, 2007, 03:34 PM   #66
SimLim

Likes (Received):

Oil by the looks of things.

Morestorey. If that word upsets you then we can only apoligise. Its a quip. Martin G used his sarcastic nouse for this one. Talk it through with him. Bit pointless making a big deal over something so small.

Old March 19th, 2007, 02:04 PM   #67
FLD

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by morestoreysplease View Post
Great pics and excitement is mounting!! Sim - will you stop referring to FLD as Flid? I find it extremely immature, and not welcome.
He got that from Metrolink on the Manchester Forum, but Metro is dishing it out in a light hearted manner, but Sim seems to write it with a bit of malice.
FLD no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2007, 02:39 PM   #68
FLD

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimLim View Post
What? Are you him? Tell me to stop when his actually any use and not annoying other forumers on specific threads. Find it immature. Trying to up a fecking height when its cleary 137m is stupidly immature and extremely frustrating. What would you like me to call him? Dipshit? No didnt think so.

If you don't cool it with me Sim, & give me a little respect, I shall speak the the powers that be here & have you removed for a week or two so you can calm down a little ..... and I really mean that.
FLD no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2007, 02:40 PM   #69
SimLim

Likes (Received):

Old March 19th, 2007, 02:41 PM   #70
Biosonic
Second Citizen

Likes (Received): 573

Let's not sidetrack one of Brum's more successful threads lads.
Old April 5th, 2007, 09:40 PM   #71
blahblah
Change is Here!

Likes (Received): 8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some new panoramas from today. Top one went a bit wrong to be honest, and the second one I thought I'd try a new angle from the top of the car park looking down at the foundations.
Old April 5th, 2007, 09:48 PM   #72
Mercurius

Likes (Received): 243

dont worry about it going wrong, it actually looks quite good. It should be interesting to see how these pictures change over time.
Mercurius no está en línea  
Old April 5th, 2007, 09:51 PM   #73
Smileyface
BAND AID

Likes (Received): 274

Love your panorama's BlahBlah, they actually make the site look more massive than it already is! Right, this is the the proper thread to post updates on then? I posted my photos on the other thread by mistake, not realising this one existed! Is it, possibly, a good idea to lock the other one and have this as the main thread now that "construction" is well and truly underway?
Old April 5th, 2007, 09:55 PM   #74
Myster E

Likes (Received): 73

Lloyd house actually looks really good in that second picture, giving it more of a curve.
Myster E no está en línea  
Old April 5th, 2007, 10:10 PM   #75
blahblah
Change is Here!

Likes (Received): 8

Thanks for the comments guys. Would you beleive they're from a mobile phone?!

It will be interesting to see how they change, so I will try and keep to the one a month thing if I can. Might be that once the 1st building is up, there might not be much to see!
Old April 5th, 2007, 10:22 PM   #76
GrAfiK_248

Likes (Received): 539

what phone you got blahblah?
GrAfiK_248 no está en línea  
Old April 6th, 2007, 12:48 AM   #77
JonW67

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
This area really is going to be top notch:

I don't know if this has been brought up before but does anyone else find the 'Focus Foyer' building (the bland, faceless, boring brick thing in the top picture) to be....well...bland, faceless and boring! Long before the current developments taking place in this area, I felt this was an extremely poorly designed and poor quality development for such a prominent site. I know the building provides important and much needed facilities for the less advantaged - and I don't begrudge them that but a bit more imagination with the design facing St Chads might have made a world of difference.
JonW67 no está en línea  
Old April 6th, 2007, 02:12 AM   #78
feltip

Likes (Received): 510

If its the one I think you mean I like it.
Well designed. Not totally ordinary and isnt obtrusive to nearby St Chads.

Not all buildings need be spectacular so long as the grit and cement they provide helps to add density and form to complement other buildings.

GREATER BIRMINGHAM
feltip no está en línea  
Old April 6th, 2007, 02:24 AM   #79
Brummie in Leeds

Likes (Received): 0

it does look bland, but these developments will bring the area up. Can't wait to see what this will turn out like.
Brummie in Leeds no está en línea  
Old April 6th, 2007, 02:35 AM   #80
woodhousen

Likes (Received): 1017

no, i totally agree with you jon. im not saying that its not of quality desing, the other side of the building is great, but that is the back-side on the building and it should not be facing the roundabout!
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
under construction