#PROJECT-Ras Al Khaimah: BAB AL BAHR RESORT - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > دار زايـــد United Arab Emirates > Other Emirates Projects > Northern Emirates

Northern Emirates Projects in Ras al-Khaimah, Umm al-Quwain, and Fujairah

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 27th, 2008, 07:12 PM   #21
eddy123

Likes (Received): 0

promote?

I also believe that it is rather quiet here but this could change overnight and for some to late. Maybe we should promote it a bit more. In the beginning people tend to be defensive and then suddenly it gets attention. Lets see when the project is sold out! It definite derserves more attention because it is a great project offering everything! Anyway I have all pricing details here and reservation information if anyone is interested. No commision for me btw

Eddy
eddy123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 27th, 2008, 09:29 PM   #22
kuttika

promotion

I agree with you, this project really needs some promotion through this forum - of all the investments I have made in UAE, I am most interested in how this one will develop. I dont actually see much publicity for any of the rak government projects and in actual fact, their projects are really good and there are no hidden factors and additional charges for parking, etc.
kuttika no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2008, 06:12 AM   #23
dubaiote

I have talked to the sales dept, and am considering purchasing a studio. Given that I am very risk averse, I prefer to not invest in 1bedroom.

I saw the plan and the studios generally do not have a good view or situation in the project.

Please let me know what you believe/see the inconveniences of studios are.

Do you guys think there will be a good rental market for Bab Al Bahr? What is the advantage of having a hotel situated in the complex? Do you think it would be easier to rent out...?

Thanks for the insight
dubaiote no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 28th, 2008, 10:34 AM   #24
Marzon

I´m also in, yesterday I bought a 1 bedroom in Yakout building. Considerd to buy two studios but liked the location of the 1 beds more. I have already made a couple of investments in Dubai and looking forward to see the development of this project.
Marzon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2008, 12:08 PM   #25
kuttika

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaiote View Post
I have talked to the sales dept, and am considering purchasing a studio. Given that I am very risk averse, I prefer to not invest in 1bedroom.

I saw the plan and the studios generally do not have a good view or situation in the project.

Please let me know what you believe/see the inconveniences of studios are.

Do you guys think there will be a good rental market for Bab Al Bahr? What is the advantage of having a hotel situated in the complex? Do you think it would be easier to rent out...?

Thanks for the insight
I agree with you that the studios have very limited view. in the first floor of amwaj and kaharman, there is no terrace for the studios. 2nd floor may be a better a choice. i see that all the studios are placed in the inner ring near the lifts, could be disturbing. the one beds with terrace will probably have more light also due to their placement. Since there is a hotel in the complex, may be short term rentals for tourists from the hotel spill over is possible.

Rak will soon become a major industrial hub (we are investors there) and I see a good possibility of rental income by the time the construction is over.
Old March 29th, 2008, 12:18 AM   #26
Our Property World

More Pictures

Here are some more pictures. We could not see any work being carried out on the Bab Al bahr site on our March 2008 visit, though we understand that commencement of the building project is imminent. Let's see.
If anyone visits the site again, please make a note of any works being carried out, and ideally take some pics please.

Overall, a lovely looking project. Congratulations to those of you who have purchased. Check out the La Hoya Bay project by Khoie too. It has an unbeatable payment plan. Sorry if this sounds like a sales pitch. It is not meant to be one. There will be plenty more developments being launched on Al Marjan over the coming year, as the developers who bought plots from Raken (the Master Developer) get their project approvals. Watch this space!

Our Property World no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2008, 02:26 PM   #27
VISTANA23

Can someone note who the contact is/phone number to get availability and prices for Bab al Bahr
Thanks
VISTANA23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2008, 02:54 PM   #28
kuttika

Quote:
Originally Posted by VISTANA23 View Post
Can someone note who the contact is/phone number to get availability and prices for Bab al Bahr
Thanks

thomas hatem, asteco, 0504813601

Last edited by kuttika; March 30th, 2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: missed numbers
Old April 1st, 2008, 07:09 PM   #29
Godfather ofProperty

has anyone purchased in Bab Al Bahr? i hear its now been launched in the uk, what price did u get? im being offered 1050 aed sqft.....
Godfather ofProperty no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2008, 07:55 AM   #30
eddy123

1050AED is still a good price!

I have purchased!

Some buildings were purchased completely by investors. The best located building (Fayrouz) is purchased by Rakeen, as I was told. The one behind it by another company who will lease the building.

I purchased my one bedroom apartment in Amwaj, on the second floor, facing to the beach. I hope I will be able to look pass the Hotel and Marmar. I have choosen for the big terrace, so front side.

The sales lady told me that the second floor is actually the third floor as the building will be raised about two meter from ground level. Maybe to provide parking underneath.

I believe this project is excellent for vacationers, short term rent, weekends out. Hotels are very expensive in Dubai and have a occupancy rate of 95%. This will be a very good alternative for many who don't want to be in smoggy and noisy city as Dubai.

I'm definetely confidence I will be able to get a good return on this investment but also consider to use it with my family for weekends and Holidays.

Ed
Old April 4th, 2008, 09:19 PM   #31
dubaiote

Good point Eddy and congrats on your purchase.

Ive been considering studio apt at Amwaj buildings due to budget contraint, but am not sure what kind of view Amway gives. I was told that there are studios with sea view, but have a feeling that those apt would barely be able to see the sea.

On the figure shown above, do you by any chance have the layout of apts that shows which ones are in the prime location facing the sea. It seems to me that only a quarter of the building would have sea view as the others would have garden or hotel view.

Also, do you guys think at 1050 it is still a good buy? Do you think theres a market for rental? Im thinking studios might be harder to rent out than 2br/1br.. what do you guys think?
Old April 5th, 2008, 03:35 PM   #32
DanishGardener

Select Properties and Mrjan Island - Pacific

Hi Folks

Virgin poster on this site although I have bought in Dubai. Does anyone have some good info on Select Properties and Marjan Island and their developments. Their Standard Payment Plan is 15% down, 15% every six months and 10% on completin - Seems steep. 2 bed sea view - 1.3m 933 sqft (1041 sqft with balcony) Is LHB residences 1 or 2 beds better bet and still anything out there to buy today?
help apprciated
DanishGardener no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 06:13 PM   #33
eddy123

Quote:
On the figure shown above, do you by any chance have the layout of apts that shows which ones are in the prime location facing the sea.
I believe you should make a decision on which side of the trunk you want to be. My apartment is more and less facing east. If you choose for an apartment on the west side you probable have more sea view but there will be a crowded road and the sun will be most of the time in your eyes, specially when the sun is going low. Further there is not much out there and the view will not be that great. You should be on the other side, my believe, but to get an apartment straight on the beach is pricy. The only building who provide this is Marmar.

Yakout could probable provide you sea view from the fourth floor like 409 or 408, East facing or 416 and 401 West facing. Even from 412 and 414 you might could see the sea. These are studios with a balcony, flat area 505.9 sqft and 32.3 sqft balcony. The same sudios can be found on the first floor.

In Amwaj I would go for the sixth floor, 605 or 604 East facing or 612 or 613 West facing. 608 and 609 could also be an option. The same AB type apartments are available on the third and second floor.

If I would know how to upload a picture here I could do that but didn't find the button for that yet
Old April 5th, 2008, 06:21 PM   #34
soennecken
We will not be the last

To upload a picture you first need to host it at another site such as photobucket. Then you can copy the URL and paste it here and the picture will appear.
Soen
soennecken no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2008, 04:19 AM   #35
dubaiote

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy123 View Post
I believe you should make a decision on which side of the trunk you want to be. My apartment is more and less facing east. If you choose for an apartment on the west side you probable have more sea view but there will be a crowded road and the sun will be most of the time in your eyes, specially when the sun is going low. Further there is not much out there and the view will not be that great. You should be on the other side, my believe, but to get an apartment straight on the beach is pricy. The only building who provide this is Marmar.

Yakout could probable provide you sea view from the fourth floor like 409 or 408, East facing or 416 and 401 West facing. Even from 412 and 414 you might could see the sea. These are studios with a balcony, flat area 505.9 sqft and 32.3 sqft balcony. The same sudios can be found on the first floor.

In Amwaj I would go for the sixth floor, 605 or 604 East facing or 612 or 613 West facing. 608 and 609 could also be an option. The same AB type apartments are available on the third and second floor.

If I would know how to upload a picture here I could do that but didn't find the button for that yet
Thanks eddy! Good point re. the sea view comment. I will keep that in mind, I hope they still have availability or else, Ill look into the second market.

Hope we can see good capital appreciation with this project. It seems that the Northern Emirates are not seeing the same type of real estate frenzy experienced in Dubai and recently in Abu Dhabi. Some people compared the Marjan project to Palm... I feel its hard to believe.

Also, what do people think about rakeen generally? I am not too familiar with their projects and reputation.. personally the fact that it is government backed makes me more comfortable.
Old April 6th, 2008, 02:24 PM   #36
VISTANA23

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy123 View Post

Eddy 123
You say Marmar is only building wth beach access is Marmar. What about Fayrouz that seems to have beach access ?
Thanks
Old April 6th, 2008, 02:29 PM   #37
VISTANA23

What is the range of prices per sq foot of prime sea facing and non sea facing units ?

Is Bab al Bahr a better devlopment than La hoya Bay ?
Old April 6th, 2008, 04:39 PM   #38
eddy123

beach access

Quote:
You say Marmar is only building wth beach access is Marmar. What about Fayrouz that seems to have beach access ?
No, they all have beach access but Marmar is very close to the beach. They still have apartments available but they are above my budget.

Ed
Old April 6th, 2008, 04:57 PM   #39
eddy123

prices per sqft

Quote:
What is the range of prices per sq foot of prime sea facing and non sea facing units ?
For example at Amwaj the prices for an 1 bedroom apt range from 789K (895 sqft) upto 1,126K (1,442 sqft)

The list is long as the price change per floor and location.

If I'm allowed, by this board to upload, than I can share this. I do like to mention that recently the prices were increased with about 10%.
Old April 6th, 2008, 05:02 PM   #40
eddy123

prices per sqft

I believe it is a better project than LHB as LHB don't have beaches and that is what people want. LHB would be more actractive for older people who just want to enjoy the view. Families however want to spend time at the beach.

Last edited by eddy123; April 6th, 2008 at 05:06 PM. Reason: double posting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement