SkyscraperCity Forum banner

ADMIN THREAD - Talk to your Skyscraper City Moderators here

44K views 137 replies 15 participants last post by  Newcastle Historian 
#1 ·
Why is it that we have so many subforums here?
It seems to be that there' nowhere near enough activity to warrant splitting everything so much. With Sunderland and Newcastle especially...there's just so much overlap and most things in one are relevant to the other. Surely there should be a united forum?

#91 ·
Well people, it's 22nd December, we're getting pretty close to the big day, so I thought it was time that I wished everyone on this forum a . . .

Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for 2017.

This "Communal Area" of our North East England Sub-forum (where we all come together from the four City-led Forums) has really made great strides this last year.

We now have many members visiting here regularly and making large numbers of quality posts, with Cumbria in particular now being VERY well represented on here.

So, have a great Christmas everyone, and I look forward to sharing the forum with you all again next year.

All the very best
NH

:cheers:

#93 ·
The "Like Button" has been removed . . .

Some of you will have noticed that the "Like Button" in the bottom right-hand corner of posts made here on the forum, has disappeared.

It has been gone for a few days, and I held off posting the reason for this in the hope that it might soon be restored.

However, as I am now getting questions (by 'PM') about it, here is the latest situation as notified to me by our SSC "IT" people . . .

DaiT said:
SkyscraperCity has just been upgraded to vbulletin 3.8.11. Ater the upgrade, clicking on the "like button" didn't do anything. So, I've disabled it until I can figure out what the problem is. I'm thinking it's just old software having problems running on more modern versions of things (PHP 7.1, for example).

Yes, vB 3 is still receiving security upgrades. However, we definitely have a path foward, and want to migrate to Xenforo sometime in the near future.
Hopefully, I will be able to report its return shortly, as I know many of us find this facility useful.

NH.

#95 ·
Here in September 2017 our Forum reached the posts total of "A Quarter of a Million Posts".

A significant milestone for our SSC Sub-forum, The North East England Forum.

I missed the actual '250,000 day', but today (25th September 2017) here is the total . . .

This is an excellent achievement, considering how relatively late in the game we were set up as a forum on Skyscrapercity, compared to the other major UK locations. Skyscrapercity was set up in 2001, and many of the sub-forums were set up in the years immediately following that. We were not set up until 14th October 2009 so we had a considerable posts-deficit in 2009, compared to most of the other UK sub-forums.

Currently, there are now only four UK Sub-forums with larger post totals:

Manchester Forum 471,00,
Birmingham Forum 398,000,
London Forum 375,000, and
Liverpool Forum 371,000.

You can see all of these totals (and others) by clicking on the "Projects and Construction link", at the top of this page. Here is an extract, showing the details for our Sub-forum made up of the FIVE 'individual forums' within it . . .

Statistics such as these (‘post numbers’) are not the be-all-and-end-all (I know) it is really the quality of the posts that is the most important, and THAT we certainly do also have. However, just for today, it is 'post numbers' that this latest of our forum milestones is all about.

Well done all of us . . .

#96 ·
14th October 2017 is our 8th Anniversary as a SKYSCRAPERCITY SUB-FORUM . . .

(14th October 2009. to .14th October 2017)

HAPPY EIGHTH ANNIVERSARY TO THE "NORTH EAST ENGLAND SUB-FORUM OF SKYSCRAPER CITY" AND TO ALL MEMBERS OF OUR FORUM - ALL THOSE WHO WERE WITH US IN 2009 AND ALL THE MANY WHO HAVE JOINED US SINCE THEN

Looking back to eight years ago, it was on 14th October 2009 that I remember Chris opening our brand new and 'hard fought for' forum, with . . .

14th October 2009.

This is just to say Welcome, and Thankyou. To all of us who have worked hard for this, those who have supported those who have worked hard for this, thankyou, and to those who will transfer here from the Newcastle/Gateshead, Sunderland, Teesside and Hull single-threads, welcome. And of course to those who will be new in the future, we also welcome you.

So now we arrive at 14th October 2017 and our 8th Anniversary as an independent forum.

The quantity and sheer quality of many of the contributions made by the membership of this forum often astounds me. As I have said many times (and nothing has changed) so often I open the forum in the morning and just 'sit back' and take it all in. The knowledge that is shared, the photos of new projects that have been taken and posted, the questions asked and answered. The whole thing is just a pleasure to be part of and I can only see this place continuing as it is or even getting better in the future.

On this auspicious occasion of our 8th Anniversary, the Moderating Team of myself and newcastlepubs would like to take the opportunity to wish the VERY best to all of our Forum Members throughout the five internal forums as well as to those of us who regularly post on the (now) very successful "Communal Area", which is located immediately below the links to the five internal forums. It is you, the members, who on a daily basis make the entire North East England Sub-forum a very special place indeed.

A special mention should also be made about our Cumbria members, who have found a home here on the North East England Sub-forum, in increasing numbers of late. The Cumbria posts have really enlivened the Communal Area of our Sub-forum.

SO FINALLY . . .

Here’s to the NEXT eight years, and to the eight after that, and ever onward !!!

NH.

#97 ·
SkyscraperCity STATISTICS . . .

Just thought I would pass on some overall 'worldwide' SkyscraperCity statistics.

As a Website, we are doing fantastically well, we have just passed the 1 million members total, as well as we also just passed 1 million threads and over 100 million posts.

These stats are shown below, along with the 'currently active users' stats (when this information was taken) and the most users ever online stats.

#98 ·
Very Merry Christmas for 2017 and a Very Happy New Year for 2018.

Well, it's 22nd December, not long till the big day, so I thought it was time that I wished everyone on this forum a Merry Christmas. Definitely, 2017 has been another great year for us here on the SkyscraperCity North East England Sub-Forum. Every year we get so many great posts and unique photos (not seen anywhere else) from so many members, but this last year has been the best yet, in my opinion. Many more new members, and lots and lots of great stuff from our long-standing members. Just great!

So, everyone and your friends and families have a great Christmas and I look forward to sharing the forum with you again next year.

Time for a bit of 'kip' now, I think . . .

Cheers,
NH

#100 ·
NEWS - Major changes to SSC and explanation of the recent 'Gremlins' in the system.

Here are copies of two recent posts issued by the previous and new Administrators of SkyscraperCity . . .

Jan said:
I'd like to announce that SkyscraperCity is moving to VerticalScope, a professional Toronto based web-publishing company which owns and fosters many popular forums.

Managing a large webforum means you have to be available 24/7/365. Having done this for over 15 years, it'll be a relief that the back end part of the job will be out of my hands and in the capable hands of others. For me personally, it's just time. The online world is a fast changing landscape which I find increasingly difficult to keep up with. For the future of the forums it is good that it is backed by the experience which is needed to operate a webforum in this day and age, and that it will continue to operate without being dependant on one person.

Other than the behind the scenes work, very little else will change. VerticalScope is one of the few that will purchase a website and let the original community continue to flourish and live with minimal change. I will still be around as ever, while VerticalScope will manage the back end side of it.

As you may have noticed, the site has been transferred to a much needed new hosting environment, which means we are good to go for years to come. As you can imagine move a site of this size is a large undertaking, we’re working on ironing out the bugs that we’re still having, but know that we’re on it.

Many thanks,
Jan

admin said:
Hello everyone,

My name is Kyle, I am a community manager for VerticalScope, I work with a small team that will continue to manage the webmaster duties on SkyScraperCity.com.

We are here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current Mods/Admins easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them in response.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will continue to be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with the mod/admin team to help provide the resources and required work to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members, and to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, YOU as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while your mod/admin team keep the walls and the roof up in this place; we are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You all have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this. For us it’s paramount to maintain this level of integrity and enthusiasm.

What am I here for?

Our primary role is to be the technical contact; you all contributed to building the strong foundation the site was built on. Moving forward we will all work together to keep the momentum and the community growing. We will be on the forum checking in regularly to make sure regular maintenance is taken care of and keeping things running smoothly from behind the scenes.

Membership's first port of call for queries remains (as ever) your Forum Moderator.

Thanks,

Kyle

#101 ·
MODIFICATIONS TO SOME OF THE PRE-EXISTING COPYRIGHT GUIDELINES ON THIS FORUM.

A few weeks ago two of our North East England Forum Threads were temporarily removed from our Forum and put into a ‘Quarantine Area’ (as SSC call it) as their IT warning systems had identified that there were possible breaches of Copyright within some of the posts on those two threads.

The threads were subsequently returned to us, full and intact, and no breaches of copyright were found on them. It had been a false alarm, but one that SSC had to thoroughly investigate, which they did.

While the threads were away, I took the opportunity to discuss with SSC Management (as I have done on numerous occasions previously) the best-practice guidelines for conforming with copyright requirements, within posts on the North East England Sub-forum.

As a result, there are some newly agreed guidelines that are published below, for all members to read and adhere to. Most of the below list is the same as we have always done, while some of them are a ‘strengthening’ of what we have always done, and one on the list is actually a ‘new’ guideline, that SSC Management have now decided is important.

GUIDELINES FOR QUOTED NEWS AND INFORMATION ONTO SSC, FROM NEWSPAPER AND MAGAZINE ARTICLES.

1 - We have always only allowed the copy and pasting of ‘extracts’ from the above sourced articles in Forum Posts, and have always insisted that the post contains a ‘clear link’ back to the Source Document for full reading of the article. It has now been additionally specified that the copy and pasted text should only contain approximately 70 words.

2 - To fully clarify this, from now on these posts may contain (but not exceed)

• The pasted ‘Title’ of the article.
• A pasted maximum of approximately 70 words from the article narrative. This should be enough to ensure clarity of message and for that reason it can be a summary/precis of the opening part of the article rather than just a copy of (say) the first paragraph.
• It is still considered useful to have a copy and pasted element of posts in this way, as if ‘just a link’ is posted, the link can eventually be lost/changed, thus rendering the SSC post meaningless, in the future.
• There must also always be a clear ‘link back’ directly to the source newspaper or magazine article.

3 – In the past, as part of the ‘copy and pasted’ article content in SSC posts, on many occasions we have included an ‘image/photo’ from the source article. I personally saw this as beneficial (“a picture tells a thousand words”) as it helped re-create the article being quoted, and encouraged interest in the content provided. It also often encouraged people to go on to ‘click the link’ back to the original source publication, to everyone’s benefit.

Forthwith, this is no longer allowed. Images from these articles are NOT to be copied and pasted into posts here on SSC. This is the ‘new’ aspect of these guidelines that I mentioned earlier.

4 – Please also note that the above points 1 to 3 also apply when you “quote” (in a new post you are making) a previous members post that contains an extract from a newspaper or magazine article that (if made prior to today) may not have fully complied with these guidelines. You can still use a quote of that earlier post, but please remember to remove any images and trim the narrative down (if needed) to the required sizes outlined above.

5 – Here is a link to an example of a quote of an extract from a newspaper article, that illustrates a suggested format that complies with all SSC copyright (fair use) requirements. I submitted this actual example to SSC Management, who confirmed that it fully met fair use requirements. See link below . . .

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=144667070&postcount=526

QUOTED NEWS AND INFORMATION ONTO SSC, DIRECTLY FROM ‘PRESS RELEASES’ BY ORGANISATIONS.

1 – The previously explained guidelines (for newspaper and magazine articles) are intended to maintain ‘fair use’ of such information on SSC, as this type content (information/news) is seen as originally being created by the content-owner to attract readers and to also make money through related advertising. Hence, that content is commercial and should be quoted as stipulated in the guidelines.

2 - However we can get a lot of similar information direct from ‘Press Releases’, and they are not the same as published media, as they were created with the specific intention of informing people about a subject as widely as possible, and re-posting them here on SSC only helps to further spread this news.

3 - Consequently, the above guidelines do not apply to such releases, though it should be noted that 'links back' should always be provided to any Press Release quoted. Also, it should be noted that I am only referring to 'directly obtained and quoted' releases, NOT to any that you may wish to quote from any already-published newspaper article. In the latter situation the previously stipulated newspaper and magazine guidelines fully apply.

4 - A recent example of the use in an SSC post, of a directly quoted Press Release, can be seen below . . .

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=145092059&postcount=3092

FINALLY.

If you have any questions about any of the above, please contact your Forum Moderators, either on your Admin Thread in the normal way, or by PM.

#102 ·
Missing Forum Features

Some of you may have noticed that a whole list of things that we normally have (including PMs, User Profiles, etc, etc) are missing from the Forum at present.

These have all been reported and the SSC (new) Admin Team are dealing with them.

We are not sure when this will be though.

#104 ·
Nine years later . . .

It is perhaps difficult to remember that only nine years ago to this very day, we were celebrating the opening of our new SkyscraperCity (SSC) “North East England Sub-Forum". Some of our newer members may not even be aware of this event at all, as to them, we have always been here like this.

It was on 14th October 2009 that those of us who were members back then saw the realisation of a lot of hard work, over a long period of time by local members of SkyscraperCity from all around our region, to achieve our own forum. Previously we had been restricted largely to “one single thread” in the Projects & Construction area of SSC, for each of the local North East regions around Newcastle, Hull, Sunderland and Middlesbrough.

These ‘single threads’ had proved very difficult to discuss anything in depth on, as no sooner had a discussion started on a topic or project, then someone started to discuss something else. One thread was proving ‘impossible’ as the number of members continued to increase.

Initially, SSC felt that (despite the increased numbers participating) there were still nowhere near enough members (or perceived ‘construction activities’) for North East England to merit is own forum. A Business Case was made to them explaining that there was a lot of urban activity in this area and that if we had a forum with independent subject-based threads, the number of members would be likely to increase very rapidly indeed.

They finally agreed, and on 14th October 2009 we opened.

New individual subject and project threads were started, by pulling out many pre-existing posts from the confusing discussions on the ‘single threads’, and our membership absolutely boomed !!

Have a quick look now at the ‘Projects & Construction’ area of SSC (where the Regional Forums are based) and you will see just how successful we have been. This is not just numerically speaking either (threads and post numbers) as SSC Management have acknowledged to me in the past that we on this forum have absolutely “led the way” in the SSC world, by our innovative use of our forum as a kind of ‘social urban venue’ (many threads dedicated to different aspects of urban life) rather than just the basic ‘urban construction projects’ that SSC covered previously, though we have a lot of those too as our respective Development Summary Threads reveal.

We have, in these nine years, passed many and varying milestones on this sub-forum, and you can see details of many of them, by clicking this link and scrolling down the page until you reach the section on “SkyscraperCity – Key Milestones and Statistics” . . . https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=89405441&postcount=57

So, all in all, our first nine years have been an ever increasing, success, and it now seems light years ago since Chris (bigchrisfgb) posted . . .

14th October 2009.
This is just to say Welcome, and Thank You, to all of who have worked so hard for this, to those who have supported those who have worked so hard for this, also Thank You, so to all those who will transfer here from the Newcastle, Sunderland, Teeside and Hull individual threads, we welcome you. And of course to those who will be new on here in the future, we will also welcome you.
As Chris foretold, it is you, the members, who have made this forum the continued success that it is, so thanks go to everyone for their quality contributions.

Our 9th Anniversary (today) is an important occasion, but next year will be our 10th Anniversary . . . so perhaps we could start thinking about what we can do (as a forum) to mark that particular ten year milestone? I would love to hear members thoughts and ideas about this. It is probably never too early to start thinking about it, as I’m sure that the next twelve months will go past in a flash!!

Regards,
NH ( on behalf of your Moderating Team)
14th October 2018.

#108 ·
I am not aware (centrally) of any reported problems with the App.

I will now copy your 'issue' (in these posts) into the Admin Thread on the Newcastle Forum itself, where more members will read it. I know that some members on the Newcastle Forum, while they normally access SkyscraperCity by other means, sometimes use the App.

Either access the Newcastle Forum via other means, to see if there are any similar problems reported or any solutions presented there, on the Newcastle Admin Thread. If you cannot do that, let me know here, and I will report any results back to you on this thread.

#110 ·
Merry Christmas 2018 and a Happy New Year for 2019, to all members of our Forum !!

Not long till the big day now, so I thought it was time that I wished everyone on this forum a Merry Christmas.

This has been yet another enjoyable year for us here on the SkyscraperCity North East England Sub-Forum. As I said last year, we just keep on getting so many great posts and unique photos (not seen anywhere else) from so many members, and this year has been no different.

I always look forward to logging in to the forum, and I am never disappointed with what I get to see and read, so here's to "more of the same" next year.

To all our members, and your friends and families, I hope you have a great Christmas and I look forward to sharing the forum with you all again next year.

This image sort of 'reminds me' of Christmas in times gone by . . .

Cheers,
NH
Forum Moderator

#111 · (Edited)
Our 10th Anniversary (2009-2019).

Hi All,

On the 14th October this year (only two months away) our Forum celebrates its 10th Anniversary.

