General Development, News & Debate - Page 91 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark > Copenhagen

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 208 votes, 5.00 average.
Old July 28th, 2019, 11:38 PM   #1801
frederiksberg

Likes (Received): 53

Why don't we build dorms anymore?
frederiksberg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 29th, 2019, 11:18 AM   #1802
dysharmonica

Location: København / Bratislava / Austin, TX / Philadelphia, PA
Likes (Received): 2058

Quote:
Originally Posted by frederiksberg View Post
Why don't we build dorms anymore?
I think that is the general idea here. We stopped building dorms. Overall, we stopped building housing, really.

I feel like this is a huge promise, and not THAT hard to fulfill, since the state controls how many students come to CPH every year ... therefore, they can control how many units of housing they need. the initial investment is huge, but then you have the 'student housing stock' set and you just need to maintain it. The state can also determine where to build it, so that students have easy (ish) access to all campuses by transit

I wonder if dorms can at all come close to break even on operating costs.
dysharmonica está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2019, 12:07 PM   #1803
Urbanus

Likes (Received): 1302

Jeg forstår ikke hvor man ikke bygger flere midlertidige containerbyer - som var den helt store ting sidste år. Men det er kun et lille antal der faktisk er bygget ude på Refshaleøen.

Der er gigantiske områder der bare ligger øde, hvor der først er planlagt byudvikling om mange år, f.eks. ude i Nordhavn og andre steder. Man burde bygge flere midlertidige boliger for unge og studerende. For mig at se er det rent win-win:
- Man får billige midlertidige boliger til studerende
- Man får tidligt skabt liv og byliv i områderne der i fremtiden skal udvikles, noget der ellers kan tage mange år at få skabt.
- Man undgår at områderne bare ligger øde hen, mens naturen får lov at vokse frit, så naturfredningsfolket pludselig synes at nu har de vundet hævd på området, og der kommer voldsomme protester når områderne engang skal bebygges.
Advertisement

Old July 29th, 2019, 06:10 PM   #1804
frederiksberg

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysharmonica View Post
I wonder if dorms can at all come close to break even on operating costs.
How do you figure? 6-12 rooms in a corridor with shared kitchen facilities that the students keep clean themselves.

The typical 'student flat' is approaching 5-6000/month in rent.
frederiksberg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2019, 06:25 PM   #1805
dysharmonica

Location: København / Bratislava / Austin, TX / Philadelphia, PA
Likes (Received): 2058

Quote:
Originally Posted by frederiksberg View Post
How do you figure? 6-12 rooms in a corridor with shared kitchen facilities that the students keep clean themselves.

The typical 'student flat' is approaching 5-6000/month in rent.
Sounds like it should, but there is always wear and tear (students are not known for being gentle to their apartments - I certainly was not ) I assume a student dorm room SD imagines will not be 5-6k DKK but closer to 2k DKK How much are current dorms like the new one by ITU in Islands Brygge?
dysharmonica está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2019, 10:04 PM   #1806
Cafo

Likes (Received): 679

While some very large dormitories have been built by the state, like Øresundskollegiet (1969, 1500 students) and Grønjordskollegiet (1969, 1000 students), most dorms are far smaller and have been built by charitable foundations either companies or coops. As far as I can tell the state hasn't really built much of anything since the first oil crisis and foundations are building at a slow gradual rate that in no way can keep up. Now we see private investors enter because the profitability is incredible and the risk is nonexistent. But it seems unlikely that enough will take chances far from the center (notable exception Base Camp Lyngby).

Until circa 2000 this was not a problem as the city had many cheap apartments that students could share. With the demographics having bottomed in the 1980s we have more young people, and more of them studying for longer causing a large deficit in the housing stock.

If I had to suggest anything it would be to convert some of the commercial land in Ørestad that cannot be sold in the present market. In Ørestad Syd alone there is about 70,000 m2 if we exclude the large plots near the highway. If we assume 25 m2 rooms + 35 m2 for stairs, kitchens, etc. we get 1166 rooms (about 1750 students). Øresundskollegiet is about 43 m2 per room everything included, and 1.5 students per room. Of course we could build taller or decide to build to the same standard as in 1969...

It would also help By & Havn by paying off some of its debt.
Old July 30th, 2019, 10:11 PM   #1807
Cafo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanus View Post
Jeg forstår ikke hvor man ikke bygger flere midlertidige containerbyer
Jeg er enig i dine betragtninger over fordelene men jeg synes vi skal forstå ulemperne. Såvidt jeg kan forstå er de ikke nødvendigvis billigere at bygge, containere skal jo modificeres i høj grad ved lav arbejdsproduktivitet, blandt andet med isolering og rørledninger, udendørstrapper, m.m. Jeg har på fornemmelsen at hvis man sammenligner den meget kortere levetid og de højere finansieringsomkostninger, de er jo ikke 30-årige realkredit godkendt, så vil jeg tro vi vil få mere for pengene ved at bygge "rigtige boliger". Med de for tiden ekstremt lave renter for staten ser regnestykket sikkert endnu værre ud for container boliger, hvis staten skal subsidiere private udlejere igennem SUen.

Men ja, især dit argument om at tage helt nye byområder i brug før en egentlig byudvikling køber jeg, men alt med måde.

dysharmonica liked this post
Cafo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2019, 10:42 AM   #1808
Urbanus

Likes (Received): 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafo View Post
If I had to suggest anything it would be to convert some of the commercial land in Ørestad that cannot be sold in the present market. In Ørestad Syd alone there is about 70,000 m2 if we exclude the large plots near the highway. If we assume 25 m2 rooms + 35 m2 for stairs, kitchens, etc. we get 1166 rooms (about 1750 students). Øresundskollegiet is about 43 m2 per room everything included, and 1.5 students per room. Of course we could build taller or decide to build to the same standard as in 1969...

