SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Should Newcastle&Gateshead have it's own sub-forum?

• Yes

Votes: 60 67.4%
  • No

Votes: 29 32.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Petition for Newcastle & Gateshead sub-forum

43K views 188 replies 39 participants last post by  johnnypd 
#1 ·
This is for a petition for a Newcastle&Gateshead sub-forum, instead of the thread that it has.

The sub-forum would have Newcastle&Gateshead developement thread, Tyne tunnel thread, Tyne and Wear Metro thread and other threads within it.

Newcastle is a "core" city within the UK, it also has a similar population to Liverpool which has it's own sub-forum.

Their are many developements goig on in Newcastle&Gateshead, aswell as the Tyneside area.
Some of these have been on hold (untill the credit crunch ends), some are being developed as we speak, and others are at the planning stages.

So calling all mods, please give us our own sub-forum.

#159 ·
1 Greater London Urban Area 8,278,251
2 West Midlands Urban Area 2,284,093
3 Greater Manchester Urban Area 2,240,230
4 West Yorkshire Urban Area 1,499,465
5 Greater Glasgow 1,168,270
6 Tyneside 879,996
7 Liverpool Urban Area 816,216
8 Nottingham Urban Area 666,358
9 Sheffield Urban Area 640,720
10 Bristol Urban Area 551,066

Considering similarly populous Liverpool, and lesser Sheffield have forums.. I vote yes.

#160 ·
Misleading, Liverpool's doesn't include the Birkenhead Urban area (319,675), which starts less than 1 mile from Liverpool City Centre on the opposite side of the River Mersey. Nor does it include the well populated Liverpool suburbs such as Kirkby, Aintree, Maghull or Lydiate (another 100,000) which are only separated from the urban area by less than 1 mile of green belt.

#167 ·
Yeah, quite a lot of new NE members this last year, a lot of very well subscribed threads. I imagine it would be far busier than the Welsh forum which can often go a week or more without a single post. I reckon it would be very popular.

#170 ·
Some you mention a while a go Chris,

Newcastle United
Other sport in Newcastle
Leazers Park/Public spaces in Newcastle
Tyne and Wear Metro
Newcastle Airport
Retail in Newcastle
Local transport
East Pilgrim St
Science city
Arena and conference centre
Newcastle College
Gateshead College
Northumbria Uni
Newcastle Uni
Wallsend developement
Whitley Bay developement
North Shields developement
Hebburn developement
Felling developement
South Shields develpoement
Possible HSR/Maglev(In the future)
Northumbria Uni pool
Newcastle Skybar
Music in Newcastle
Clubs/bars/pubs in Newcastle

#174 ·
Whats happened to Woodhousen anyway?
I'm sure he is from this side of the tracks and a moderator to boot!
Chris, have you spoken to him, cos it wouldn't be a bad idea?

#175 ·
I have, and he has supported us, and has passed his support on Directly to Gothic (James).

He is a mod, but I do feel we would need another mod (as Woodhousen is busy modding other forums on SSC aswell), and I have also given Gothic (James) my personal recomendation to who I think it should be aswell. However I havde recieved no information or reply from Gothic (James) on any of the issue's so far.

#177 ·
Just sent Woodhousen a message with my thoughts on the subject, can't hurt!

I have to say a sub forum is the only way forward for this forum, going from one subject to another can be a bit tedious to say the least, no direction of discussions.
The reason I don't post that much, although I monitor every day, its that by the time I get round to it, we are on to the next subject!

You (Chris) and Historian have done most of the work, its now the mods who need to start moving this along, its perfectly justified now and would work more than we know or could imaging!

Food for the development MIND!!!

#180 ·
LATEST NEWS ON THE SUB-FORUM.

I have just received the below message . . .

"Good news we have a go ahead for a combined North East / Humberside forum. Not perfect for all but better than nothing..... I'll probably need some help once its in place so may need to call upon your knowledge once its in"

Not exactly what we were looking for, but it will be a lot better than the current situation. It shouldn't be too long before it is in place.

Anyway, a victory I would say - interested to know what you all think?

#181 ·
LATEST NEWS ON THE SUB-FORUM.

I have just received the below message . . .

"Good news we have a go ahead for a combined North East / Humberside forum. Not perfect for all but better than nothing..... I'll probably need some help once its in place so may need to call upon your knowledge once its in"

Not exactly what we were looking for, but it will be a lot better than the current situation. It shouldn't be too long before it is in place.

Anyway, a victory I would say - interested to know what you all think?
I assume the North East/Humberside will then be split up into a number of other sections where we can have a Tyneside section - if thats the case then its great news, far far better than the current situation which constantly stifles discussions/debates

#187 ·
I'm pleased for the Northeast. Newkie/Sunlan/Durham/Smogsville :wink2: should have been represented on here long ago.

I'm not sure that Hull should be lumped in with you lot though. Maybe Hull/Humberside/Lincs could warrant their own forum down the road a piece.

Me dad was from Co Durham so I may be just a tad biased!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.