#PROJECT-Ras Al Khaimah: BAB AL BAHR RESORT - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Other Emirates Projects > Northern Emirates

Northern Emirates Projects in Ras al-Khaimah, Umm al-Quwain, and Fujairah

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 29th, 2007, 11:38 PM   #1
vimto

Likes (Received): 0

#PROJECT-Ras Al Khaimah: BAB AL BAHR RESORT

NAME: Bab Al Bahr Resort
TYPE: Res - Com - Office - Hotel
Cost: AED 1.2 billion
START: 2007
END: 2009

Rakeen launches AED 1.2 billion Bab Al Bahr luxury resort in Ras Al Khaimah

Rakeen, one of the region's most dynamic project development companies, has announced the launch of the AED 1.2 billion Bab Al Bahr resort in Ras Al Khaimah during a press conference held today at the Burj Al Arab in Dubai.

Bab Al Bahr will be the first project to be developed by Rakeen on Al Marjan Island, the master developer's man-made coral-shaped atoll being built to extend four kilometres into the Arabian Gulf. On completion in 2009, the Bab Al Bahr resort will encompass a four-star deluxe hotel, time-share apartments, freehold residential apartments, a shopping centre and an office tower, offering residents and investors 360 degree sea views and open private beach fronts.

Commenting on the launch, Dr. Khater Massaad, Chairman and Member of the Board, Rakeen said, 'Rakeen's fresh approach to development will act as a catalyst for growth and transform Ras Al Khaimah into a modern and flourishing destination that can capitalise on its huge tourism and commercial potential. Meticulous planning will ensure that Bab Al Bahr will develop into the ultimate resort destination, offering the most selective investor a gateway to island living.'

A total of five residential buildings, incorporating a total of 710 residential freehold apartments, are earmarked for construction, including 110 studio apartments, 300 one-bedroom apartments, 220 two-bedroom apartments and 90 three-bedroom apartments.

Residents can enjoy 100 per cent free-hold ownership in addition to a myriad of facilities, such as a private beach, pool bar, gym, themed swimming pools, children's play areas, parking for 800 cars, 24 hour security and hotel fitness and health club privilege access. Through special arrangements with the adjacent hotel, residents can avail of the resort's facilities and amenities, and can also take advantage of joining an apartment 'rental pool' facility to rent their units.

Bab Al Bahr will also encompass a 290-room 4-star deluxe hotel/resort, incorporating 120 time-share apartments, in addition to a 25-storey Bab Al Bahr retail and office tower, the business headquarters of the island, which will conveniently offer retail shopping and office space under a free zone trade license.

Located only twenty minutes from Ras Al Khaimah International Airport and 45 minutes from Dubai, Bab Al Bahr will be a self-contained community, presenting residents and visitors with leisure facilities including a nearby golf course, a night club, exotic gardens, beach parks, a la carte dining options and beach activities. The resort will be landscaped to have a tropical look, with coconut trees, flowers, shrubs, stones and waterfalls designed to allow for easy internal and external accessibility flow of residential and visitor traffic.

'We will work closely with Rakeen to create a modern day haven, combining top of the line luxuries with the grace of nature to generate the ideal home in an idyllic island lifestyle. We are also committed to upholding Rakeen's responsible development methods, as Bab Al Bahr is the ultimate eco-friendly development and promotes clean, energy-efficient and pollution-free living,' said Wahid Atalla, CEO, Spectrum Consultants, Bab Al Bahr owners' consultants and representatives.

A selection of experts in their field are involved in the development and operations of Bab Al Bahr, including B&G Hotels & Resorts - the hotel management company; ASTECO - the real estate agent for the freehold apartments, freehold offices and rental retail centre; Union National Bank - mortgage facilitator for home owners; and Spectrum Consultants. During the Press Conference, Dr Massaad signed contracts with the associates involved with Bab Al Bahr and thanked the companies for their support.

In addition to Dr Massaad, five representatives from associate companies also addressed the press conference, including Dr Imad Haffar, Chief Operating Officer, Rakeen; Aladdin El Khudary, Senior Vice President and Head of Real Estate and Commercial Finance Division, Union National Bank; Andrew Chambers, Managing Director, Asteco Property Management; Ahmed Balbaa, President, B&G Hotels and Resorts; and Wahid Attalla.

'I am delighted to work with this team of highly talented associates, whose support and expertise is central to the success of this project. Under the experienced management of Spectrum Consultants, as one of the region's leading consultancy houses and experts in property development and hospitality, I am assured that Bab Al Bahr will become a distinguished destination and will enable Rakeen to achieve its strategic objectives within a short period of time,' Dr. Massaad added.

Literally translating to 'central pillar' in Arabic, Rakeen is a private joint stock company established in 2006 by the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah to support the development of the emirate's booming real estate and property development sectors. With an authorised capital of AED 3 billion, Rakeen has slated additional projects for completion in the near future, including an exhibition and convention centre, offshore financial districts and new urban developments.

http://www.ameinfo.com/118311.html
vimto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 2nd, 2007, 11:09 AM   #2
soennecken
We will not be the last

Pictures

Pictures , pictures, my Kingdom for pictures
soennecken no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2007, 06:39 AM   #3
dubaigreen

Likes (Received): 1

How about prices

Any prices known already?
dubaigreen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 14th, 2007, 04:33 AM   #4
soennecken
We will not be the last

My Kingdom is Safe

Location.