We discuss our anniversary every year on 14th October, but this year is something special, I think . . .

Members have already contacted me about this, suggesting a possible "meet-up" somewhere, or perhaps a "SkyscraperCity Banner".

The Banner seems a good idea, we did this for our 5th Anniversary, after the 'Hull and Humber' Sub-Forum came up with the idea originally. We certainly could do this again.

What do you think?

Any photographers with suitable photos for a Banner?

Any other ideas?

The next two months will pass by very quickly, so we need to get our thoughts together soon.

Also, any 'Banner' (if we do that) needs to be submitted centrally to SSC management as soon as possible, if we are to book our preferred date. Please also see the below note from Jan about Banners and Banner Sizes, etc . . .

Jan said:
Okay, if you have an idea for a banner, please post 'm here. Read the following first:

requirements

- in general, the goal is not to have your city up there at all costs, we only want quality images related to the topics of discussion,
- check the banner archives first to see how many times your city or country has been up there. Be reasonable about this. Don't expect your place to be up there every other month,
- banner must be 719 pixels wide and 123 pixels height, dpi of 72,
- no text marking, flag waving, logo's or anything else other than the image itself,
- feel free to be creative, but please no banners made of multiple images pasted next to each other,
- if the banner is tied to a specific date, please post it at least one week in advance. Reserving dates is not possible, as I don't use a calender to keep track of these.

required info
- name of the source of the image
- link to the source
- info on what we are seeing.

Sorry to be a piss about rules, but please comply to these. Okay now send us up great banners. Thanks! :)

#112 ·
Our 10th Anniversary - 14th October 2019

Thankyou all for your various ideas and submissions as to how to mark our 10th Anniversary as a SkyscraperCity Forum.

It seems like a "Banner" is our preferred choice for this.

The actual date of our 10th Anniversary is 14th October, and I have received the following assurance from SkyscraperCity Management, in the form of Jan . . .

Jan said:
Hi NH,

As far as I am concerned, 14th October 2019 belongs to you guys, so feel free to stick up any image you want! :)

Cheers,
- Jan
Now, there have been a number of excellent suggestions for the Banner, but the one that seems to be the best, was suggested by Denm, of the Sunderland and Durham Sub-forum. Take a bow Mr Denm, your idea of a 'montage' of our four sub-forums magnificent bridges is the one that Jan has approved, as shown above.

This is quite a BIG thing for SSC to approve, as they have previously firmly held the view that they did NOT want the Banner to be a montage of images.

So, this is our opportunity to break new ground, and so we need to get it right. The basic banner rules about copyright remain in place, except (for us) this is x4, as it will be for all four images.

Now, I need the help of the best photographers on our four forums to come up with your own best images of our bridges (if the photos are your own, that avoids copyright problems) and then to somehow combine the 4 'quite small' images into a high quality montage, that also conforms to the 'size requirements' for the overall banner, as outlined by Jan in my post just above here.

The bridges that have been proposed from each of our four sub-forums, are . . .

Hull and Humber Forum - The Humber Bridge
Sunderland and Durham Forum - Northern Spire Bridge
Newcastle Metro Area Forum - Tyne Bridge
Teesside Forum - Transporter Bridge

ALL of them fantastic bridges, in great settings.

OK, so this is where I need help from you photographers, on each sub-forum.

Can interested members please get back to me on this, by PM if preferred, to discuss things?

Many Thanks,
NH.

#113 ·
Our 10th Anniversary as a Skyscraper City Forum - 14th October 2019.

Thankyou everyone who submitted or suggested photos to use for a suggested "Banner" to celebrate and commemorate the above anniversary.

The Iconic Bridges of North East England Banner, has now been approved by SSC, and will be in place on our 10th anniversary date of 14th October.

Here is a preview of the Banner, reduced to the required image size to fit at the top of the SSC page.

This montage banner (which SSC do not normally use) represents all of the North East England Forum's 4 Sub-forums, via our fantastic bridges.

The Banner, going from left to right in a south to north order, contains . . .

Hull and Humber Forum - The Humber Bridge.
Teesside Forum - The Transporter Bridge.
Sunderland and Durham Forum - The Northern Spire Bridge.
Newcastle Metro Area Forum - The Millennium Bridge and The Tyne Bridge.

Once again, thanks to all who contributed.

NH.

#114 ·
What is all the fuss about?

I can understand that some members of this forum might wonder why all the "fuss" about our 10th Anniversary.

After all, to many, it has ALWAYS been this way. The forum has always been here, just like it is now!

BUT, to those of us who used to have to exist in the 'Projects & Construction' area of SkyscraperCity, with just "one single thread" to cover EVERYTHING, then the arrival of our own forum on 14th October 2009 will always be something special, very special.

Without repeating too much detail of the very long campaign that it took to get us our own forum, here in this post, I will just refer people to the five threads that are now nestled away at the very bottom of our 'Communal Area', the area beneath the links to the four City-led Sub Forums of our North East England Forum . . .

Need for North East England's own sub-forum?
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=638039
Welcome to the North East England sub-forum
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=980724
Petition for Newcastle & Gateshead sub-forum
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=824346
What Conditions are required to set up a sub-forum
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1701317
Why not a North East England sub-forum?
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=704524
Have a look, they all help tell the story as to why our 10th Anniversary is an important occasion to celebrate.

#116 ·
Site Migration Coming Soon

Hi All,

Your Moderators (myself and newcastlepubs) feel it would be useful to draw your attention to the below, which has already been posted as an "Announcement" (above the Forum) by Jan . . .

Dear Forum Members,

Tuesday March 17th 2020

Over the past year or two, there have been updates to the environment that have introduced challenges in usability and performance. Efforts to improve the technology, user interface, and site performance has revealed weaknesses in the platform and outdated software this site uses. This has made it increasingly difficult and frustrating to support and upgrade to more modern reliable standards that users deserve. Our advertising experience and certain ad partners have further degraded the functionality of the site. This is not the experience we want for the members of this community.

Members want a fast site that performs well across all devices, to be able to find relevant and interesting content, and easily share through text, images, video and messaging on a secure platform. Our goal is to provide this ultimate user experience to all members.

We will be implementing a new platform to better meet the needs of this community and allow us to provide support more efficiently. Our focus is to create a sustainable platform that performs well, and loads faster on all devices, while offering seamless ways to search and connect. Technology is constantly innovating - by creating an environment that we control we can maintain the site with more frequent improvements and maintenance updates.

Although change can be difficult, we are here to support you through the process. We make every effort to review existing settings and make the changes needed so the migration goes smoothly. If you notice something doesn’t seem correct once the site goes live, don’t panic! We’ll have a dedicated person monitoring as the site goes live to answer any questions and provide support through this change.

What’s next?

I bet you’re thinking, “What does this mean for me and the forum?” It does mean change, but it will help solve a large majority of the issues that this site may have been experiencing. We have reviewed reported issues, site statistics, traffic data, and user feedback to help us prioritize the changes and improvements. Uploading an image or video will be easier and streamlined. Ad formatting will change with a new site layout. The site will be more responsive - there is no need to use a mobile skin or special app! Security and user privacy will continue to be a top priority.

When will this be happening?

Soon! We recognize the user experience is slow and there are bugs from the outdated software. The sooner we can change that the better we can make the experience for you. You’ll start to see activity related to cleanup in preparation for migration very shortly. We will post an announcement to the community prior to starting the actual data migration. Once the migration begins, the site will go into maintenance mode and will be read-only while data is being migrated.

Due to the size of the site, the read-only status could be as long as 2 ½ days, as long as no unexpected complications arise.

We appreciate each member’s contribution to this community and look forward to an improved experience for you all.

SkyscraperCity vsadmin

#117 ·
NEW SkyscraperCity site GOING LIVE NOW

PLEASE NOTE THIS EVERYONE . . .

vsadmin said:
Saturday 21st March 2020 10.30 pm - Your new SkyscraperCity site will be going live soon!

We are almost at the starting line and are really excited for you to experience the new community platform.

When the migration starts shortly, the site will be put into maintenance read-only mode while the migration is underway until completion. We will post when the process is complete and the site is live. We look forward to your feedback and first impressions in the “We are Live - Community Feedback” post.

During the test migration of this site that took place in our development environment, we know this migration will be lengthy due to the large amount of data to be migrated. We may see the site in read-only mode for as long as 2 ½ days, as long as no unexpected complications arise.

I will be here to answer your questions and help you every step of the way.

You can contact me via your MODERATORS :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.