Newcastle United - Match Reports and discussions about "on-the-field" performances - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > North East England > Newcastle Metro Area

Newcastle Metro Area For Newcastle, N Tyneside, Gateshead, S Tyneside, South Northumberland

Old November 3rd, 2009, 10:02 PM   #61
Geordie Ahmed

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchrisfgb View Post
Not really, yes he spent £200m, but he's took around about £50m form transfers, £24m form TV, unlimited amounts from mechendising, and god knows how much was already in the bank before he came. Noone can actually say if he has won or lost money, despite him saying he has.

Would it harm him, if he was that concerned do you think he would still make his stupid mistakes? There is no reason why he wouldn't just let us go, if we were making a loss because fans were protesting.
BUT that hasnt been profit - our wage bill prior to this season was around the £70 Million mark which was covered by Ashley - its not like he just banked all the incoming money, i doubt very much he has banked much if any at all.

The reason i suspect he isnt letting us go (selling us) is because he thinks we can get promoted and then our value will increase BUT the idiot fails to realise that getting promoted wont be easy without signings/decent manager
Geordie Ahmed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 3rd, 2009, 10:07 PM   #62
bigchrisfgb
The Legend

Likes (Received): 780

Your right, he has coverd us this season, a little, though some of that is at an overdraft.
Though somewhere along the lines I do believe he has pocketed, the figures that come out do not add up. I would say that their could be some sort of blackhole withing the club that he inherited, but I doubt it, because remember alt of fans where actually sahrehlders, went to meetings, got copies of the balance, debts etc, plus the club was on the stock marjet, and non of it was ever brought to life.

Newcastle Metro Area
bigchrisfgb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2009, 11:31 PM   #63
maxtoon
Southeast Geordie

Likes (Received): 8

also the extra revenue when the 'big screen' is installed (guaranteed to be right in front of my bloody seat) ..

I'm quite happy watching the match down on the pitch without being brainwashed by endless replays and adverts !

but MA's just thinking of all those fans eager to pay £10 at the gate when away matches are screened at the ground ..
maxtoon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 4th, 2009, 06:16 PM   #64
hollow man

Likes (Received): 25

So, the new name is confirmed then.......sportsdirect.com @ St James' Park Stadium.

hollow man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 06:54 PM   #65
johnnypd

Likes (Received): 1233

Quote:
No, apparently that was just an example of how a name could be.
chris - that is the actual name of our stadium until the end of the season.
johnnypd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #66
bigchrisfgb
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollow man View Post
So, the new name is confirmed then.......sportsdirect.com @ St James' Park Stadium.

Newcastle Metro Area
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:42 PM   #67
maxtoon
Southeast Geordie

Quote:
it is the stadium name m8 .. until the end of the season !!

how about next year '[email protected] James Park Stadium'

i mean ... what a bloody joke. It's like something out of 'Pro Evo'
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:44 PM   #68
bigchrisfgb
The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtoon View Post
it is the stadium name m8 .. until the end of the season !!

how about next year '[email protected] James Park Stadium'

i mean ... what a bloody joke. It's like something out of 'Pro Evo'
All I can say is, BASTARD!

Newcastle Metro Area
Old November 4th, 2009, 08:55 PM   #69
Geordie Ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnypd View Post
chris - that is the actual name of our stadium until the end of the season.
and i bet you it will be the name next season as well
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:44 PM   #70
Wendigo Wendigo
I'm in your woods

Likes (Received): 698

I've just read about the new name on teletext. At first I had to check it wasn't April the 1st. Can I just say that my heart goes out to all Newcastle fans at a time like this. To be lumbered with a stadium name like that must make you want to... ...well, I can't think of what it must make you want to do but it has to be the stupidest PR decision made by a football club since Wednesday agreed to be sponsored by Chupa Chups.
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #71
BigLebowski

Likes (Received): 49

Really though, who cares? I dont know any Newcastle fan who doesnt say 'Leazes' or 'Gallowgate' ends, and Shepherd sold these a decade ago. It'll always be St James Park, whatever the idiot ashley choses to call it.

It is hard to take though why NUFC gets such a hard time from the media, when over a dozen league clubs sold their stadia name without any press fanfare or outrage (or in the case of BBC Radio 5 Live's resident ****wits, complete idiocy...yes, the 'Ant and Dec Stadium', how bleedin' hilarious)

For example, Tottenham Hotspur released pics of their new stadium with the words 'Naming Rights Here' emblazoned all over the render. Where was the outrage and mockery then? Or god forbid perhaps the London press didnt see anything wrong there while simultaneously lambasting those ignorant northerners.

and....breathe.
BigLebowski no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 10:10 PM   #72
Geordie Ahmed

The thing with those is that they are new stadiums

Im actually not bothered if someone wants to pay money to associate themselves with our circus of a club BUT its effing annoying when he gets his tatty shop to be associated with St James Park - there is no bloody revenue that way (having said that even if say an Adidas paid for naming rights, its not as if the 1st team would see the money)
Old November 5th, 2009, 09:11 PM   #73
BigLebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed View Post
The thing with those is that they are new stadiums

But Stamford Bridge isnt.....and yet Chelsea managed to escape the mockery and piss-taking which NUFC endured ("Gregg's Stadium" (c) Simon Mayo) when they made an identical announcement about naming rights this week. The whole thing smacks of London hacks chortling about Newcastle's (albeit self-inflicted) misfortune and turning a blind eye to the same thing happening on their own doorstep. Any NUFC fan-protest story is inevitably accompanied with a photo of a 17-stone shirtless imbecile with a mis-spelt tattoo. The same kind of fan you'll find at stadia and clubs across the country in fact...but never seem to be shown. How strange.

Im not a huge NUFC fan, but press hypocrisy makes my blood boil.
Old November 5th, 2009, 09:24 PM   #74
kieron79

Likes (Received): 6

Im not a huge NUFC fan, but press hypocrisy makes my blood boil.[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree, If there is one thing I hate it is this whole 'London Centric' attitude, "Ooh look at those silly Northerners aren't they quaint/silly etc", really pi**es me off!
I always remember many years ago after talking to a person on holiday from down sarf at how amazed they were that we had an airport!!!
kieron79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2009, 09:26 PM   #75
Geordie Ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLebowski View Post
But Stamford Bridge isnt.....and yet Chelsea managed to escape the mockery and piss-taking which NUFC endured ("Gregg's Stadium" (c) Simon Mayo) when they made an identical announcement about naming rights this week. The whole thing smacks of London hacks chortling about Newcastle's (albeit self-inflicted) misfortune and turning a blind eye to the same thing happening on their own doorstep. Any NUFC fan-protest story is inevitably accompanied with a photo of a 17-stone shirtless imbecile with a mis-spelt tattoo. The same kind of fan you'll find at stadia and clubs across the country in fact...but never seem to be shown. How strange.

Im not a huge NUFC fan, but press hypocrisy makes my blood boil.
I thought Chelsea made their announcement today?

Anyhow i fully agree with you re the London press - they are bunch of vile and despicable specimens. Its been like that from them since day 1 - they are hypocrites in that they are the first to dismiss us as a small, deluded club BUT the minute someone so much as farts here they come sniffing for a story
Old November 5th, 2009, 09:31 PM   #76
BigLebowski

Quote:
Yeah they did, what I'm saying is the press didn't feel the need to take the piss like they did with NUFC. Maybe i'm oversensitive, but i deal with Southern clients whose outlook on the entire region is based on bullshit they read in the back pages of the tabloids. (and broadsheets, theyre just as bad..)
Old November 5th, 2009, 09:37 PM   #77
Geordie Ahmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLebowski View Post
Yeah they did, what I'm saying is the press didn't feel the need to take the piss like they did with NUFC. Maybe i'm oversensitive, but i deal with Southern clients whose outlook on the entire region is based on bullshit they read in the back pages of the tabloids. (and broadsheets, theyre just as bad..)
You are right BUT i have certainly come to accept that the southern press are a bunch of twats - i used to get the same snide comments about Newcastle ("its grim up north") when i was on my placement down south.
Old November 5th, 2009, 09:38 PM   #78
BigLebowski

Quote:

Anyhow i fully agree with you re the London press - they are bunch of vile and despicable specimens. Its been like that from them since day 1 - they are hypocrites in that they are the first to dismiss us as a small, deluded club BUT the minute someone so much as farts here they come sniffing for a story
Hahaha very well put....im going to use that in future if you don't mind!

(And if you want to talk deluded, i spent all day yesterday in the company of a Spurs fan. Or the way he was talking, maybe it was Barcelona, Manchester United and Milan all rolled onto one)
Old November 7th, 2009, 02:36 PM   #79
maxtoon
Southeast Geordie

Newcastle v Peterborough - 3:00 pm - Saturday 7th November 09

nothing less than a win today guys ..

Guthrie has to start and hopefully Ranger .. Taylor is back ..

2 - 0 win

right .. i'm off for a beer before the match
Old November 7th, 2009, 04:01 PM   #80
Geordie Ahmed

TEAMS

NUFC: Steve Harper, Danny Simpson, Steven Taylor, Fabricio Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Danny Guthrie, Alan Smith (c), Kevin Nolan, Jonas Gutierrez, Marlon Harewood, Andy Carroll
Subs: Tim Krul, Nicky Butt, Ryan Taylor, Geremi, Nile Ranger, Tamas Kadar, Peter Lovenkrands

Im delighted Butt isnt starting BUT Harewood ahead of Ranger?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
football, newcastle, newcastle sport, newcastle united, north east sport, soccer