Last edited by soennecken; June 14th, 2007 at 05:05 AM.
soennecken no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 07:25 AM   #5
dubaigreen

750 per sqft

Prices seems 750 per sqft. May be it is too close to the road, beginning of the trunk, but as a design, it seems original, like "maya temples"
DB
dubaigreen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2007, 06:41 PM   #6
romaforever

The Maya style buildings are interesting. Does anyone know prices and were to book the units?
romaforever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 01:03 AM   #7
cartographer5

Masterplan from their website.
cartographer5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 03:19 PM   #8
Perseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaigreen View Post
Any prices known already?
Solid Looking Project, i like the design

They are on sale by Asteco, i believe starting price AED 330,000 for studio , with mortgage 90% option available.
Perseus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 06:20 PM   #9
GoDubai!
Keep on building!

Likes (Received): 243

That is nice. Imagine actually living inside of a pyramid!
GoDubai! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2007, 07:34 AM   #10
kuttika

hi, i am not seeing much information in this site..............would any one who has bought in this project tell me if the price increase has taken place effective last week.........this is what i was told.....
kuttika no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2007, 05:09 AM   #11
BinDubai

very nice
BinDubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2008, 02:47 PM   #12
kuttika

bab al bahr------------------

hi
even though this is a very interesting project, i dont find any activity here...
has anyone bought in these apartment and can i have some further information on what is going on in this development............thanks
Old March 9th, 2008, 09:51 PM   #13
Irishka

Kuttika - I also would like to join and ask if anyone has actually bought an apartment there?

As far as I know there is no contruction progress.... However, I have read somewhere in the press that apprantly they are "on schedule" to complete the whole project by Dec 2009...
Irishka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 11:07 AM   #14
kuttika

bab al bahr

we keep passing this area, right now, seems to be on target - will try to get more information...have yu bought in this development. Since this is a rak development, I am sure they will delivery on time, I am not an agent, I have invested in this property and it has given me good appreciation.
Old March 11th, 2008, 01:50 AM   #15
bizzybonita
ĐЯ ฿฿ שίŧђ Ħīĝђ קΘฬξЯ

Likes (Received): 56

Rakeen "Bab-Al-Bahr" projects progressing as scheduled
Exclusive Dubai, 2/21/2008 08:17:00 AM

Rakeen, one of the most dynamic real estate developers in the region, has revealed that construction of its international standard apartment units in 'Bab al Bahr', the idyllic resort development on Al Marjan Island, is on track. Rakeen is one among the.

Piling is underway at present, while the apartment buildings are on its way to completion by the fourth quarter of 2009, revealed an official spokesman.

'Bab Al Bahr' (Your gateway to island living), the Dh.1.2 billion development, comprises 710 apartments in five buildings, that are available for freehold purchase. An additional 120 apartments are open for timeshare ownership.

Bab Al Bahr island Ras Al Khaima The confirmation that the construction is progressing as scheduled, indicates a vital step in the development of the project that will finally encompass the residential buildings, a hotel, a timeshare building, an office tower, and a shopping mall, rendering an exclusive lifestyle.

The Client Representative and Project Manager, Wahid Attalla, who is also the CEO of Spectrum Consultants, said "Available directly from Rakeen, with 100 percent freehold ownership, the Bab Al Bahr apartments are housed in six stunning buildings, with a dramatic architecture, complementing the natural beauty of the island. Open private beachfronts, landscaped surroundings and 360-degree sea views, add to the feeling of openness and the freedom that Bab Al Bahr adds to daily life."

The Bab Al Bahr hotel and timeshare apartments will be operated and managed by B&G Hotels and Resorts, a premium hotel and resort management company. The units will be exlusively sold by the leading property management and real estate company, Asteco, while, 90 percent mortgages will be offered to buyers of Bab Al Bahr apartments by the Union National Bank.

R
Old March 11th, 2008, 09:29 PM   #16
lordlucan

kuttika have you a contact detail to purchase apartments here?
lordlucan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2008, 09:40 PM   #17
kuttika

bab al bahr contact

hi, asteco is the sole agent, you can contact thomas hatem in their sharjah office they are selling third phase, i bought on the last day of the 1st phase and am very happy with the progress with this property- in terms of appreciation
Old March 18th, 2008, 06:38 PM   #18
eddy123

Like it!

Talked today to one of their sales managers. (lady) She told me that three buildings were are already sold. Price per sqft top now about 1000AED but depends on location. Their sales office is located in Sharjah and the web site is http://www.bab-al-bahr.com
eddy123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 09:41 AM   #19
eddy123

Purchased, one Bedroom apartment

Purchased yesterday a one bedroom apartment with terrace in the Amwaj building.

About 60% has been sold. There are still some prime locations available directly on the beach. But these are a bit over my budget.

This is a great project and I believe it will offer much more than the other launched projects I have seen until now on this man-made Island.

What I like about this project is the access to the beach, the resort style of the project, the five Star Hotel with its facilities and the shopping mall close by. It has everything for a vacationer.

Ed
eddy123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2008, 09:26 PM   #20
kuttika

bab al bahr

congratulations on your purcahse. I think it is a good investment and the five star hotel is definitely an advantage. the buildings are placed in such a way that most apartments would have a sea view. also the placement of the floors will allow plenty of light in all apartments. I dont still understand why this thread does not get the activity it deserves as I would definitelylike to know opinions of others who have bought in this project.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement