SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Should Newcastle&Gateshead have it's own sub-forum?

• Yes

Votes: 60 67.4%
  • No

Votes: 29 32.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Petition for Newcastle & Gateshead sub-forum

43K views 188 replies 39 participants last post by  johnnypd 
#1 ·
This is for a petition for a Newcastle&Gateshead sub-forum, instead of the thread that it has.

The sub-forum would have Newcastle&Gateshead developement thread, Tyne tunnel thread, Tyne and Wear Metro thread and other threads within it.

Newcastle is a "core" city within the UK, it also has a similar population to Liverpool which has it's own sub-forum.

Their are many developements goig on in Newcastle&Gateshead, aswell as the Tyneside area.
Some of these have been on hold (untill the credit crunch ends), some are being developed as we speak, and others are at the planning stages.

So calling all mods, please give us our own sub-forum.

#2 ·
Been quite a few new NE based posters recently.

Around 5000 posts with a few of the NE threads combined, reckon it would soon overtake the Wales forum if created, the NE posters are fairly active.

Not entirely related but the Hull development thread has more posts than the entire Wales forum by quite a margin.

#4 ·
Been quite a few new NE based posters recently.

Not entirely related but the Hull development thread has more posts than the entire Wales forum by quite a margin.
Yeah, we came to the conclusion that after every amount of posts, a thread gets deleated, thats why it appears that they have more posts then other when infact some threads are on their 2nd generation.

#13 ·
I think Tyneside should have its own forum, not the North East. Many of you may have noticed that there have been issues in the past of geordies trolling mackem threads and vice versa... might get a bit tense!! As for all the people who claim 'there isnt much contruction happening' well all I can say is there were a lot of stationary cranes and half-finished sites in Leeds and Manchester last week, seems to me this is symptomatic of the recession, but things will no doubt pick up.

On the other side of the coin you could argue that Newcastle has probably the most exciting city centre developments outside of London in the pipeline (not long now, fingers crossed) with the East Pilgrim Street development, Science Central Stephenson Quarter and the £500m Metro Reinvigoration.... in the next 5-10 years the city will be hopefully be transformed.

#14 ·
I don't think just a single thread is good enough to be honest. The thread we do have has picked up recently and there is a lot of discussion compared to when I started viewing it in the Summer. The downside of having just a thread is that there are only a couple of posts on certain subjects and then it is killed off because something else gets discussed soon after. A sub forum would certainly help this, as pointed out Tyneside is the 6th biggest settlement in the country, and as also pointed out there is, or will be in the near future plenty going on.

I personally would be content with a Tyne-Wear/Durham sub forum, but I think giving Tyneside a sub forum is the way forward tbh.

#26 ·
Either way, whether it's a Newcastle forum, a Tyne and Wear forum or a North East Forum, I'm sure it'll be easy enough to organise it into general trends such as Science City, East Pilgrim Street, Stephenson Quarter, Ouseburn etc. But the area does deserve a sub folder for goodness' sake, we've got plenty of smaller places with one that to only have one main thread is a little silly to say the least.

I know it'll be a bit of a job for someone, but it needs to be done sooner or later and will undoubtedly bring people to the site, when they see how much news will be readily available (and properly organised, more importantly).

#42 ·
We are just asking for our own sub-forum, like Manchester, Liverpool, and Sheffield has.

Within it, we could have the Tyne and Wear Metro thread, Tyne tunnel thread, plus others, like retail, local transport, ones for surrounding towns, etc, most of these could be made by our forumers, I think only the Metro and Tunnel one would have to be moved.

Thanks for repying though.

Sorry if we seem pushy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.