BAKU - Olympic Stadium (69,870) - UEFA EURO 2020 - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 7th, 2011, 04:37 PM   #61
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Likes (Received): 7591

It is under construction. We will have some updates very soon
Advertisement

Old July 7th, 2011, 07:04 PM   #62
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 3180

cost please!!!
Old July 7th, 2011, 07:17 PM   #63
Kozhedub
Global conspirator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil78 View Post
Ok. We have seen the video, we've seen Platini (by the way, what has Platini/UEFA got to do with an Olympic stadium?) , but are they actually building it? So far no photos, no updates of any kind. A webcam of the construction site, anything...? We are on the U/C section, aren't we?
Probably it is all top secret info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 8th, 2011, 06:15 AM   #64
GYEvanEFR

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozhedub View Post
Probably it is all top secret info
GYEvanEFR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2011, 10:50 AM   #65
Axelferis

WHAT IS THE COST OF THIS STADIUM PLEASE??????
Old July 8th, 2011, 12:38 PM   #66
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
WHAT IS THE COST OF THIS STADIUM PLEASE??????
About 300 mln USD
Old July 8th, 2011, 01:10 PM   #67
Axelferis

thank you
Old November 18th, 2011, 10:56 AM   #68
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
thank you
You are welcome
Old November 23rd, 2011, 05:12 AM   #69
Леонид
Espartano

Likes (Received): 1290

pictures of the construction?

Airports visited:
SAP - TGU - RTB - LCE - SAL - SJO - MIA - IAH - MFE - ATL - EWR - ALC - MAD - BCN - SVQ - FCO - BVA - VLC - BRQ - BTS - DOH - DXB - MXP - JFK - MEX - LHR - IAD - GUA - GDL - TPA - MCI - DCA - IND - DFW - GJT - DEN - FLL - CLT - BWI - ORD - HKG - PVC - SIN - SXM - PSP

My 10 top planes:
A340-600 / B777-300 / A330-300 / B787 / B747 / A350 / A380 / B727 / B737 / EMB190
Леонид no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #70
vitaming
with a capital G

Which football club(s) would play there?

Has there ever been any discussion about Azeri clubs joining the Turkish league, btw? With infrastructure improving it seems like a good fit, like Canadian clubs in MLS or Wellington playing in the A League.
vitaming no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2011, 11:15 PM   #71
MS20

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaming View Post
Which football club(s) would play there?

Has there ever been any discussion about Azeri clubs joining the Turkish league, btw? With infrastructure improving it seems like a good fit, like Canadian clubs in MLS or Wellington playing in the A League.
Azerbaijan is a part of the old Soviet union. I don't see any reason why Turkey would want such a move, even if it were sanctioned by UEFA. It certainly doesn't need Azerbaijani clubs for anything. Their best bet is a regional league of ex-Soviets, or a pan-European league.

As for the stadium, the national team would play there. Club wise you would think that Neftchi, Inter or FK Baku would play big European matches or derbies there, bit like in Bucharest atm.
MS20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 01:30 AM   #72
michał_

Likes (Received): 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS20 View Post
As for the stadium, the national team would play there. Club wise you would think that Neftchi, Inter or FK Baku would play big European matches or derbies there, bit like in Bucharest atm.
But this one is located in the outskirts of Baku, while Bucharest has a stadium nearly in the centre. I know that the new olympic stadium will have a good road connection, but what else is planned there for people to feel connected?
michał_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 02:28 PM   #73
vitaming
with a capital G

Quote:
Their best bet is a regional league of ex-Soviets
Azerbaijan and Turkey are nearly identical culturally. There's an ongoing conflict with Armenia and Georgia wouldn't join a Russian league for obvious reasons. The other ex-Soviet states are a bit far away.

Turkey certainly doesn't 'need' them, but it's a an emerging market with a bit of oil wealth that could add to the depth of the Turkish league. Was just a question to any Azeri or Turkish forummers.
vitaming no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 03:27 PM   #74
MS20

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaming View Post
Azerbaijan and Turkey are nearly identical culturally. There's an ongoing conflict with Armenia and Georgia wouldn't join a Russian league for obvious reasons. The other ex-Soviet states are a bit far away.

Turkey certainly doesn't 'need' them, but it's a an emerging market with a bit of oil wealth that could add to the depth of the Turkish league. Was just a question to any Azeri or Turkish forummers.
"The other ex-Soviet states are a bit far away." The other ex-Soviet states are closer to Moscow and St Petersburg than any of the countries you just mentioned. Georgia wouldn't join a Russian league because Russia isn't asking them to. But the whole discussion is pointless because things are staying as they are.

I'll repeat: Azerbaijans football links are with the old Soviet union, not Turkey. What being culturally similar has to do with anything is beyond me. The Germans and Austrians are culturally similar; should Germany invite a Vienna based club to join the German football system? Maybe the Balkan states should have a merged football league because they share cultural similarities? Or Scandinavia? Baltics perhaps? Belgium/Netherlands? England and Scotland?

Turkey is an emerging market aswell with its own football infrastructure already in place. If it had the economic/infrastructure ingredients present in Western Europe which make their leagues so strong, it would today have one of the biggest leagues on the planet. They are not short on markets; they have 15 cities that have a population of over 400,000. What on earth do they need Baku for? Not to mention the agitation it would cause for Turkish fans having a foreign team occupy a place (and don't bring up Welsh teams in England).

Turkish football isn't even close to fulfilling its potential, but it will do so on its own with the clubs it has within its borders. They are one of the few European countries that don't need outside assistance in football. It's the peripheral countries like Azerbaijan hoping something comes of the regional/European league in the future.
MS20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 06:53 PM   #75
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

What are you discussing here??? No Azerbaijani teams are going to join the Turkish league. Full stop for this offtop.
Old December 1st, 2011, 07:09 PM   #76
Evil78

Likes (Received): 2700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galandar View Post
What are you discussing here??? No Azerbaijani teams are going to join the Turkish league. Full stop for this offtop.

It's not just this discussion, but the whole thread should be at least moved! (...to the "proposed" section). I mean how is this stadium U/C, if the thread has been opened almost 2 years ago, and since then we didn't even see one bucket of cement for the new construction??? Is there nobody in Baku (pop.~2mill.), who has internet connection, and could upload an update on this project? (i mean we are talking about a 65k olympic stadium...nobody in Baku/Azerb. is interrested on how the construction works are going for this venue? )
Evil78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2011, 12:14 AM   #77
Xtreminal
Azeri Dragon

Likes (Received): 2089

Evil78, stadium is U/C. It is just we can't get photos
Old December 3rd, 2011, 02:28 AM   #78
michał_

Likes (Received): 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil78 View Post

It's not just this discussion, but the whole thread should be at least moved! (...to the "proposed" section). I mean how is this stadium U/C, if the thread has been opened almost 2 years ago, and since then we didn't even see one bucket of cement for the new construction??? Is there nobody in Baku (pop.~2mill.), who has internet connection, and could upload an update on this project? (i mean we are talking about a 65k olympic stadium...nobody in Baku/Azerb. is interrested on how the construction works are going for this venue? )
Contrary to Bucharest this one is being built in a pretty inconvenient location in the outskirts of Baku, on a land that is not inhabited and was very neglected for years.

And if you really need to insult Azerbaijan with your civilisation issues maybe you should consider that not everybody there has to be interested the tiniest bit about your needs, not mentioning that the world does not end at or limit to SSC.
michał_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #79
Evil78

Likes (Received): 2700

Quote:
Originally Posted by michał_ View Post
Contrary to Bucharest this one is being built in a pretty inconvenient location in the outskirts of Baku, on a land that is not inhabited and was very neglected for years.

And if you really need to insult Azerbaijan with your civilisation issues maybe you should consider that not everybody there has to be interested the tiniest bit about your needs, not mentioning that the world does not end at or limit to SSC.
I didn't insult anybody. But i ask you one question: What is the meaning of this thread? (if no photos, no updates of ANY KIND?) This is a forum (with one of the biggest traffics on the net), so if i open a thread in a certain section, than i expect to find at least a minimum of information about its subject. I didn't say that the world is all about SSC, don't put words in my mouth, but its kind of ridiculous that the Azeri members keep telling us that it's U/C, but that they can't get photos (???).... Don't you think? I mean it's 2012 in a few days (21st Century).
Anyway...sorry for bothering you with my stupid demands. I was just curious how this ambitious 65k olympic stadium project is going. Nothing more... Weren't you curious when they started to build all those stadiums in Poland, Ukraine, Olympic stadium in London, Sochi, etc.etc. to follow the building process? I mean isn't this what this forum is all about? To say that the stadium is under construction for more than one year, BUT not to be able to get ONE single photo or something is...strange, to say the least. And we are talking about Azerbaijan, one of the fastest developing countries in the world, not North Koreea, where everything is a state secret.
Evil78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #80
Galandar
Azərbaycanlı Moderator

Evil78, the latest information I got is that the official status is under construction but due to a preparation for ESC 2012 and FIFA U-17 Women' World Cup 2012 and a big number of other construction works in sports the start of the active stage of the construction is left to 2012. Further, they are doing some more ground works on the site of the future stadium.

Here is some of those under construction venues I mentioned above:

- Reconstruction of Tofig Bahramov Stadium (32 000)
- Construction of Baku Crystal Hall (25 000)
- Construction of Gymnastics Arena (7000)
- Construction of a stadium at 8KM district in Baku (15 000)
- Construction of a stadium at Bayil district in Baku (5 000)
- Reconstruction of Shafa Stadium (8200)
- Reconstruction of Sumgayit City Stadium (20 000)
- Construction of Gabala City Stadium (17 000)
Advertisement

Tags
baku, european games 2015, stadium, uefa euro 2020