SkyscraperCity Forum banner

THE STARHILL KL | Kuala Lumpur ( Jalan Bukit Bintang ) | Shopping Mall

490K views 2K replies 118 participants last post by  W3raq 
#1 ·
Anyone knows about latest news of Starhill? I saw a very very huge poster surrounded the front of the mall and all the visitors have to use the JW Marriot in order to go in....Saw this from the huge poster: "David Rockwell gallery New York..for retail space pls call 02-XXXXXXXX"

choon

#1,716 ·
Starhill Gallery will be revamped

At Starhill Gallery, a revamped mall entrance, refreshed interiors and better accessibility will be part of the asset enhancement works, which will also seek to tap under-utilised space. In addition, the top three floors will be converted into around 160 hotel rooms as an extension of the JW Marriott Hotel Kuala Lumpur, which is owned by YTL Corp.

Adding the hotel extension should help boost footfall to the mall, highlighted a spokesman of YTL Starhill Global REIT Management, adding it is a win-win proposition since retail rents on the upper floors of malls typically tend to be lower.

The cost of the RM175 million in enhancement works - which could start by July 1 and will take about two years - will be borne by the Reit. Meanwhile, a rental rebate of RM26 million per year will be given to the master tenant during the asset enhancement period.
https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/companies-markets/starhill-global-reit-extends-kl-mall-leases-lifting-overhang

#1,718 ·
The new entrance for Starhill Gallery doesn't look good and look out of place with the facade. Hoping this design will not be a finalize.

And surely Louis Vuitton store will be make way for the new entrance so there are two possibilities here; either Louis vuitton will be shrinking ( I totally doubted since LV here doing so well and never empty) or it going to be a duplex.

#1,719 ·
Kuala Lumpur mall Starhill to be revamped
October 3, 2019 Michael Arnold

Kuala Lumpur mall Starhill Gallery is undergoing a transformation and will be fully revealed as The Starhill come 2021.

The mall, located in Kuala Lumpur’s Bukit Bintang shopping belt, will be repositioned as the “Home of the Tastemakers” following a new concept that infuses hospitality into the retail experience – where patrons will shop and stay in a refined home-like environment offering experiential retail in a warm, intimate boutique atmosphere.

https://insideretail.asia/2019/10/03/kuala-lumpur-mall-starhill-to-be-revamped/

#1,724 ·
It's broke my heart to know that Armani/Dolci closed their maiden shop in SEA.
(Seriously, as this is the place when I want treat myself to have some chocolate) :bash: :bash:
As well as Armani/Casa and Armani/Fiori. Starhill use to boast to have only the finest brand in Malaysia also in SEA Region.

ARMANI / CASA & LIGNE ROSET CLEARANCE SALE

https://www.theluxatelier.com/

Remember Niche Retailing by YTL. Now they only carry Kenzo under their belt. Am not sure about McQ by Alexander McQueen and M Missoni fate.
Will they be here ? Are they still here ?

The Lux Atelier kind a takeover ( i think its a subsidiary of Niche Retailing) all the past season's cloth and have sell at Multi brand Store in Starhill. Now they only sell it online.

ALL CLOSED
 Armani / Casa: Starhill Gallery, D6 Sentul,
 Armani / Dolci: Starhill Gallery,
 Armani / Fiori: Starhill Gallery,
 Ligne Roset: Starhill Gallery, D6 Sentul,
 Sergio Rossi: Starhill Gallery,

MOVE TO PAVILION/FAHRENHEIT
Van Cleef & Arpels
Omega
Sephora

NOT SURE
 M Missoni: Starhill Gallery,
 Alexander McQueen, McQ: Starhill Gallery,

and all other remarkable watches store. ?

p.s- I thought when we have Armani Beauty, we are one step closer to have all Armani brand here.

Giorgio Armani - Armani/KL Pavilion
Emporio Armani - Armani/KL Pavilion
Armani Exchange - Armani/KL Pavilion & others scattered in Malaysia
Armani/Casa - Starhill
Armani/Dolci - Starhill
Armani/Fiori - Starhill
Armani Beauty - Mid Valley, Suria KLCC

just left with Collezioni, Prive, Hotels, Cafe, Restaurant and Club.
Eh byk jugak. Tup2 boleh pulak die tutup all the lifestyle store here. :nuts:
But not to worry, I believe in the company of name Armani Hartajaya.
To a Armani Hotel with all the Armani brands in the future at belakang Pavilion. :cheers: :cheers:
Currently Armani Hartajaya office is at Pavilion Tower. :)

#1,726 ·
It's broke my heart to know that Armani/Dolci closed their maiden shop in SEA.

(Seriously, as this is the place when I want treat myself to have some chocolate) :bash: :bash:

As well as Armani/Casa and Armani/Fiori. Starhill use to boast to have only the finest brand in Malaysia also in SEA Region.

ARMANI / CASA & LIGNE ROSET CLEARANCE SALE

https://www.theluxatelier.com/

Remember Niche Retailing by YTL. Now they only carry Kenzo under their belt. Am not sure about McQ by Alexander McQueen and M Missoni fate.

Will they be here ? Are they still here ?

The Lux Atelier kind a takeover ( i think its a subsidiary of Niche Retailing) all the past season's cloth and have sell at Multi brand Store in Starhill. Now they only sell it online.

ALL CLOSED

 Armani / Casa: Starhill Gallery, D6 Sentul,

 Armani / Dolci: Starhill Gallery,

 Armani / Fiori: Starhill Gallery,

 Ligne Roset: Starhill Gallery, D6 Sentul,

 Sergio Rossi: Starhill Gallery,

MOVE TO PAVILION/FAHRENHEIT

Van Cleef & Arpels

Omega

Sephora

NOT SURE

 M Missoni: Starhill Gallery,

 Alexander McQueen, McQ: Starhill Gallery,

and all other remarkable watches store. ?

p.s- I thought when we have Armani Beauty, we are one step closer to have all Armani brand here.

Giorgio Armani - Armani/KL Pavilion

Emporio Armani - Armani/KL Pavilion

Armani Exchange - Armani/KL Pavilion & others scattered in Malaysia

Armani/Casa - Starhill

Armani/Dolci - Starhill

Armani/Fiori - Starhill

Armani Beauty - Mid Valley, Suria KLCC

just left with Collezioni, Prive, Hotels, Cafe, Restaurant and Club.

Eh byk jugak. Tup2 boleh pulak die tutup all the lifestyle store here. :nuts:

But not to worry, I believe in the company of name Armani Hartajaya.

To a Armani Hotel with all the Armani brands in the future at belakang Pavilion. :cheers: :cheers:

Currently Armani Hartajaya office is at Pavilion Tower. :)
Oohh spill some tea please #armanihartajaya ...[emoji1787][emoji1787]

#1,727 ·
In the recent years, there were few renovations that has been done, most notably, the transformation of the elevators at the center court, new drop off, additional of new LED, marble polishing. That's all. Sadly to say the new extension just following the Lot C extension back in 2011, it's still too dark and gloomy to me not forget to mentioned it doesn't look good which i believe due to cost saving.

The best renovation for me is The Gardens Mall in Mid Valley. But I guess Starhill Gallery renovation will brings surprise.

Starhill Gallery Renovation Progress.

Untitled by M. Khai, on Flickr

#1,728 ·
repost

Kuala Lumpur mall Starhill to be revamped
October 3, 2019 Michael Arnold

Kuala Lumpur mall Starhill Gallery is undergoing a transformation and will be fully revealed as The Starhill come 2021.

The mall, located in Kuala Lumpur’s Bukit Bintang shopping belt, will be repositioned as the “Home of the Tastemakers” following a new concept that infuses hospitality into the retail experience – where patrons will shop and stay in a refined home-like environment offering experiential retail in a warm, intimate boutique atmosphere.

https://insideretail.asia/2019/10/03/kuala-lumpur-mall-starhill-to-be-revamped/

#1,733 ·
What the hell they completely blocked off the pedestrian walkway! Now you have to walk on the road to get to JE Marriott

How can DBKL allow this

Reactions: Daysra
#1,734 ·
The facade got very visible green molding... I don't know about completely blocking off the walkway, I know when Sephora Starhill closed, you could still walk behind it to get to Marriott. But if they don't block it off, how are they going to do any renovation? Sometimes its a give and take situation.

If you look closely to the facade, they can practically remove it, and the original building facade is still there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.