MOSCOW - Lev Yashin Stadium (26,121) / VTB Arena (10,900) - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 7th, 2010, 02:44 AM   #41
islessmore

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke80 View Post
You're not alone Sercan. It would look way better if the 3rd tier went all the way round, no matter how small in the corners. Also, there is no valid excuse for that distance.

I'm liking the large 2nd tier in the hockey arena though.

i think tiers model cannot to be considerd as capacity or distance issues in this project (espcally at 3rd layer design)
also tier does not look very far because of slope although distance is unavoidable condition
here is; design/structure characteristics is the main subject and current tier model gives design characteristic (to the end of field) order to roof,shell and structure as a form factor
islessmore no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 7th, 2010, 11:44 AM   #42
www.sercan.de
Galatasaray SK

Likes (Received): 2928

Thats why i hate new stadiums. Cladding / outside is more important than bowl design.

Look at the 3rd tier.
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3...kvanegeraa.jpg

The corners are very small.

ULEB Eurocup (1): 2016

FIBA EuroLeague Women (1): 2014
FIBA EuroCup Women (2): 2009, 2018

IWBF Champions Cup (5): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
IWBF André Vergauwen Cup (2): 2017, 2018
IWBF Intercontinental Cup (4): 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012

EJU Golden League (1): 2014
www.sercan.de no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:49 AM   #43
Luke80

Likes (Received): 4

And look, they've even put another white rectangle surrounding the pitch to make it look like the stands are closer than they really are.

The small corners could have been solved if they moved it all closer too!

Still, one thing I like (and I can't believe there are more stadiums like this) is having the suites between the 1st and 2nd tiers instead of between the 2nd and 3rd tiers as usual. It gives more people a better view and means the 2nd tier isn't just the prawn sandwich tier - that can now be with the other expensive 1st tier tickets.
Luke80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 21st, 2010, 01:27 AM   #44
AILD
BANNED

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Prime Minister Vladimir Putin meets with Andrei Kostin, chairman of the Board of Directors and a member of the Supervisory Board of Bank VTB

Transcript of the beginning of the meeting:

Vladimir Putin: Mr Kostin, I supported your idea for the bank's involvement in the reconstruction of the Dynamo stadium in Moscow. How is the project progressing?

Andrei Kostin: Mr Prime Minister, the stadium is mentioned in Russia's bid for the 2018 World Football Cup. An international bid was held in late June [for the best design of the Dynamo stadium] where projects from six countries were offered. The winning design came from the Russian-Dutch project that calls for the construction of 350,000 square meters of sports facilities, including a football field seating up to 45,000 people and a universal sports arena for holding hockey, basketball and other competitions. We have assessed the cost of the project at upwards of 16.5 billion roubles ($540 million). It is to be completed in 2016 at the latest. We plan to start modernisation next year. It is important that the project requires the preservation of the current stadium as a historical monument...

Vladimir Putin: You mean its historical appearance.

Andrei Kostin: ...and also the construction of a new stadium above or within the old one.

It will be the most modern sports facility in Moscow. We are sure the project will be implemented on time and will become a perfect site for sports functions and also for family leisure. Families will go there for rest and recreation, or to watch a film or attend a sports event. The project is already in full swing.

Vladimir Putin: A stadium to seat 45,000 people: is this a FIFA request?

Andrei Kostin: Yes, and we are also changing the stadium's end zones to satisfy FIFA requirements because the old stadium did not run exactly north-south. We are changing this now. The new design also meets safety recommendations with the number of exits. It will also meet all other requirements. Moreover, there were FIFA delegates on our expert commission and it was they who approved the project, which means we should have no problems [with FIFA].

Vladimir Putin: It is important to keep FIFA informed so that it will feel involved in the process.

http://premier.gov.ru/eng/events/news/11431/
AILD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #45
okulaja

Likes (Received): 0

nice stadium
okulaja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #46
WFInsider
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4492

Complex cost: $ 1,400,000,000
Stadium cost: $ 400,000,000
Opening: 2016
WFInsider no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:06 AM   #47
PaulFCB
BANNED

Likes (Received): 263

It's about time communist style stadiums with worthless athletics track start disappearing and I think in ex-Communist Europe, all Dinamo stadiums have annoying ones ( maybe not Dinamo Zagreb ).
Also I double what Sercan said...but in this case here it's a remodeling of a old stadium, can't make a Mestalla type stand out of it.
PaulFCB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 07:05 AM   #48
WFInsider
BANNED

Maybe you don't know but Russia is one of the leader in athletics. It won last European championship. So having athletic tracks on stadiums giving highest results. If you don't like it - just try to accept this fact.

Atlantropa liked this post
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #49
okulaja

Likes (Received): 0

[IMG]<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fyNdt9yVugk?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fyNdt9yVugk?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>[/IMG]
okulaja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 05:11 PM   #50
WFInsider
BANNED

Zaz965 liked this post
Old November 18th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #51
PaulFCB
BANNED

Likes (Received): 263

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFInsider View Post
Maybe you don't know but Russia is one of the leader in athletics. It won last European championship. So having athletic tracks on stadiums giving highest results. If you don't like it - just try to accept this fact.
And that is totally irrelevant.
You don't need 30.000+ stadiums used for football like Dinamo for athletics track when people come mainly to see football. As proof, we are talking about a stadium that's athletics track is going to disappear while you can always build arenas for training separately if you need.
And I wasn't talking only about Russia, because it wasn't the only communist country with low quality stadiums, Russia is hardly catching up with new stadiums now like Dinamo, Spartak, CSKA, Zenith and previously Lokomotiv, and that's a good thing since the communist past is starting to be left behind in sports .
PaulFCB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #52
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 3179

original and awful
i would be very very cautious with this mix of multifunction design
Old November 19th, 2010, 01:28 AM   #53
WFInsider
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulFCB View Post
And I wasn't talking only about Russia, because it wasn't the only communist country with low quality stadiums, Russia is hardly catching up with new stadiums now like Dinamo, Spartak, CSKA, Zenith and previously Lokomotiv, and that's a good thing since the communist past is starting to be left behind in sports .
Take your political bulls**t out from here. Stadiums with tracks has nothing common with "communism". Or you just want to write something which has Russia and "communism" in one phrase to show something for your ego? If stadiums were "low quality", how the hell Russia constantly win #1 in most of sports. You are stupid.

And don't continue this theme.
Old November 19th, 2010, 10:24 PM   #54
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 3179

The truth is from a french point of view, mine, when i look at the last matches in champions league of russian clubs i notice they have modern stadiums, Cska, Spartak, The national lujniki are modern! Donesk also

Old November 22nd, 2010, 05:26 PM   #55
michał_

Likes (Received): 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFInsider View Post
Take your political bulls**t out from here. Stadiums with tracks has nothing common with "communism". Or you just want to write something which has Russia and "communism" in one phrase to show something for your ego? If stadiums were "low quality", how the hell Russia constantly win #1 in most of sports. You are stupid.

And don't continue this theme.
Truth be told, training has nothing to do with stadium quality as a whole.

Plus - his ego or not - he said nothing but the truth about Russia and other (post)communist countries. I live in Poland and man, is it hard to think of at least one stadium built before 1990 that had NO running track...

It is only now that football-specific stadiums are favoured and I think it's absolutely great to see something like this being built on the site of Dynamo stadion. It will surely be the pearl among Moscow's grounds, but will Dynamo fill it? Sorry, cannot believe that.
michał_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2010, 08:00 PM   #56
rus
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

About Dinamo Stadium Moscow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l5kKKMHTF4&feature=sub
Journalist says will built 7000 parking in undeground the new arena.
rus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2010, 07:36 PM   #57
Vandoren

Likes (Received): 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
The national lujniki are modern!
Lol )

I think in Moscow we have only one real modern arena and it's Lokomotiv stadium.

Vandoren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 04:39 PM   #58
WFInsider
BANNED

http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/...ati-ne-stroiti
Old January 27th, 2011, 05:03 PM   #59
Konig
BANNED

Likes (Received): 256

Video
http://www.sovsport.ru/video/gallery-item/s0_2827
-Football Stadium capacity - 45000 (33000 + 12000 permanent prefabricated structures)
-Hockey Arena сapacity - 15000
-оpening in 2016
-cost of $ 1.5 billion
-HD scoreboard measuring 6 * 85 meters
Konig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 07:12 PM   #60
ultEmate
ульт

Likes (Received): 29353

Superb arenas!
ultEmate no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links