BUCHAREST - Arena Națională (55,634) - UEFA EURO 2020 - Page 6 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 9th, 2008, 12:10 AM   #101
flierfy

Likes (Received): 665

Quote:
Originally Posted by likasz View Post
It's only candidature for EUROPEAN CUP (a new UEFA CUP) final in 2012!
Europa League not European Cup.
flierfy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 9th, 2008, 10:09 AM   #102
cornelinho

Likes (Received): 0

I wonder if any romanian team will reach the final it would be perfect
##################
##################

Romania
cornelinho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2008, 10:11 AM   #103
mihai_alex

Likes (Received): 10

I bet we would lose
mihai_alex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 9th, 2008, 10:14 AM   #104
cornelinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihai_alex View Post
I bet we would lose
me to
##################
##################

Romania
Old November 13th, 2008, 06:36 PM   #105
mihai_alex

Platini today at the construction site:

Old November 19th, 2008, 08:24 PM   #106
Bilbie1008

what soft do you use to do that stadiums lpioe?
Bilbie1008 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #107
Jenstz
BANNED

any webcam yet?
Jenstz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2008, 10:06 AM   #108
mihai_alex

Not yet...
Old January 29th, 2009, 11:20 PM   #109
Nikodem
*JKL*

Likes (Received): 29

So thats gonna be the arena of UEFA Cup Final in 2012. Congrtatulations!

Any updates? Can someone give link to romanian thread about Lia Manoliu construction process?
Nikodem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 10:37 AM   #110
PaulFCB
BANNED

Likes (Received): 263

The stadium might look like this after all:

Cheap, ugly, so like the 20th century

The mayor of Bucharest made pressures for a stadium with athletics track, of course he's right cause a national stadium should actually have the athletics track, but he only says that because he is a dirty communist who thinks all stadiums need athletics track so the idea is quite misunderstood. Two at hand, this country has like almost all stadium with athletics track and plus nobody comes to sporting events except football...they can just leave a 200 seat stadium for athletics events and maybe it will be 10% filled up or build a national rugby stadium 10.000 seats ( more for the image ) with a athletics track included.

Last edited by PaulFCB; January 30th, 2009 at 10:44 AM.
PaulFCB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 11:16 AM   #111
|R|@|D|U

The stadium will look like this:

Capacity: 55.200
|R|@|D|U no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 11:53 AM   #112
PaulFCB
BANNED

Yeah, I guess we all understood that that's the initial project and has chances to be done but there's still a decision to take seeing the athletics track witch is very important for a national stadium after all, practically almost all national stadiums have athletics track and it's normal for us to have two. Of course, not like the old Lia Manoliu communist made stadium that is impossible for the supporters but something like Ataturk, Athens 04 has to be done. After that we won't need any other like that.
While I prefer non-athletics, I don't mind the N.S. to be with since I probably won't be going to the NT games and it will be a clear reason for any other with athletics track to be built in Romania.
At least for the initial project, it looks ok even though it has nothing special, similar to Commerzbank Arena and the roof seems a copy of HSV Arena. National stadiums should have a identity, not for us. The capacity is small, it's pretty clear it will neither be almost empty at non-important games or it will be filled up at 55.000 or 70.000 so a small effort could have been done for a bigger capacity, after all, with 70.000 this thing would have had almost 100% chances to host a Champions League final with Platini who advantages eastern European countries in stuff like this.

Last edited by PaulFCB; January 30th, 2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old January 30th, 2009, 04:04 PM   #113
DaveyCakes

Likes (Received): 45

I don't understand your logic at all. You say that the stadium would only be filled for a few important matches and then say that's a reason for building a 70,000 seater instead of a 55,000 seater...That doesn't make sense at all.

Neither does basing the design of a stadium on the potential for one champions league final. I don't know the figures, but how much extra revenue would a champions league final generate compared to a Europa League final? Against that, how much extra would the larger stadum cost to build and operate?
DaveyCakes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 05:00 PM   #114
PaulFCB
BANNED

Well, Istanbul built Ataturk for the same sum of money and it was like almost 80.000!?
Two at hand, you won't see a Romania-Luxembourg/Macedonia/Bosnia/Feroe filled up but games like vs. Serbia/Bulgaria/France/Holland/Denmark/Czech Republic ( these are just examples from the ex-qualifying campaign ) would fill up a stadium bigger then 55.000 and the proportion of important/non important games is quite 50/50 now and the interest rises now that qualifying for Romania is not just a simple thing like in the 90's when except for the 1992 Euro nobody stood in front of Romania in a group.
So the effort for at least 60.000-65.000 wasn't a big deal especially that once a new stadium people would be motivated more to come face to the old communist stadiums with harsh conditions/low visibility.
Anyway, now I would bet there will be some scandal since I don't see this stadium finishing in time like anything else done in Romania.
Old January 30th, 2009, 05:36 PM   #115
mihai_alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the Gunner View Post
Well, Istanbul built Ataturk for the same sum of money and it was like almost 80.000!?
Two at hand, you won't see a Romania-Luxembourg/Macedonia/Bosnia/Feroe filled up but games like vs. Serbia/Bulgaria/France/Holland/Denmark/Czech Republic ( these are just examples from the ex-qualifying campaign ) would fill up a stadium bigger then 55.000 and the proportion of important/non important games is quite 50/50 now and the interest rises now that qualifying for Romania is not just a simple thing like in the 90's when except for the 1992 Euro nobody stood in front of Romania in a group.
So the effort for at least 60.000-65.000 wasn't a big deal especially that once a new stadium people would be motivated more to come face to the old communist stadiums with harsh conditions/low visibility.
Anyway, now I would bet there will be some scandal since I don't see this stadium finishing in time like anything else done in Romania.
Quote:
Yeah, I guess we all understood that that's the initial project and has chances to be done but there's still a decision to take seeing the athletics track witch is very important for a national stadium after all, practically almost all national stadiums have athletics track and it's normal for us to have two. Of course, not like the old Lia Manoliu communist made stadium that is impossible for the supporters but something like Ataturk, Athens 04 has to be done. After that we won't need any other like that.
While I prefer non-athletics, I don't mind the N.S. to be with since I probably won't be going to the NT games and it will be a clear reason for any other with athletics track to be built in Romania.
At least for the initial project, it looks ok even though it has nothing special, similar to Commerzbank Arena and the roof seems a copy of HSV Arena. National stadiums should have a identity, not for us. The capacity is small, it's pretty clear it will neither be almost empty at non-important games or it will be filled up at 55.000 or 70.000 so a small effort could have been done for a bigger capacity, after all, with 70.000 this thing would have had almost 100% chances to host a Champions League final with Platini who advantages eastern European countries in stuff like this.
It's incredible that I can't agree with anything you said,and I won't even boder to contradict you except 2 things.
Firstly,haven't you understood yet that better quality stadiums increase the attendance?and secondly,this stadium will most surely be finished,the magnitude of the event,and the embarrassment following an eventual incompletion of this stadium,though I know it could never be the case not even for us,would keep us from getting to that point.

I wouldn't get concerned that a track stadium could be built instead of the first proposal because UEFA agreed for what we presented,and any changes to that could also change the agreement.
Old January 30th, 2009, 08:33 PM   #116
rhadookoo

Quote:
The stadium might look like this after all:

What bothers me is that you can see a another stadium behind the big one. Why can't they install an athletics track for the small stadium and make a decent football ground?
rhadookoo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 09:46 PM   #117
pescarush

Likes (Received): 1763

no athletics tracks included in this project.
and if someone would of thinking that the project may change all of a sudden by simply adding those tracks is wrong cause the foundations are already made, also the date of completion is scheduled to host the UEFA Cup Final in 2012.

thanks to commodore
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodore View Post
An article about National Stadium site construction in Cotidianul

Photo:Cotidianul

pescarush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 11:52 PM   #118
PaulFCB
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihai_alex View Post
Firstly,haven't you understood yet that better quality stadiums increase the attendance

So you're point is *partz*.
Thats exactly what I was saying, Lia Manoliu for example with Denmark was filled even though the stadium sucked big time. The capacity that time was 60.000 after renovations from 55.000. So thats exactly what I was saying, a brand new stadium, even though with athletics track, but not oval communist stands could be filled up at a normal and important game even at a capacity of 65.000-70.000.