It would also help By & Havn by paying off some of its debt.
I agree, and with huge amount of commercial space and plots available in places like Nordhavn, Postterminalen, Kalvebod Brygge, Carlsberg, Enghave Brygge, Sydhavn etc. - and still a lot of plots in Ørestad City and Bellakvarteret - I think the plots in Ørestad Syd will be a very long way down the list for potential companies, and probably never be sold (when all the places above is filled, then will Refshaleøen, Lynetteholm and even more Nordhavn come).

dysharmonica liked this post
Urbanus está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2019, 11:42 PM   #1809
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 4766

Scandic Falkoner opened today after 2 years of construction.

The first event is the musical Lys Over Skagen and looking at the event calendar they have filled up the dates with a bunch of musicals and shows.

So not that many concerts are scheduled now.

https://gaffa.dk/nyhed/138781/ikonis...sted-genabner/

https://www.scandichotels.dk/hotelle...alkoner/events
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2019, 10:40 PM   #1810
bongo-anders

The hotel under construction at Amagerfælledvej 120 (behind Nordea and DR Byen) will be the dutch hotel chain Zoku, it opens next autumn with 160 rooms.

https://standby.dk/ny-hotelkaede-paa...il-koebenhavn/

The hotel formerly known as Comwell Copenhagen Portside will when it opens be called Dolce by Wyndham.

https://standby.dk/dansk-hotelkaede-...igant-fra-usa/

TheBikingViking liked this post
Old August 30th, 2019, 08:33 PM   #1811
Cafo

Two small bits.

The new ice rink next to gasværket on outer Østerbro is obviously under construction with two cranes erected.

A few days ago I was walking across Dybbølsbro at night, and the open vistas from the bridge creates lines of sight to a lot of present and future skylines. Danske Bank obviously, but also Carlsberg and Grønttorvet. A phone shot of this makes no sense so for those with good cameras it might be worth a short diversion.

milipumba, MyCPH liked this post
Cafo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2019, 08:30 PM   #1812
papapam

Likes (Received): 191

Isn't the hotel in Amagerfælledvej waaay too close to the nearby buildings? Wondering what kind of dispensation did they get from the Kommune, to build so close and so high, near so important buildings.
papapam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2019, 11:13 PM   #1813
DobbeltSnesNulNul

Likes (Received): 559

Quote:
Originally Posted by papapam View Post
important buildings.
It´s Ama´r!?!

The answere is By & Havn baby!
DobbeltSnesNulNul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2019, 12:29 PM   #1814
TheBikingViking

Likes (Received): 1106

Quote:
Originally Posted by papapam View Post
Isn't the hotel in Amagerfælledvej waaay too close to the nearby buildings? Wondering what kind of dispensation did they get from the Kommune, to build so close and so high, near so important buildings.
How do you see that it's higher than the surrounding buildings? To me it looks like it's the same height as the nearby residentials. And not sure how you conclude on the distance to the surrounding buildings?
TheBikingViking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2019, 05:32 PM   #1815
ramblersen

Likes (Received): 2986

Quote:
Eagle Bulk moves European operations to Copenhagen

What is Hamburg’s loss is Copenhagen’s gain. US-based supramax owner Eagle Bulk has shifted its commercial operations to the Danish capital, and the office will be run by former Clipper Bulk head of chartering
https://lloydslist.maritimeintellige...-to-Copenhagen

And Lagkagehuset moves Danish pastry operations to Brøndby - prestigeous!

Quote:
Lagkagehuset har flyttet produktion østpå

- Vi har etableret en topmoderne wienerbrødslinje i vores store bageri i Brøndby. Anlægget her er fire til fem gange så stort som det, vi havde i Aabenraa, og det dækker vores behov i både Danmark og Storbritannien - og mere til. På den måde kan vi skalere vores forretning, for ambitionen er, at vi skal vokse internationalt, siger Jon Skålerud, personaleansvarlig i Lagkagehuset, til avisen.
https://www.food-supply.dk/article/v...oduktion_ostpa

Cafo, TheBikingViking liked this post
ramblersen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2019, 06:56 PM   #1816
Hafnia
Mod nye projekter

Likes (Received): 17422

Til alle skibsnørder (Bongo-Anders?) er vores havn fyldt med flådefartøjer/krigsskibe i forbindelse med Northern Coasts arrangementet.
https://www.moedforsvaret.dk/?fbclid...SGc5adC5L9MqTg

Larsens Plads i går aftes.

Quote:

Last edited by Hafnia; September 5th, 2019 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Bongo-Anders giving me a hard time...
Hafnia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2019, 07:01 PM   #1817
bongo-anders

Exclamation

Nice, with some military ships.

But isn't it Amaliekaj.
Old September 5th, 2019, 07:03 PM   #1818
Hafnia
Mod nye projekter

No Anders, it's Larsens Plads
Old September 5th, 2019, 07:28 PM   #1819
bongo-anders

Potato Potato :-)
Old September 6th, 2019, 10:15 AM   #1820
Hafnia
Mod nye projekter

Overblik over de 10 største projekter igangsat i 1. halvår 2019.
Ser fornuftigt ud set med hovedstadsbrillerne på. Til gengæld er provinsens eneste repræsentant på listen, ret lækkert.

Quote:
Kilde og grafik: Byggefaktas ’Trends for byggebranchen Q2 2019’
Advertisement

Tags
københavn

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: