SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Your fuel prices

Tags
prices
713K views 5K replies 577 participants last post by  jelger 
#1 ·
Show your current fuel prices.

Please show them in your local currency, Euro's and US Dollars.

http://www.xe.com/ <- Currency converter

Netherlands:

22 september 2008:

Euro 95 € 1,559 liter / $ 8.64 gallon
Euro 98 € 1,607 liter / $ 8.91 gallon
Diesel € 1,311 liter / $ 7.39 gallon
LPG € 0,724 liter / $ 4.02 gallon

Unmanned gas stations usually discount up to 10 eurocents, incidently more. Only motorway/freeway gas stations charge the full price.

#40 ·
Last tank I fueled was 3.899/gal (1.02/L)

Right now it's at 3.879/gal. For all the Americans, do you guys have Costco's/Sam's Clubs with gas stations and do you use them? Their gas is about 5-15 cents lower than brand name gas.

#53 ·
Today, Poland, city of Kielce (between Krakow and Warsaw),

unleaded 95 - 1.31 euro or 1.92 dollar per 1 liter.

#57 ·
Thailand 26/09/2008

unleaded 95 1.10 US$/Litre

unleaded 91 1.03 US$/Litre

Gasohol 95 - E10 0.80 US$/Litre

Gasohol 95 - E20 0.75 US$/Litre

Gasohol 95 - E85 0.55 US$/Litre

Gasohol 91 - E10 0.77 US$/Litre

Diesel 0.89 US$/Litre

NGV 0.23 US$/Litre

#61 ·
I used to curse the high tax on petrol when I fist came to live in the Netherlands. I had been used to much freer car use in New Zealand. Back in the late 80s I didnt even bother looking at the price of petrol at the stations as a tank full (about NZ$20-NZ$25)hardly made a dent in my weekly wage at the time.
Now I'm glad I live here in a time when energy costs are due to take off. The Netherlands is far better adjusted to higher costs (due to high taxation) which will make eventual appropriation / mitigation measures less harmful to the general public as NL citizens aren't bound to automobile transport as much as countries such as my home country. The high taxation also gives the government a large degree of leverage should the nett costs increase to very high levels.

#62 ·
Today, I filled up my tank (46 litres) for only € 28,40. I bet such automobile freaks like Chris would enjoy living in the USA :lol:

As an environmentalist, I am a bit disappointed that the price of petrol went down in the US, but I believe that the peak that occurred in the mid-summer already set the trend for the general public. Now, people think twice before buying huge and inefficient SUVs because they know the prices may (and will) go up any time. Plus, American automobile makers will learn their lesson and won't count on huge gaz-guzzlers to generate profit anymore.