2030 FIFA WC - Potential bids - Page 82 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old December 3rd, 2019, 02:25 AM   #1621
Gombos
Registered User
 
Gombos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Cluj-Napoca
Posts: 1,428
Likes (Received): 1273

new stadiums in Romania, recently built or currently under construction

but MORE WILL COME, Timișoara (+30000-seater), Bucharest (Dinamo), Oradea, Botosani, Pitești and others (maybe Brașov, Iași, Bacău etc) are set to start soon

honestly, even Wales and Northern Ireland are also not prepared as infrastructure, not just our South-Eastern countries. I wish the World Cup to be given to the biggest and best prepared countries. like England alone, Germany and France in Europe. Spain now would be more ready than Italy for instance. give it to the United States and Canada, Japan, outside Europe. give it to China because the large towns are quite ok. but now it should be Europe's turn again.


Last edited by Gombos; December 3rd, 2019 at 02:38 AM.
Gombos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old December 3rd, 2019, 11:50 PM   #1622
Temporarily Exiled
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5portsF4n View Post
What about an upgraded Windsor Park to 30k with temporary seating to 40k?
It's quite a hemmed-in site, it would be a huge effort just to get it to the point where temporary seating on the scale needed is viable.
Temporarily Exiled no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2019, 02:46 PM   #1623
Rokto14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Dhaka,Singapore
Posts: 831
Likes (Received): 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gombos View Post
new stadiums in Romania, recently built or currently under construction

but MORE WILL COME, Timișoara (+30000-seater), Bucharest (Dinamo), Oradea, Botosani, Pitești and others (maybe Brașov, Iași, Bacău etc) are set to start soon


honestly, even Wales and Northern Ireland are also not prepared as infrastructure, not just our South-Eastern countries. I wish the World Cup to be given to the biggest and best prepared countries. like England alone, Germany and France in Europe. Spain now would be more ready than Italy for instance. give it to the United States and Canada, Japan, outside Europe. give it to China because the large towns are quite ok. but now it should be Europe's turn again.

The initiative that Romania is taking is great! But what about the other host nations of Serbia, Greece and Bulgaria? Are they taking their own initiative on modernising their stadia?
Rokto14 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2019, 06:08 PM   #1624
pesto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16,181
Likes (Received): 4105

I find it odd that a country is building so many new or greatly improved stadiums when there has historically been no demand for them. This is the "white elephant" issue that FIFA has been battered over the head with for years, and is one of the problems that joint bids was intended to ameliorate.

Does Romania really expect FIFA to take this bid seriously? I would think a better move would be to build the stadiums; keep them well maintained and operating successfully for, say, 10 years; and then put together a bid.

Even better, spend the money developing scientific, educational, health, social and other institutions.
__________________

OnwardsAndUpwards, Gambass, Rokto14 liked this post

Last edited by pesto; December 4th, 2019 at 09:11 PM.
pesto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2019, 09:54 PM   #1625
CWells2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 3
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokto14 View Post
The initiative that Romania is taking is great! But what about the other host nations of Serbia, Greece and Bulgaria? Are they taking their own initiative on modernising their stadia?

Thats the major problem, lack of modern facilities in the region.
__________________

Rokto14 liked this post
CWells2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2019, 10:00 PM   #1626
CWells2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 3
Likes (Received): 1

Surely the solution for Northern Ireland is to build a modular stadium maybe outside of Belfast for the World Cup.

Then take it down and reuse it in the country for other projects.
CWells2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2019, 10:19 PM   #1627
pesto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16,181
Likes (Received): 4105

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWells2000 View Post
Surely the solution for Northern Ireland is to build a modular stadium maybe outside of Belfast for the World Cup.

Then take it down and reuse it in the country for other projects.
There are plenty of stadiums available in the other host countries. Why not use the modules for the "other projects" and skip the stadium?

N. Ireland can host some events other than actual matches and you would be able to see FIFA providing something useful for the community before, during and after the games.
pesto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM   #1628
ElvisBC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stoke on Trent
Posts: 1,249
Likes (Received): 497

including NI is nothing but political plus for the bid
ElvisBC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM   #1629
pesto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 16,181
Likes (Received): 4105

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisBC View Post
including NI is nothing but political plus for the bid
It is political but it is not just political. It demonstrates an interest in the sport globally, not just as defined by political terms. It expresses an attitude of soccer for everyone, not "Look at me! Look at me!".
pesto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us