So for a new stadium 55.000 just seems too less and then lets not forget another thing, this stadium will host any C.L. and even UEFA Cup games of Dinamo, Rapid and others teams excepting CFR from the province that will play. Dinamo filled up old style Lia Manoliu with Manchester and Lazio marking the biggest attendance since the stadium was all seater and even if it would have had 70.-100.000 it would have been filled up.

Now that the stadium will be new, from it's completion probably for the CL and Spring UEFA games people would fill up a 70.000 NEW stadium. Now lets not forget its not only the National Team in the middle.

Then Europa League will bring a UCL type group stage. The competition will grow each year since more and more money are going to be dedicated, big teams will consider the competition more important.

Then the CL will be very accessible for any Romania Champion Team because the new system by Platini gives the country's under the 12th place in the coefficient the chance to play the preliminaries only with other champions from 12 to the last so no Manchester, Lazio or anything like this anymore. It's only harder for our vice-champions who will still enter CL where they will have to play only teams from the strong championships to qualify and getting a seeded place is hard cause only 10 teams will be in the final round not 32 like to this day but at least we will constantly have the chance to enter the competition with at least 1 team and eventually keep 3 for the Europa League.

Last edited by PaulFCB; January 30th, 2009 at 11:59 PM.
Old January 31st, 2009, 12:58 AM   #119
cornelinho

Paul ... about that track thing you said...
Ataturk, Athens 04 are not even used by the national football teams … they prefer fenerbahche stadium and olympiacos stadium ….as you cans see many athletic stadiums are being dogged up or demolished... ex: City of Manchester and Delle Alpi ...
##################
##################

Romania

Last edited by cornelinho; January 31st, 2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old January 31st, 2009, 07:59 AM   #120
mihai_alex

Quote:
So you're point is *partz*.
Thats exactly what I was saying, Lia Manoliu for example with Denmark was filled even though the stadium sucked big time. The capacity that time was 60.000 after renovations from 55.000. So thats exactly what I was saying, a brand new stadium, even though with athletics track, but not oval communist stands could be filled up at a normal and important game even at a capacity of 65.000-70.000.

So for a new stadium 55.000 just seems too less and then lets not forget another thing, this stadium will host any C.L. and even UEFA Cup games of Dinamo, Rapid and others teams excepting CFR from the province that will play. Dinamo filled up old style Lia Manoliu with Manchester and Lazio marking the biggest attendance since the stadium was all seater and even if it would have had 70.-100.000 it would have been filled up.

Now that the stadium will be new, from it's completion probably for the CL and Spring UEFA games people would fill up a 70.000 NEW stadium. Now lets not forget its not only the National Team in the middle.

Then Europa League will bring a UCL type group stage. The competition will grow each year since more and more money are going to be dedicated, big teams will consider the competition more important.

Then the CL will be very accessible for any Romania Champion Team because the new system by Platini gives the country's under the 12th place in the coefficient the chance to play the preliminaries only with other champions from 12 to the last so no Manchester, Lazio or anything like this anymore. It's only harder for our vice-champions who will still enter CL where they will have to play only teams from the strong championships to qualify and getting a seeded place is hard cause only 10 teams will be in the final round not 32 like to this day but at least we will constantly have the chance to enter the competition with at least 1 team and eventually keep 3 for the Europa League.
You deviated a bit from the subject...sry but I didn't see that you wrote the attendance thing,I got bored reading and maybe a missed a line ...or 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelinho View Post
Paul ... about that track thing you said...
Ataturk, Athens 04 are not even used by the national football teams … they prefer fenerbahche stadium and olympiacos stadium ….as you cans see many athletic stadiums are being dogged up or demolished... ex: City of Manchester and Delle Alpi ...
Ataturk was a waste of money,a stadium with just one purpose,the 2005 CL final.
In our case the national stadium is built for the national team,so we need not talk further about this,or compare.

Last edited by mihai_alex; January 31st, 2009 at 08:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
bucharest, romania, soccer, uefa euro 2020