SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Tombola New Headquarters Building | Sunderland | 3fl | Completed

35K views 162 replies 23 participants last post by  Ken O'Heed 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
In Sunderland Planning portal tonight! The clearing of 50 trees in low street next to the River in Sunderland to prepare a development site!

Maybe something being planned ahead of tall ships?

#5 ·
Just seen on the planning portal that Tombola have a planning application in for its new HQ down on low street near panns bank and scotia quay.

Looks quite canny. Will be a nice improvement to the quayside. Just a shame we dont see anything progressing on the other side of the river between bonners raft and the uni.

#6 ·
Just seen on the planning portal that Tombola have a planning application in for its new HQ down on low street near panns bank and scotia quay.

Looks quite canny. Will be a nice improvement to the quayside. Just a shame we dont see anything progressing on the other side of the river between bonners raft and the uni.
Just looked up plans, looks great!
http://www.ryderarchitecture.com/projects/tombola-campus.htm
Where is their current HQ building located?

#9 ·
Looks great! They certainly seem to be wanting to start ASAP with a expected completion of May 2017 :) great news :cheers:

Here's the app for anyone interested:

16/00789/FUL | Erection of office HQ building for Tombola Ltd with associated works including landscaping. | Land At Scotia Quay/North Of Low Street Sunderland
Track
Reference 16/00789/FUL
Alternative Reference PP-05111404
Application Received Fri 06 May 2016
Application Validated Wed 18 May 2016
Address Land At Scotia Quay/North Of Low Street Sunderland
Proposal Erection of office HQ building for Tombola Ltd with associated works including landscaping.
Status Current
Appeal Status Unknown
Appeal Decision Not Available
There are 0 cases associated with this application.

There is 1 property associated with this application.

http://www.sunderland.gov.uk/online...ils.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=O6RIAHBBFT300

#13 ·
I like the look of this Development,---the images look great,--look forward to seeing this progress,--btw,--thanks for the link,--cheers.
Hopefully once it's approved a thread will be created for it, seems to be a quick mover so there should be lots of opportunities in the short term for developments. In some ways it's a shame tombola didn't want to relocate to the Vaux, I guess for parking and access compared to Scotia Quay it my be a step backwards though.

#14 ·
Issue with the that in the location is that the quayside exchange views would be affected, with the proposed building height you don't loose the best views of the building.
No, I totally agree with that. I meant, can't help think with what we're trying to achieve in the centre with professionals provided more footfall, that town would be better for it. Then, a higher thing would have been even better - but I realise that's being ungrateful almost :lol:

#15 ·
No, I totally agree with that. I meant, can't help think with what we're trying to achieve in the centre with professionals provided more footfall, that town would be better for it. Then, a higher thing would have been even better - but I realise that's being ungrateful almost :lol:
Completely agree, the converted warehouse look to the building brings it to reflect its surroundings well, I hope this is the first of many riverside developments to come!

#16 ·
Jobs joy as North East gaming giant tombola reveals plans for £5m new headquarters, Wylam Wharf, Sunderland

On Chronicle Live website on 04/07/16

EXTRACT

Newcastle's Ryder Architecture has designed the building which tombola want to be the best office campus around

How Tombola's new HQ, designed by Ryder Architecture, will look

Gaming giant tombola has announced plans to build a new £5m headquarters in the North East with the potential to create a significant number of new jobs.

The firm – Europe’s biggest online bingo company – is currently working with Newcastle architecture practice Ryder on proposals to build a new company HQ next to its current base at Wylam Wharf.

tombola, which creates and develops original bingo software and online games, has ambitious plans to create the best office campus in the region – and while job numbers have yet to be finalised, there is scope to add a significant number to the firm’s 300-plus workforce.

A planning application has already been submitted to Sunderland City Council and, if given the go-ahead, the building could be completed by September or October next year.

“We want to create the best working environment for our team and hope to build the best office campus in the region,” explained tombola chief executive Phil Cronin.

AND

“The design incorporates a transparent east façade which reinforces the building’s connection with the riverside and adjacent Rose Line building, and a ground floor dedicated to social and support accommodation including a bistro, gym and a large central atrium.”

Full article on http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/business/business-news/jobs-joy-north-east-gaming-11565177

KEN

#17 ·
I'm responsible for the Salvus House building and I won a competition for the Tombola building a few years back before they decided not to relocate. Strangley Tombola and Sunderland Marine are related to the same site as they both looked at the site on Scotia Quay and Sunderland Marine nearly relocated to the building that Tombola currently occupies. And Ronnie (the Ryder Architect) once worked with me.

Small world. :lol:

#18 ·
Erection of office HQ building for Tombola Ltd At Scotia Quay/North Of Low Street Sunderland - Planning Application

Follow up on post #3290 above

On Sunderland Planning Portal, these extracts:-

16/00789/FUL

Erection of office HQ building for Tombola Ltd with associated works including landscaping.

Land At Scotia Quay/North Of Low Street Sunderland

Application Received - Fri 06 May 2016

Application Validated - Wed 18 May 2016

Status - Current

http://www.sunderland.gov.uk/online...ils.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=O6RIAHBBFT300

KEN

#19 ·
Follow up on post #3290 above

On Sunderland Planning Portal, these extracts:-

16/00789/FUL

Erection of office HQ building for Tombola Ltd with associated works including landscaping.

Land At Scotia Quay/North Of Low Street Sunderland

Application Received - Fri 06 May 2016

Application Validated - Wed 18 May 2016

Status - Current

KEN
Hi Ken, looking like a great future development. The link for the planning app plus images of the proposed elevations are posted on previous pages on this thread. :)

#23 ·

Tombolas proposals are approved :cheers:

Hopefully a quick start will ensure completion for the tall ships arrival :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.