14 Riverside | Riverside - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Kenya > Projects, Construction and General Discussion > Nairobi Metro Region

Nairobi Metro Region Projects and construction in the Nairobi Metropolitan Region

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 19th, 2019, 06:35 PM   #61
Snowlion
Snowlion

Likes (Received): 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird25 View Post
Kenya will not be cowed, Kenya is strong, and the love of kenyan people will prevail
We should all thank KOT (Kenyans On twitter) for fighting for our country in the cyberspace during this time as well. Time for:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oHSdsbdGlU

Cool Waters liked this post
Snowlion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 23rd, 2019, 09:37 AM   #62
xJamaax
Mashallah

Likes (Received): 2970

Government builds house for GSU officer killed in DusitD2 terror attack

Quote:
The National Government is building a house for the General Service Unit (GSU) officer who was killed during the 14 Riverside Driver terror attack in Nairobi last week.

Japhet Nduguja, 25, who hails from the county, is the only police officer felled by terrorists during the security operation at dusitD2 Hotel.
The GSU officer was among security personnel deployed to evacuate civilians and neutralise the terrorists.

On Tuesday, the government deployed hundreds of inmates to construct the house at his Kimala –Ndiweni village on the outskirts of Taveta town.
Continue reading...

xJamaax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2019, 06:02 PM   #63
SE9
South East Nine

Likes (Received): 78228

Photos from the reopening of Dusit D2:

jaysonffm, Adm.Adama, Wildbeest liked this post
SE9 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 17th, 2019, 08:37 PM   #64
abckris

Likes (Received): 2336

We still don't know exactly what happened and security audits conducted to ensure the same does not happen again. We really don't have a serious government. We just don't have capacity and personnel that think and act strategically, we are lacking in this area.

abckris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2019, 05:40 AM   #65
Cool Waters

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by abckris View Post
We still don't know exactly what happened and security audits conducted to ensure the same does not happen again. We really don't have a serious government. We just don't have capacity and personnel that think and act strategically, we are lacking in this area.
This is so true. I think KDF is even more corrupt than the Police. KDF is never exposed to public scrutiny and their finances are as opaque as lead. There is a deep culture of mediocrity that allows them to sit pretty while neighboring countries encroach and provoke. Regarding the maritime dispute, I bet you not a single meeting has been held to discuss how best to protect and defend the area. I bet you no discussion has been held regarding what kind of equipment should we should look to acquire in the coming years and from where. Or what kind of training programs should be developed to ensure these waters are secured. They seem really so petty and small minded to me. The Ministry of Defense and KDF need a top to bottom overhaul. And please don't get me started on the National Intelligence Service.
Cool Waters no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2019, 03:43 PM   #66
abckris

Likes (Received): 2336

I think a lot of Kenyans grow up confused about peace, justice and fighting for their rights. "true peace is not merely the absence of tension it is the presence of justice". There can be no peace when someone is stepping on your foot in your house, because that's not justice. Practically, there is always some level of injustice, but it should not be systematic. In an organized and well-run government, you'd have seen some serious commission interested in finding out the truth in an open forum to put people to account and for us all to learn and never repeat the mistakes that made the unfortunate event to happen. It does not matter how many times we have to do this, because the cost of peace and life is something none can even estimate, it's invaluable.

j.mo liked this post
abckris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2019, 01:37 AM   #67
brayo

Likes (Received): 427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Waters View Post
This is so true. I think KDF is even more corrupt than the Police. KDF is never exposed to public scrutiny and their finances are as opaque as lead. There is a deep culture of mediocrity that allows them to sit pretty while neighboring countries encroach and provoke. Regarding the maritime dispute, I bet you not a single meeting has been held to discuss how best to protect and defend the area. I bet you no discussion has been held regarding what kind of equipment should we should look to acquire in the coming years and from where. Or what kind of training programs should be developed to ensure these waters are secured. They seem really so petty and small minded to me. The Ministry of Defense and KDF need a top to bottom overhaul. And please don't get me started on the National Intelligence Service.
While corruption can never be ruled out, I think our security agencies have come a long way. The last 8 years (since KDF entered Somalia) have been a trial by fire for our security forces. I remember the days when grenades used to go off daily in Eastleigh. Back then even boarding a matatu in Eastleigh was gambling with your life.

Today however things have improved alot. While there still many issues to be fixed. The situation isn't like it was before. Also, the KDF has produced quality men like DPP Hajji and EACC head Twalib Mbarak.

Mist™ liked this post
brayo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
14 riverside, dusit, hotel, international, kenya, nairobi, office, riverside, westlands