SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Should Newcastle&Gateshead have it's own sub-forum?

• Yes

Votes: 60 67.4%
  • No

Votes: 29 32.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Petition for Newcastle & Gateshead sub-forum

43K views 188 replies 39 participants last post by  johnnypd 
#1 ·
This is for a petition for a Newcastle&Gateshead sub-forum, instead of the thread that it has.

The sub-forum would have Newcastle&Gateshead developement thread, Tyne tunnel thread, Tyne and Wear Metro thread and other threads within it.

Newcastle is a "core" city within the UK, it also has a similar population to Liverpool which has it's own sub-forum.

Their are many developements goig on in Newcastle&Gateshead, aswell as the Tyneside area.
Some of these have been on hold (untill the credit crunch ends), some are being developed as we speak, and others are at the planning stages.

So calling all mods, please give us our own sub-forum.

#53 ·
How about just better visibility/access to the development threads of the cities that don't have subforums? they tend to get submerged/hidden in the projects and construction subforum.

Just have ''Other UK cities'' or something...

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :cry:

#59 ·
ironically it's probably the worst time to create a new sub-forum because we'll see reduced construction for the next few years, but the newcastle thread is gaining more posters by the day and has a number of people involved in town planning, the council and industry insiders.

#62 ·
There's no time like the present though guys - if we can get a subforum, I'm pretty sure we'll see an increase in use. I visited the forum a few times before actually being shown the main Newcastle thread by a friend - there'll be countless numbers of people who will look once and then give up.

I have to agree, NewcastleGateshead would be my preferred choice.

Gutted you corrected yourself earlier on by the way Big Chris, was going to post you a photo of the airport, just to jog your memory...

#66 ·
Just make a "Newcastle and The North East" sub-forum. Don't pull Hull in it, that's madness.

Create another sub-forum containing all the over-looked city threads in "Projects and Construction" and label this "Other Cities" or words to that effect. Get rid of "Projects and Construction". It serves no purpose - everyone just clicks on "UK and Ireland Architecture Forums" anyway.

#67 ·
Newcastle-Gateshead is what I would call it, it would include Tyneside aswell.

Here is a list of threads it could contain.

Newcastle United
Other sport in Newcastle
Leazers Park/Public spaces in Newcastle
Tyne and Wear Metro
Newcastle Airport
Retail in Newcastle
Local transport
East Pilgrim St
Science city
Arena and conference centre
Newcastle College
Gateshead College
Northumbria Uni
Newcastle Uni
Wallsend developement
Whitley Bay developement
North Shields developement
Hebburn developement
Felling developement
South Shields develpoement
Possible HSR/Maglev(In the future)
Northumbria Uni pool
Newcastle Skybar
Music in Newcastle
Clubs/bars/pubs in Newcastle

Plus many more.

G
#75 ·
God idea, but please make it for the North East with sub-forums for Newcastle, Tyneside, Sunderland, Northumberland, Durham & Teeside.

Otherwise if it's just for Newcastle where do threads for projects in Northumberland, Middlesbrough, etc go?

#76 ·
Otherwise if it's just for Newcastle where do threads for projects in Northumberland, Middlesbrough, etc go?
Where are the projects for Northumberland and Middlesbrough, fair enough, Middlesbrough has one that I know of, Northumberland really has none, Tynesdie can really come under Newcastle (it's basically the suburbs), and the rest of the North East is the same as Boro and Northumberland.

#77 ·
Please can we (the people of Kingston-Upon-Hull) also have a sub-forum?

Everything is quite jumbled together in our thread. The area of East Yorkshire contains approx 900,000 people, so to have just the one thread is a bit daft don't you think?

As Newcastle have done, here is a list of threads an Hull/East Riding one could contain.

Hull City A.F.C.
Other sports in Hull (Hull FC/Hull KR/Hull Stingrays)
KC Stadium
Craven Park
Parks in Hull (West/East/Pearson)
Public Transport
Humberside Airport
Princes Quay
St.Stephens
Prospect Centre
Retail in Hull (city centre/Kingswood retail/Kingston retail/St.Andrew's Quay(The Junction)
Hull Paragon Interchange
Albion Sq
Victoria Sq
King Edward Street
Hull Arena
The port of Hull
the Humber Bridge
the Marina
Humber Quays/The World Trade Centre - Hull & Humber
the Fruit Market
The Deep/Museums in Hull
Hull College (Queens Gardens/Park Street)
Hull Uni
Hull bars/clubs/pubs
Hull music scene/bands coming to Hull
Trinity Quays
Quay West
M62/A63/Castle Street
Princes Avenue/Newland Avenue
Hull Food - places to eat
Hull Old Town (High Street/Lowgate/Scale Lane)
Whitefriargate/The Land of Green Ginger
Trinity Sq/Holy Trinity Church
The Boom
The river Hull
The Boom
Manor Mill
Hull history centre
New apartments/student accomodation
Beverley developments
Bridlington developments

Plus many more.

#81 ·
Patience gentleman I'm sure it will come at some point, but in the mean time we all need to think what we want in our sub-forum, start coming up with some ideas if you will.

Obviously we have some threads up and running that we don't need to worry about that can go straight in:

-Newcastle International Airport
-Tyne and Wear Metro Thread
-Second Tyne tunnel gets approval
-Tyne-Tees the first in UK for Maglev
-NEWCASTLE & GATESHEAD | Full Summary of Projects. maybe this should be split into two.
-Newcastle Gateshead Walkabout
-Newcastle projects
-Pilgrim Street NEWCASTLE Development thread

There is more but they have not been that active.

Any ideas then?

#85 ·
I don't think it's a good idea to have forums with no focus- ie regional forums. It doesn't provide for good structure in discussions. Yorkshire/Humber & NE is a huge area anyway- Yorkshire alone is larger than some regions. There are too many major cities in those regions, many of which have little in common. Leeds/Sheffield have far more to do with Manchester than Newcastle.

#90 ·
yes, have fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.