Best Modern European Skylines (Part3) - Page 789 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers
» Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM   #15761
vcoco
london86

Likes (Received): 139

Milano
Porta Nuova (left), CityLife (centre)

click to enlarge

CityLife

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Bonus pics: Il Curvo/The Curved One/Pwc Tower (height: 175 m, design: Daniel Libeskind) - T/O

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5lA-xJIuYA/

photo credit: Andrea Cherchi

Last edited by vcoco; Yesterday at 06:02 PM.
vcoco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM   #15762
Lord Parsifal

Likes (Received): 764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidinho View Post
Hmmm... The land is probably one of the cheapest in Saint Petersburg.
Yeah, that's precisely why building a skyscraper there is illogical. You build skyscrapers when you're scramming up for space, not when you have a f*ckton of it laying around for free.

The state was wasteful and decided to build a skyscraper there against the economic demand solely for PR purposes, to impress people who are easily impressed. Your average Russian will see Gazprom building a skyscraper and will think - "Aha! We're so strong now!"

Quote:
Moreover, it is less expansive to place 4,000 people in one building than in a huge quarter of dozens of buildings. So a tower is economically more efficient.
I don't think you understand architecture. It is much more expensive to build a tall skyscraper than it is to build many low-height building

Quote:
50.2% of Gazprom's shares are state-owned which means that half of Gazprom's profit goes to the federal budget but never vice versa. Gazprom is not financed from the federal budget - the budget is financed by Gazprom.
It's the state which controls the board, which issues decisions. You're not gonna fool anyone that Gazprom isn't a subject of the Russian state, I don't see what you wanna accomplish here in this regard

Quote:
By the way, the other shareholders are open joint stock companies (public corporations)
Yeah, the other shareholders are oligarchs. We know what's going on in Russia here. It's an open secret

Quote:
So your "expеrt" opinion is once again rather surreal.
Sure, Gazprom is a totally independent entity separate from the state and Russia isn't an oligarchy.

Quote:
Concerning this tower, the only question I have to Gazprom is why it is in Peter rather than in Vladivostok or Krasnoyarsk.
Because the whole project is a propaganda stunt, and you took the bait, as they predicted an average Russian would.

Quote:
You call it a waste of money, I call it a miracle of architecture and engineering
One does not exclude the other, though I do disagree with the latter
Lord Parsifal está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM   #15763
Davidinho

Likes (Received): 808

I am not a Russian. Even if it was a propaganda action for showing one's might, I can't find anything bad in it, like I can't find anything bad in Empire State building, Camp Nou or Burj Khalifa Maybe it's because I am not jealous, hence am kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Zuchorsky View Post
I'm quite serious if Warsaw releases the area around the Palace of Culture and Science for the very center core of future supertalls projecting 300-350m towers, it may even be the first on these lists.
That is my subjective opinion.
Any city can be the first in the list IF it builds more, higher and better and Warsaw is not an exception (although it cannot become the first in Europe with the project you are referring to). As for now, Manchester looks more promising to me. It is simply nicer, being not as high and dense as Warsaw, pretty much like London's skyline looks better than that of Moscow.

IF Madrid builds the new highrises, it will become one of the best in Europe. IF Paris builds a couple of supertalls it moves to a new level. IF Moscow and London complete all the projects they have at the moment, they will be able to compete with globally best skylines... You see, all the cities are developing and have plans.

P.S. Speaking of "showing might"... it seems like Milan is showing it's might in a very masculine way with this new tower (sorry for being vulgar).

Last edited by Davidinho; Yesterday at 07:16 PM.
Davidinho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM   #15764
Lord Parsifal

Quote:

I am not a Russian. Even if it was a propaganda action for showing one's might, I can't find anything bad in it, like I can't fight anything bad in Empire State building, Camp Nou or Burj Khalifa Maybe it's because I am not jealous, hence am kind.
You're Armenian though, and Armenia has a big problem with a big part of its population being staunchly pro-Russian (similar across other Caucasian states such as Georgia etc.), so don't act like you're 100% unbiased.

And I'm not jealous. What's up with Russians (or pro-Russian people, in this example) asserting jealousy every time when someone criticizes Russia?
Sounds like insecure projecting. All I did was try to answer most realistically why such a tall skyscraper was built exactly there and by whom (as someone asked about this). Just because you got butthurt because of reality getting pointed out doesn't mean I'm jealous.

Quote:
Warsaw is not an exception (although it cannot become the first in Europe with the project you are referring to). As for now, Manchester looks more promising to me. It is simply nicer, being not as high and dense as Warsaw, pretty much like London's skyline looks better than that of Moscow.
There your insecurity shows. Why are you even talking about Warsaw? I didn't mention it anywhere and yet you have to make a comment on it, honestly showing that the skyscrapers you so insecurely praise can't stand evaluations on their own merit.
The rest of your post is the same, goes on answering some question which was never asked by anyone

Also, Empire State Building was built by a private consortium. In the center of the city.

--------------------------
As to everyone on Page 788 - seriously, Warsaw catching up to Frankfurt in 5 years? No way.
In 10-15 years, alright, but not 1-5, lol.

Last edited by Lord Parsifal; Yesterday at 07:23 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM   #15765
Blackhavvk

Likes (Received): 10736

Opinion: The palace of culture and science should be demolished.
Blackhavvk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #15766
Davidinho

Likes (Received): 808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Parsifal View Post
Armenia has a big problem with a big part of its population being staunchly pro-Russian
Oh, thank you for letting me know that it is a problem

And keep on criticizing anything you want, the objects of your critique become more popular. On the other hand, unfortunately you cast a shadow on anything you try to popularize or defend.

Quote:
There your insecurity shows. Why are you even talking about Warsaw?
That's a response to your colleague Ron. I am talking about Warsaw because you are talking about Moscow (There your insecurity shows?), otherwise, I am not interested in that city

Quote:

Empire State Building was built by a private consortium.
... therefore it can show its might, unlike the state... OK, thank you.

Mistogun liked this post

Last edited by Davidinho; Yesterday at 07:31 PM.
Davidinho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM   #15767
Lord Parsifal

Quote:
Oh, thank you for letting me know that it is a problem

And keep on criticizing anything you want, the objects of your critique become more popular. On the other hand, unfortunately you cast a shadow on anything you try to popularize or defend.
Lol what? You're blabbering.

Quote:
I am talking about Warsaw because you are talking about Moscow (There your insecurity shows?)
What? Where did I even mention Moscow lmao, the topic was the Lakhta Tower in St. Petersburg and Gazprom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhavvk View Post
Why do you think so?

Davidinho liked this post

Last edited by Lord Parsifal; Yesterday at 07:55 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM   #15768
ogonek

Likes (Received): 28047

Please more, it's so much fun.
ogonek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:45 PM   #15769
Skopje/Скопје
Macedonia/Македонија

Likes (Received): 73060

Batumi, Georgia

source

-I'm amazed how this city is rapidly changing-

Skopje/Скопје no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM   #15770
marcobruls

Likes (Received): 4535

Yeah its very interesting.
Its a big shame about that huge flat though; it ruins everything.
marcobruls no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM   #15771
Dusty Hare

Likes (Received): 1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogonek View Post
It is hilarious how Parsifal insists that he is not interested in posting political posts and then does just that.

Swarogich, Mistogun, Pickun liked this post
Dusty Hare no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:32 PM   #15772
Lord Parsifal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Hare View Post
It is hilarious how Parsifal insists that he is not interested in posting political posts and then does just that.
Someone asked who built a skyscraper in such a place and why, all I did was answer the question

Ron Zuchorsky liked this post
Old Yesterday, 10:34 PM   #15773
WingTips

Likes (Received): 3163

Manchester...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb View Post
Andrew Brooks Photography.

Andrew Brooks
@AndrewPBrooks·

Built from many photographs so full of detail. You can see in the first image here how the atmosphere slightly distorts the straight lines of the towers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndrewPBr...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

sion.campbell, Davidinho, Jamsterx liked this post
WingTips no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:02 AM   #15774
Dusty Hare

Likes (Received): 1430

Quote:
Someone asked who built a skyscraper in such a place and why, all I did was answer the question
Yeah,yeah, yeah. That's all you did. Yawn
Dusty Hare no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:00 AM   #15775
Ron Zuchorsky

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlausDiggy View Post
Are there any signs of this?
I have to admit that this is just a dream but that what mlody 89 posted is a kind of message showing ability and capacity of the area.

Quote:
Any city can be the first in the list IF it builds more, higher and better and Warsaw is not an exception (although it cannot become the first in Europe with the project you are referring to).
This is what I wanted to say. I only noticed finaly after many years the potential of the city center after World War II.Warsaw having the bigest loss in the world in WWII today can use it to build a lot of new supertalls without demolition of old useless objects. The fact that the Palace of Culture and Science "gained" a lot of land for modern buildings is an oportunity to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhavvk View Post
This is not needed because this Stalinist building has already entered the landscape of this city and all you have to do is compete with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogonek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcobruls View Post
Yeah its very interesting.
Its a big shame about that huge flat though; it ruins everything.
This thread is not a photographic thread and sometimes you even need to talk about this large number of photos about the topic that are put here.
After all, we need to make conclusions from comparative photomessages that are all the time pasted here. It's just interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Hare View Post
Yeah,yeah, yeah. That's all you did. Yawn
I suggest not to make short personal entries. This does nothing but add posts in the discuss.
Ron Zuchorsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:57 AM   #15776
Lord Parsifal

Autumn...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
москва, ankara, baku, barcelona, batumi, berlin, düsseldorf, frankfurt, istanbul, izmir, kyiv, leeds, london, lyon, madrid, milan, milano, moscow, paris, rotterdam, sarajevo, skopje, the hague, vienna, warsaw