Newcastle United - Match Reports and discussions about "on-the-field" performances - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > North East England > Newcastle Metro Area

Newcastle Metro Area For Newcastle, N Tyneside, Gateshead, S Tyneside, South Northumberland

Old November 1st, 2009, 08:46 PM   #41
Geordie Ahmed

Likes (Received): 1

Yeah i think it will be like point 1 - the style of play we utilised was not going to be successful for very long and Hughton has shown that he doesnt have the nous to change things.

We seem to just lump it forward to the guys up front BUT that isnt working especially when Harewood is one of those strikers, i cant believe how poor he has been

I think we need to start playing on the ground more, we have i think the personnel to make that work - I would like to see a us play Guthrie in the middle, he is a clever player and arguably our most creative so we should take advantage of that.

If we play Ranger and Carroll up front tomorrow then i think we might have a chance to take something from the game. Im concerned about the defence - we are badly missing Taylor
Geordie Ahmed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 1st, 2009, 08:51 PM   #42
bigchrisfgb
The Legend

Likes (Received): 779

I agree, I don't think any Newcastle team has ever been able to play up in the air, since before Sir Bobbies tenure, maybe before the Premiership years. Thats where al of our managers have failed in my opinion, they all seem to think that we can do it, but we can't. I don't know why but we always have a team that suit playing along the ground.

Fortunatly in this division, not many teams can play in the air, which means that they will have problems if they can make us look good.

Newcastle Metro Area
bigchrisfgb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 08:29 PM   #43
hollow man

Likes (Received): 25

I have to say that ive got a bad feeling about tonight.
hollow man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 2nd, 2009, 08:37 PM   #44
Dan_NUFC

Likes (Received): 3

Chris Hughton is so ******* daft.

Harper

Simpson Coloccini Kadar Enrique

R.Taylor Smith Butt (C) Gutierrez

Nolan
Carroll

Tonights team. Butt is absolutely ******* woeful, he breaks play down for both teams and has been past it since 2007, he really is dreadful and I am genuinely concerned that he is starting tonight. Him and Smith in the centre of the park will protect the back four, which doesn't look great (cheers for the squad depth Mike) but they will offer us absolutely nothing going forward. We will just lump the ball up to Andy Carroll tonight and slump to a 2-0 defeat.

Sheffield United haven't been great this season but I will be surprised if we get anything here.

Great times supporting NUFC. Ashley needs to go and take Llambias with him.
Dan_NUFC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 09:29 PM   #45
bigchrisfgb
The Legend

Tough game this, we have came back into it though.

Newcastle Metro Area
Old November 2nd, 2009, 10:10 PM   #46
maxtoon
Southeast Geordie

Likes (Received): 8

scrappy as hell .. we're bloody pathetic yet again !!

we don't deserve anything from the game but snatching a 1-0 is the best we can hope for
maxtoon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 10:16 PM   #47
bigchrisfgb
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtoon View Post
scrappy as hell .. we're bloody pathetic yet again !!

we don't deserve anything from the game but snatching a 1-0 is the best we can hope for
Much better from us in the 2nd half. We were lucky about our goal (currently 1-0), I didn't even celebrate untill we kicked of again because I thought it would be disallowed.

Newcastle Metro Area
Old November 2nd, 2009, 10:50 PM   #48
bigchrisfgb
The Legend

3 points, great save by harper, twice, but his 2nd made me forget the other keeper we used to have. Though I do still think Krul is better then Harper.

Sheffield United 0-1 Newcastle United.

Newcastle Metro Area
Old November 2nd, 2009, 11:12 PM   #49
maxtoon
Southeast Geordie

Likes (Received): 8

snatched a 1-0 thanks to Harper ...

still a pathetic performance though

a few plus points in Enrique and Carroll. Drop Butt for Guthrie !!

oh well .. top of the league we go again
maxtoon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 11:15 PM   #50
Geordie Ahmed

Delighted with the win - performance less so.

We got lucky with the goal (should have been a free kick) BUT before that we were 2nd best - we improved after we scored BUT we cant always rely on jammy goals.

Nicky Butt is pathetic, cant run anymore, cant tackle and cant pass, he is a liability. Much rather have Guthrie playing in the middle

Still top of the league so it isnt all doom and gloom
Old November 2nd, 2009, 11:19 PM   #51
hollow man

Likes (Received): 25

A very welcome 3 points but did you know that was only our 10th win in 61 attempts at Brammal Lane!?!?
hollow man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 08:12 PM   #52
johnnypd

Likes (Received): 1233

this almost made me choke in disgust!

Derek Llambias reveals St James's Park name change

Nov 3 2009 By Matt McKenzie

NEWCASTLE United chief Derek Llambias has revealed the club's stadium will change its name to [email protected] St James’s Park for the rest of the season.

The Magpies' Managing Director said the club will change its name to demonastrate how the naming rights sell-off will work.

He said: "We are basically looking to explore and maximise our revenues.

"We have a great opportunity at the moment because our sponsorships are coming to an end.

"We have a kit sponsor, shirt sponsor and stadium rights sponsors.

"Our intention is to put a package together that would include the stadium rights which would include a jumbo screen which is great for the fans as well.

"Our intention is to have Sports [email protected] St James's Park, we are never going to lose St James's Park.

"At the moment the Gallowgate End is Sports Direct.Com, we'd like to follow that through and take it for the rest of the season as a showcase as Sports [email protected] St James' Park."

"We know the history, it is incredible and it is very passionate.

"There is an ownership to it and the history is wonderful, we are not trying take it away, we are just trying to add to the revenue to our club."

johnnypd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 08:31 PM   #53
Geordie Ahmed

No surprise that he is going to use his tatty shop to be associated with the stadium

I said i wasnt that bothered about the stadium renaming because we will still call it St James Park and revenue will be brought it - BUT how exactly is revenue going to be brought in if that excuse of a shop gets the naming rights?
Old November 3rd, 2009, 08:41 PM   #54
bigchrisfgb
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed View Post
No surprise that he is going to use his tatty shop to be associated with the stadium

I said i wasnt that bothered about the stadium renaming because we will still call it St James Park and revenue will be brought it - BUT how exactly is revenue going to be brought in if that excuse of a shop gets the naming rights?
Simple, Ashley will take £20m out of the Sports Direct pot, and put it into the NUFC pot, then take it back out of the NUFC pot, and put it back into the Sports Direct pot, and say it's part of the debt to Sports Direct payed off.

So really we have sold the name for nothing.

Newcastle Metro Area
Old November 3rd, 2009, 09:27 PM   #55
Geordie Ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchrisfgb View Post
Simple, Ashley will take £20m out of the Sports Direct pot, and put it into the NUFC pot, then take it back out of the NUFC pot, and put it back into the Sports Direct pot, and say it's part of the debt to Sports Direct payed off.

So really we have sold the name for nothing.
not for nothing - its to line Ashley's pockets really

as hard as it would be, the best way to get rid of him would be for a full boycott BUT that would never happen
Old November 3rd, 2009, 09:30 PM   #56
bigchrisfgb
The Legend

Quote:
not for nothing - its to line Ashley's pockets really

as hard as it would be, the best way to get rid of him would be for a full boycott BUT that would never happen
Wouldn't work in anyway, all it would od is put the club further into debt and question our position of existance.

Newcastle Metro Area
Old November 3rd, 2009, 09:34 PM   #57
Geordie Ahmed

Quote:
Wouldn't work in anyway, all it would od is put the club further into debt and question our position of existance.
I think it would - he is treating us like shit because frankly he knows we will take it.

If fans stayed away in their masses then he will look to sell asap, no doubt about it because he will just be losing money as each day passes (more so than now)

Why would our existance be affected?
Old November 3rd, 2009, 09:41 PM   #58
bigchrisfgb
The Legend

Quote:
I think it would - he is treating us like shit because frankly he knows we will take it.

If fans stayed away in their masses then he will look to sell asap, no doubt about it because he will just be losing money as each day passes (more so than now)

Why would our existance be affected?
Because the club would lose money, which we all know he wouldn't be prepared to put back into the club, he's already taken out loads of revenue the club gets from shirt, tickets sales, etc, tv money, and transfer money, without much return, or if he has, he has put it onto a bill which we owe Sports Direct. If fans were to stay away, I don't think he would be botherd, he more or less now resigned to not getting his money back, and if the club was to go bust he would more then likely still of made money out of us, by the money he has already taken.

Newcastle Metro Area
Old November 3rd, 2009, 09:49 PM   #59
Geordie Ahmed

Quote:
Because the club would lose money, which we all know he wouldn't be prepared to put back into the club, he's already taken out loads of revenue the club gets from shirt, tickets sales, etc, tv money, and transfer money, without much return, or if he has, he has put it onto a bill which we owe Sports Direct. If fans were to stay away, I don't think he would be botherd, he more or less now resigned to not getting his money back, and if the club was to go bust he would more then likely still of made money out of us, by the money he has already taken.
BUT that wont affect the existance of the club - Ashley owns Newcastle United 100% so if anyone loses money its him.

The only way the club would go bust is if he decalred it that way BUT it makes no sense to do that because he would lose a lot, lot more that way rather than say sell it off for a bargain price (say £30-£40 Million for arguments sake)

He hasnt made money from us and he is unlikely to do so - he has spent £200 Million + on the club and the only way he would make money is if he sold it for that amount which is not likely to happen in the foreseeable future
Old November 3rd, 2009, 09:56 PM   #60
bigchrisfgb
The Legend

Quote:
BUT that wont affect the existance of the club - Ashley owns Newcastle United 100% so if anyone loses money its him.

The only way the club would go bust is if he decalred it that way BUT it makes no sense to do that because he would lose a lot, lot more that way rather than say sell it off for a bargain price (say £30-£40 Million for arguments sake)

He hasnt made money from us and he is unlikely to do so - he has spent £200 Million + on the club and the only way he would make money is if he sold it for that amount which is not likely to happen in the foreseeable future
Not really, yes he spent £200m, but he's took around about £50m form transfers, £24m form TV, unlimited amounts from mechendising, and god knows how much was already in the bank before he came. Noone can actually say if he has won or lost money, despite him saying he has.

Would it harm him, if he was that concerned do you think he would still make his stupid mistakes? There is no reason why he wouldn't just let us go, if we were making a loss because fans were protesting.

Newcastle Metro Area
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
football, newcastle, newcastle sport, newcastle united, north east sport, soccer