RECORD SHOPS : Shops that sell what is often now called "VINYL" - Newcastle and the North East - Page 5 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > North East England > Newcastle Metro Area

Newcastle Metro Area For Newcastle, N Tyneside, Gateshead, S Tyneside, South Northumberland

Old April 16th, 2019, 10:07 PM   #81
Godscrasher

Likes (Received): 191

Bass Generator Records that used to be on Dean Street. I was a wee bit younger in them days so cannot really remember where it was, but I do remember having to walk down a set of stairs to get to the record shop, could it be that disused restaurant just up from LD mountain centre where it used to be?

For those that were into it Bass Generator are still going, although I'm not into the hardcore stuff these days as I'm more of a techno/house nerd.
Godscrasher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 16th, 2019, 10:47 PM   #82
GBDT

Likes (Received): 419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godscrasher View Post
Bass Generator Records that used to be on Dean Street. I was a wee bit younger in them days so cannot really remember where it was, but I do remember having to walk down a set of stairs to get to the record shop, could it be that disused restaurant just up from LD mountain centre where it used to be?

For those that were into it Bass Generator are still going, although I'm not into the hardcore stuff these days as I'm more of a techno/house nerd.
Taken in 1993. It's down from LD. The white shop.
From P&T Image Archive.

1047-02-1993 Dean Street by GBDT, on Flickr.

Cheers
GBDT

Newcastle Historian, Godscrasher liked this post
GBDT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2019, 09:48 PM   #83
Godscrasher

Likes (Received): 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBDT View Post
Taken in 1993. It's down from LD. The white shop.
From P&T Image Archive.

1047-02-1993 Dean Street by GBDT, on Flickr.

Cheers
GBDT
Cheers mate.

GBDT liked this post
Godscrasher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
33s, 45s, albums, long playing records, music, music shops, newcastle, newcastle retail, record shops, records, retail, retail - ne england, retail - north east, retailers, singles, vinyl