JOHANNESBURG - FNB Stadium / Soccer City (94,736) - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 23rd, 2006, 08:50 AM   #61
Durbsboi
East Coast Massiv

Likes (Received): 183

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Gioяgos]
'
I never attacked any country.

Quote:
'Not to mention some of the worlds most horrific crime statistics.

If your going to blow money on a stadium when you have such major flaws to deal with elsewhere, atleast build a good looking stadium. My goodness.
ahem

Quote:
'
First you and Mo rush tag Greece and then you go on to insult Australia. You even tell us it isnt a racist post! Get it right....
Yes I wasnt attacking any country, I made reference to others as well,its not my problem if you can just point out those two country's. you said that SA has shocking crime stats, I was just making you aware that we not the only country that have crime problems too.

Quote:
'
Your digging your hole deeper, just stop pointing the finger and get your friend Mo Rush to stop picking on me and Athens. Its evident he is since he brought up 2004 in this thread.
What hole? I'm not pointing fingers, just giving you answers to your questions & correcting you when you wrong, thats all. & pleez the way you make it as if me & Mo have meetings to decide how to destroy athens, we aint pinky & the brain ok, i know him only on this forum. Now lets be adults here & stop this crap.

Bucket Facebook Page
Durbsboi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2006, 09:17 AM   #62
Durbsboi
East Coast Massiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory
1) I couldn't completely understand your post, with the hopeless spelling and all
Here we go ladies & gentleman "Mr Perfect", if some spelling is wrong he cant understand it. So sorry I will make sure I use the spell check function after I type my post, oh wait they dont have one here, so I will first type my reply in a program that has that function then after I dotted the 'i's & crossed the t's I will post my reply.

They say that the human brain is so powerful that it can read a word as long as the first & last letters are in its correct place. I guess we all not blessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory
2) I have never been to South Africa. But all I have said is that SA has a big HIV problem, and you cannot deny that.
I'm not denying that, all I said that we have a proper budget in place that are seeing to the matter of HIV/AIDS problem, India & china's HIV problems are bigger than our's, but not saying that its a good thing. What else can we do? we are distributing medication, we are sending out the warnings of unpropected intercourse, if people cannot adhere to all this what else can one do? as the saying go's "You can lead a horse to the water, but cannot make it drink"

Bucket Facebook Page
Old May 23rd, 2006, 09:24 AM   #63
Giorgio

Likes (Received): 495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durbsboi

What hole? I'm not pointing fingers, just giving you answers to your questions & correcting you when you wrong, thats all. & pleez the way you make it as if me & Mo have meetings to decide how to destroy athens, we aint pinky & the brain ok, i know him only on this forum. Now lets be adults here & stop this crap.
Oh no I cant even state my opinion now. Read what I wrote. I think id rather see the money go elsewhere. That was MY OPINION. Mo Rush decided to bash it and you decided to help him. Now your not getting anywhere so id be quiet if I were you.
Giorgio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2006, 12:23 AM   #64
mauritius gunner

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Why does everyone think that SA are poor? when was the last time we loaned money from another country??? huh? have been to the SA Forum?
Have seen the development taking place in SA? We have got a goverment that alocates funds to the different departments (i.e Health, Transport, Soprts & Recreation, & so on ) So each department uses that alocated funds for their purpose's, much like all the other countries in the world, we have got major investors coming in for 2010, so hence alot of money is being pumped into this event, so if it is in our budget to construct a stadium of this nature we will! Dont be lecturing us on what we should do with out money, would you like to be our Finance minster?

Thanx Mo for stepping up for us, & yes here in SA we have got dedicated workers who get the job done quickly, hell we just put up a luxury 10 storey building in one of Durbans up & coming area's in just 6 months, & this wasnt any small project! it has over 120 flats, two rising towers over 20 shops, & over 15 offices. So yeh we are more than capable of having it built before the 2009 deadline, the only prob we face is if the different workers union decide to strike, other than that we have no problems.
SA is poor. Just because 5% of you enjoy a plush lifestyle and fannying around in complete ignorance of the fact

I think in reality, when the tournament is over, all the africans go back to their townships riddled with AIDS and warfare.

Meanwhile a few whites and corrupt politicians reap in billions of Rand and return to their 'fortresses' called homes

Last edited by mauritius gunner; May 28th, 2006 at 10:45 AM.
mauritius gunner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 11:10 AM   #65
Rock Hudson

I'm looking forward to this tournament, but i'm afraid I may be robbed or bummed by some black savages with bones through their noses, or end up in a large black cooking pot with an apple in my mouth!!!!! What advice can you give me to avoid such a scenario?
Rock Hudson no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 12:36 PM   #66
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

Considering the state of your mental health, I think being "bummed by some black savages" should be the least of your worries.

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."
Kampflamm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 12:49 PM   #67
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauritius gunner
SA is poor. Just because 5% of you enjoy a plush lifestyle and fannying around in complete ignorance of the fact

I think in reality, when the tournament is over, all the africans go back to their townships riddled with AIDS and warfare.

Meanwhile a few whites and corrupt politicians reap in billions of Rand and return to their 'fortresses' called homes
Amen - I couldn't have said it better myself and I speak from experience.
Old May 28th, 2006, 01:04 PM   #68
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENIGMA
how lovely of you to join in.
Mo Rush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 03:53 PM   #69
mauritius gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Hudson
I'm looking forward to this tournament, but i'm afraid I may be robbed or bummed by some black savages with bones through their noses, or end up in a large black cooking pot with an apple in my mouth!!!!! What advice can you give me to avoid such a scenario?
Prick- mods please get this racist biggot banned!
mauritius gunner no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 08:00 PM   #70
skaP187

Likes (Received): 626

But eh any more pics of the design? 100.000 cap. that ain't shit! that's quit a bit!
who is the architect and stuff?
skaP187 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 08:03 PM   #71
skaP187

This forum is about stadiums no? I don't give a shit about the rest... specialy if I don't know about them and the only thing I know is that in 2010 the world cup is in SA so enough prospect of designs and stuff like that, so guys get your act together and let's get down to what this forum is all about!
Old May 29th, 2006, 10:44 AM   #72
Durbsboi
East Coast Massiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENIGMA
His alive! His alive!

Bucket Facebook Page
Old May 29th, 2006, 10:46 AM   #73
Durbsboi
East Coast Massiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Hudson
But from what people have told me, I thought you like to get bummed?
ok you must wear bulls testicles around your neck & eat chicken shit everyday to keep the guys with the bones through their noses away from you

Bucket Facebook Page
Old May 29th, 2006, 10:53 AM   #74
skaP187

ehem more designs please... or just give me the names and I'll do it meself
Old May 29th, 2006, 10:55 AM   #75
Durbsboi
East Coast Massiv

Regarding the designs & the architects, as Mo said in the 2010 thread, all will be revield after Germany, so we will have to wait

Bucket Facebook Page
Old May 29th, 2006, 10:57 AM   #76
Durbsboi
East Coast Massiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaP187
ehem more designs please... or just give me the names and I'll do it meself
sorry, thought I'd have some fun of my own

Bucket Facebook Page
Old May 29th, 2006, 02:58 PM   #77
skaP187

Quote:
Regarding the designs & the architects, as Mo said in the 2010 thread, all will be revield after Germany, so we will have to wait
Juli 2006 it will be then!
Old May 30th, 2006, 10:06 AM   #78
Durbsboi
East Coast Massiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaP187
Juli 2006 it will be then!
Yes , we dont want to spoil Germany's fun now, do we

Bucket Facebook Page
Old May 30th, 2006, 10:43 AM   #79
skaP187

Quote:
Yes , we dont want to spoil Germany's fun now, do we
Well... being Dutch I would not realy mind ... but I guess I have no choice do I? Two long long months pffff
Old May 30th, 2006, 11:00 PM   #80
dysan1
More development

Likes (Received): 2544

oh my its like stepping into the looney bin...nutters attacking you from each and every corner...hmmm...does intelligent conversations take place anymore? or is it a constant pissing contest???

As for the stadia and south africa. Yes things will get done. We have some of the most talented engineers and architects in the world.

For those of you that state that the soccer world cup will rob the poor of a future, obviously you dont understand the benefits associated with the event.

SA's economy is growing at 5% pa, the government has launched a R380bn ($64bn) infrastucture project for the next 4 years, to totally transform many aging services. These will directly improve the lives of the majority of the people.

This show of investment by government is working as a signal to international investors that South Africa means business about becoming a world powerhouse (which we will become). This is inturn bringing in other foreign investors. The billions these people are pumping into South Africa's economy is having the direct effect of reducing unemployment (which has fallen over the past few years).

Figures are one thing, you can all speak about AIDS and poverty, but a forward thinking country can never solve those two problems by merely throwing money at them, they have to fix them from the root of the problem, and that is education, employment and investment. And SA is doing all those things correctly. Yes crime is a problem, but as with the above mentioned factors, you have to solve the root of the problem, not treat the symptoms.

Focus must always be on: Education, Employment and Investment, they will filter out and solve the other problems over time.

So either be perpetual pesimists, or use your brains and think out of the box. As a people South Africans have a resolve unlike anyone else in the world.

Come visit our cities, see the development, see the social effects this is having and then tell me that we are going to the shitter...hey just visit our forum to see what the world tends to ignore about africa and its progress
Advertisement

Tags
johannesburg, soccer, south africa