General Development, News & Debate - Page 93 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Denmark > Copenhagen

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 208 votes, 5.00 average.
Old December 2nd, 2019, 02:35 PM   #1841
Hafnia
Mod nye projekter

Likes (Received): 17504

At stilladsarbejdere er sådanne nogle højtråbende håndværkerbøller der er parat til at bruge voldelige og ulovlige midler for at fremme deres sag, er vel en af mine største fordomme.
Der er alligevel trist at få det bekræftet her.

https://www.berlingske.dk/samfund/se...-paa-noerrebro
Advertisement

Old December 3rd, 2019, 12:39 AM   #1842
Markowitch

Likes (Received): 1061

Da jeg i sin tid arbejdede som bygningsingeniør, gik der mange historier om stilladsklubben. Det var ikke uhørt at stilladser blev revet ned.

En Porche Cayenne blev også væltet om på taget.

https://www.berlingske.dk/virksomhed...-er-nogle-svin

https://imgur.com/a/SeZQaUV

Quote:
Det, der på overfladen ligner en faglig konflikt, fik i går søndag aften et dybere lag, da en elektriker og en stilladsarbejder tog ud til byggepladen med det formål at dokumentere, at stilladsarbejderne på byggepladsen på stedet arbejde under usikre forhold.

Ude fra vejen filmede stilladsarbejderen og elektrikeren arbejdet. Efter kort tid kørte en hvid Porsche Cayenne op på siden af dem. En gruppe mænd steg ud af bilen og tæskede de to håndværkere.

... overfaldet er blevet politianmeldt.
Markowitch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2019, 01:25 PM   #1843
Xed

Likes (Received): 1146

Another award for Noma/BIG: https://www.archworldwide.com/inside...rai-amsterdam/
Xed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 16th, 2019, 05:02 PM   #1844
ramblersen

Likes (Received): 2998

Lars Liebst will after 23 years be retiring as CEO of Tivoli Gardens.

Quote:
I en pressemeddelelse oplyser Tivoli, at ”efter fælles aftale indleder Tivolis bestyrelse nu et generationsskifte, og der skal derfor i løbet af 2020 findes en ny administrerende direktør for Tivoli. Lars Liebst tiltrådte som direktør i 1996.”

[…]

I turismebranchen er Lars Liebst kendt for blandt andet at være formand for Dansk Industris Udvalg for Turisme ligesom han er formand for bestyrelsen i Royal Arena, Arena CPHX. Hertil kommer formandskabet for Dansk Industris hovedbestyrelse ligesom han er medlem af Det Nationale Turismeforum.
https://standby.dk/lars-liebst-stopp...oli-direktoer/

I think he has done a pretty terrific job in terms of making the historic gardens contribute to the development of the city in stead of just managing it as an open air museum. I would really like to see him enter local politics now - our rather dysfunctional City Hall could really use an outsider with his qualifications and development-embracing convictions.

København liked this post
ramblersen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2019, 11:07 AM   #1845
Never give up

Likes (Received): 11765

Happy Christmas (holiday) all of you on SSC.

Old December 24th, 2019, 11:23 AM   #1846
Cafo

Likes (Received): 680

Merry Christmas, Chanukka, Winter Solstice, Holidays, etc. to you all.

I feel it's been an eventful year for Copenhagen and I'm trying to take stock of it all. Obviously the Ring Metro line opening has been the big event, but that's been foreseen for a few years now. So aside from the metro what has been the most important change of the year for the city? And of the surrounding region?

Zichau liked this post
Cafo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2019, 02:55 PM   #1847
DobbeltSnesNulNul

Likes (Received): 569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafo View Post
Merry Christmas, Chanukka, Winter Solstice, Holidays, etc. to you all.

I feel it's been an eventful year for Copenhagen and I'm trying to take stock of it all. Obviously the Ring Metro line opening has been the big event, but that's been foreseen for a few years now. So aside from the metro what has been the most important change of the year for the city? And of the surrounding region?
Regeringsskiftet?

Never give up, dysharmonica liked this post

Last edited by DobbeltSnesNulNul; December 24th, 2019 at 04:42 PM.
DobbeltSnesNulNul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2019, 07:54 PM   #1848
Zichau

Likes (Received): 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafo View Post
Obviously the Ring Metro line opening has been the big event, but that's been foreseen for a few years now. So aside from the metro what has been the most important change of the year for the city? And of the surrounding region?
I actually think the most significant thing is, that Copenhagen now is "on wheels" so to speak.

Lots of exciting development going on in lots of central places, with a lot to look forward to in the comming years.

As I kind of predicted in the early 2000 with the airport, the brigde, Ørestad and the metro. You through a stone in the water and it creates a lot of rings. And I guess thats what we're seing right now.

Merry Christmas..!

DobbeltSnesNulNul, JLAG liked this post
Zichau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2019, 02:33 PM   #1849
JLAG

Likes (Received): 915

Lynettholmen wasn’t suggested in 2019 but it grew substantially in size and became much more concrete. Now we recently also got the GO on havnetunnelen. Holmene is another exciting thing I think. These larger plans are perhaps not as concrete as opening of the metro but I believe they will influence many things in the years to come and in that sense they are almost as important.

Personally I hope the metro will turn out to become such a success so they decide for the havnering in 2020. A brilliant idea.

Aeropolis, Never give up, Urbanus liked this post
JLAG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2019, 02:26 PM   #1850
JLAG

Likes (Received): 915

Not to be the wet blanket and destroy the party, it is exciting times with cranes all over the city, but if I should add one disappointment of the year; I still think it is a pity that Copenhagen lost on the relocation of the EMA (European Medicine Agency). The effects of such a relocation I believe could have positive effects in many areas and on many levels.

Udholm, dysharmonica liked this post
JLAG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2019, 01:38 PM   #1851
Cafo

If I had to sum up my thoughts about this year it would have to start with what happened some years ago. Housing has been the big driver of this cycle, but it began slowly after the crisis, only by the mid point of the decade were central parts of Copenhagen being developed at the high pace we’ve grown accustomed to. Some suburban projects like Irma Byen and exurbs like Køge were highly succesful, but it took a long time for other major development areas outside the core to get started up. I feel like 2019 was the year where we finally saw serious interest in investing in multifamily housing for the broader middle class. Off the top of my mind we had Høje-Taastrup with Nærheden and quick land sales near the station / City 2. Hillerød has lots of projects going on but the 1300 unit development by Goldschmidt comes to mind as particularly ambitious. So does the 1000 units near Rødovre station. Municipalities along the future Ring 3 light rail including Brøndby and Glostrup have major plans. Some of these are perhaps more vision than reality but housing values have gone up to a point where land sales and development makes sense. Both Rødovre and Hillerød apartment prices are now back to their pre-crisis peaks (before inflation), something that took about a decade.

Going into the 2020s we have a rising group of young (families) who are renters rather than owners in the large cities. Something unknown to us in the postwar era. If this continues we can expect some political changes to renters rights, as traditionally the private rental sector mostly had less well off live in depreciated housing. Now we have a lot of new construction renting on market terms. I see the debate of the past year about renovation pushing up rents as part of this politcal change.

We also have an aging population with the large baby boomer generation having to make a choice about staying put in their 60s through 80s detached housing, or moving into apartments or perhaps if they can afford it, serviced housing that caters specifically to their life situation. This is very early days and it’ll be interesting to see if we have a move of baby boomers into new apartments, and the young into their left behind housing, and what this means for central Copenhagen and the suburbs. The lack of cores to many of the postwar suburbs is a difficult issue to address. Many areas surrounding s-train stations are vastly underutilized today. It will interesting to see if a project like Rødovre Port is the beginning of something new, if it’ll even succeed in kickstarting development, or if it’ll fail to change expectations.

Here’s to 2020 and beyond. Happy new years everyone!

ramblersen, Pisling liked this post
Cafo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2019, 02:13 PM   #1852
ramblersen

Likes (Received): 2998

Here as we are about to leave the 2010s, I do feel that we are generally moving in the right direction when it comes to overall planning and the combined effect of the many small things but damn we could really use more individual buildings that it was really possible to fall in love with and that later times are also likely to appreciate.

If someone has a tentative Top Something-list of (somewhat realistic) projects that you would love to see happening to Copenhagen in the 2020s in terms of moving the city forward, feel free to share it. What are your dream projects for the city and/or what are we really missing?

Happy New Year everybody!
ramblersen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2019, 11:50 PM   #1853
bongo-anders

Likes (Received): 4770

For the cruise season 2020 its expected that for the first time over 1 million passengers will visit Copenhagen.

The number of ships stays around the same (around 350) but they are getting bigger.

For the 2021 season they expect that around 35 ships will carry 6000 passengers or more.

https://maritimedanmark.dk/Mobil/?Id=42575

JLAG liked this post
bongo-anders no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2019, 12:27 PM   #1854
Never give up

Likes (Received): 11765

Happy New Year everyone!

Jones_, Silkebaronen, JLAG, bongo-anders liked this post
Never give up no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2020, 01:16 PM   #1855
bongo-anders

Copenhagen is yet again on some kind of place to visit list.

This time its CNN Travels to 20 to visit in 2020.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/p...020/index.html
Old January 1st, 2020, 03:27 PM   #1856
Cafo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblersen View Post
If someone has a tentative Top Something-list of (somewhat realistic) projects that you would love to see happening to Copenhagen in the 2020s in terms of moving the city forward, feel free to share it. What are your dream projects for the city and/or what are we really missing?
I don't want to throw a complete curveball to this question, but I feel like Copenhagen has gained so many "prestige" public buildings over the past twenty years that I don't think that should be the focus going forward. In the private realm I would agree. Most of the best housing projects have been retrofits of exiting buildings such as the various silos on Islands Brygge and Nordhavn. As for luxurious showing off I feel Copenhagen is not a city that tries to impress too much, it's simply not the fashion here. Aarhus Ø is going in a different direction from Carlsberg and Tuborg (yup ) with some of the more flashy CPH buildings of a pre-crisis design, e.g. 8-tallet, Bella Sky, Metropolis Apartments. This decade has been more conservative with dark bricks dominating everything from luxury apartments on Islands Brygge to villas in Gentofte. The exceptions have been noticeable like the colored Scherfigs Hus and the upcoming Trikotageparken. I hope we'll see more variety and effort put into facades as well as internals. Even more so than the facades the bathrooms, living areas and kitchens all look the same in new builds. Concrete grey bathrooms, white kitchens! But I digress...

What I would really like to see in the 2020s is what happens between the buildings. It's a common complaint on here that not enough is happening at the street level in new development areas. I have nothing to add to this just note my agreement. My focus is on the green areas and the small plazas. Throughout the year I've been looking at beautiful pictures of Odense from Mukki Wukki. Many small plazas all over the city could greatly benefit from being redone with this level of attention. It would take decades at a reasonable spending level but what a difference it would make.

Next are what I consider areas that need a rethink. Kalvebod Fælled needs an overall plan for what it should do for its many users. Parts for sports, others for a range of nature. It could be made into a great public park. I am dreaming of something along the lines of Prospect Park. Then there are older parks that need renewed attention to bring them back into their old glory days like with what has been done to Enghaveparken. Østre Anlæg comes to mind.

I could go on with traffic investments but I'll end it here.
Old January 1st, 2020, 05:28 PM   #1857
bongo-anders

My main projects to follow besides the M4 extension would for me be the natural history museum and the technical/enginering museum at Svanemølleværket.

GeekyDayDreamer, dysharmonica, Cafo liked this post
Old January 16th, 2020, 09:22 AM   #1858
Hafnia
Mod nye projekter

Likes (Received): 17504

København Arkitektur-hovedstad 2023
Advertisement

Tags
københavn

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: