BERLIN | Public Transport - Page 76 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 3rd, 2019, 01:45 AM   #1501
Darryl

Likes (Received): 450

So anything new on the progress of the new U55 stations? Any further setbacks/delays? Or still a go for opening in 2020?
Darryl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 5th, 2019, 08:20 PM   #1502
flierfy

Likes (Received): 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
So anything new on the progress of the new U55 stations? Any further setbacks/delays? Or still a go for opening in 2020?
There are no U55 stations. What you mean are stations of the U5 extension,

lechevallierpatrick liked this post
flierfy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 07:51 PM   #1503
BurnyB

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:

The latest picures of the project that is a prologation of U5 and that connects to the it to the 3 existing stations of U55. These U55 Stations will be part of U5 after Opening

http://www.projekt-u5.de/de/bautagebuch/

You will find dated pictures here. The site exists in english too, but the german version has better documentation and the pictures will be found in order by the year they were taken

Opening is still expected in 2020 maybe early 2021. Critical path is station "Museumsinsel", that is beeing built in artificial frozen ground beneath the river Spree. An other possibility is that this station might open later
BurnyB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 9th, 2019, 08:17 PM   #1504
Lw25

Likes (Received): 1586

Unexpected water level and freezing ground is one thing, but Warsaw had the same problems and since 2010 they did not constructed 3 stations under the river in also dampf ground (they even had a flooding of a tunel). They constructed 7 of them, opened them to the service, constructed 6 more to be opened in this and next year and are proceeding additonal 8 to be constructed and opened by 2022. I would say that planing and execution of that investment seems to be a bit under the standards. I like Berlin, so I hope there won't be any BER style problems in 2020/2021.
Lw25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2019, 03:47 AM   #1505
Darryl

Likes (Received): 450

@ flierfy - Sorry, yes I meant the 3 new U5 extension stations.

@ BurnyB - Thanks for that site. I was aware of it, but it is not updated and has outdated information.

@ Lw25 - Yes, this is what I'm getting at. I'm not an expert, but it does seem Berlin is super slow at development. It seems to take longer for projects to get completed in Berlin in comparison to other cities.

My main question and point was does anyone here have insider knowledge of delays, or do you think these stations will actually open on time in 2020 as the website says they will. Thats all. Thanks
Darryl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2019, 03:52 AM   #1506
LtBk

Likes (Received): 4732

Quote:
@ Lw25 - Yes, this is what I'm getting at. I'm not an expert, but it does seem Berlin is super slow at development. It seems to take longer for projects to get completed in Berlin in comparison to other cities.
Which cities are you comparing to?
LtBk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2019, 06:46 AM   #1507
MiaM

Likes (Received): 105

Quote:
I'm not an expert, but it does seem Berlin is super slow at development. It seems to take longer for projects to get completed in
In 1990 Berlin kind of already had the infrastructure for the amount of people who were living in Berlin just a while ago, so it's only recently that there has been any urgent need to build more things.

Btw, the timeline for the U5 extension seems to compare decently to for example Crossrail in London. Sure, Crossrail is a far larger project but the basic concept of building a decent sized tunnel infrastructure is similar.
MiaM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2019, 07:13 AM   #1508
Lw25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtBk View Post
Which cities are you comparing to?

As I mentioned before, capital of a next country to the East constructed their second metro line in a similiar condidtion (freezing ground, dampf ground, under the river, even with flooding of the tunnel durring construction) few times faster than Berlin.
Old July 10th, 2019, 02:52 PM   #1509
BurnyB

Likes (Received): 0

[QUOTE=Darryl;160572118]@ flierfy - Sorry, yes I meant the 3 new U5 extension stations.

@ BurnyB - Thanks for that site. I was aware of it, but it is not updated and has outdated information.

Yes, you are right most of the information on this site never changed since Project was startet.
Exception:

Informations about project progress (Baufortschritt) mostly Pictures and visibl in german version only):
http://www.projekt-u5.de/de/bautagebuch/2019/
http://www.projekt-u5.de/de/bautagebuch/2018/

[...] years 2011 - 2017 [...]

http://www.projekt-u5.de/de/bautagebuch/2010/
BurnyB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2019, 05:22 PM   #1510
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 1070

I wouldn't take Crossrail as a good time reference...

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2019, 07:51 PM   #1511
Lw25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post
I wouldn't take Crossrail as a good time reference...

But Crossrail is definitely taking Berlin's investments as a role model
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
berlin, buses, s-bahn, trams, transport, u-bahn