MILAN - Stadio Giuseppe Meazza / San Siro (80,018) - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 22nd, 2004, 12:43 PM   #21
ManchesterISwonderful
Sometimes I, fan-ta-sise

Likes (Received): 0

I liked Inter's team during the late 80's. I thought they were a decent outfit.

Prefer the one we knocked out in CL 99, though.

Forza United!
ManchesterISwonderful no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 22nd, 2004, 01:59 PM   #22
gruber

Likes (Received): 17027

also me...i prefer the 88-89-90 team.

Zenga
Bergomi
Ferri
Mandorlini
Brehme
Matteoli
Berti
Diaz
Bianchi
Matthaus
Serena (Klinsmann)

...i don't rember the Man Utd - Inter...match....i don't rember....why???

but our nightmare is Real Madrid.
i saw at San Siro 4 SF lost in 6 years when i was young!!!

Champions' Cup 1980-81
Semi-Finals
Real Madrid Esp Internazionale Ita 2-0 0-1

European Cup Winners' Cup 1982-83
Semi-Finals
Internazionale Ita Real Madrid Esp 1-1 1-2

UEFA Cup 1984-85
Semi-Finals
Internazionale Ita Real Madrid Esp 2-0 0-3

UEFA Cup 1985-86
Semi-Finals
Internazionale Ita Real Madrid Esp 3-1 1-5aet
gruber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2004, 06:40 PM   #23
ManchesterISwonderful
Sometimes I, fan-ta-sise

AC had three Dutch, you had three Germans. A derby within a derby.

Must say the AC Milan team of the late 80's were awesome. Perhaps the best team I've seen...... I can recall them playing United off the park in a friendly fixture at Old Trafford. They were simply on a different level.

Another great side I've seen play is the Juve side from 1984. They had Boniek, Platini, Zoff, Rossi and half of the Italian national side. They were a very powerful unit...... altho' they only just beat us in the CWC semi that year. I think it was a goal in the 90th by Rossi, in Turin which knocked us out. In the previous round, we beat Maradona's Barcelona. My childhood hero Bryan Robson, gave a virtouso display, to help is recover from 2-0 defeat in the first leg, to pull through with a 3-2 agg win. The only other performance I can compare with it, is Keane's against Juverntus in 99.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 26th, 2004, 10:10 AM   #24
gruber

yes, the Inter-Milan matches were very strong in that years.
normally Inter won the most part of the derbies, and Milan....won the Championship and the C1.....

i saw all that teams play, and the strongest, in my opinion was the Milan of Sacchi, with the greatest number of stars that i saw in my life!
stars that composed a Team. not as the Real Madrid of this days!
Donadoni, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Ancelotti, Maldini, Baresi...
i don't like Milan...but they played in heaven!
also the Juve of Platini, Rossi, Boniek was very strong...but was not so beautiful to watch.
other great teams that i saw are the UTD with Cantona, the Great Liverpool in the beginnings of the 80's with Keegan and then the great Dalglish, Neal, Kennedy, Souness; the Maradona's Napoli (ok, i know that he's don't loved in England...and also in all Italy except Napoli...and i hate him as Man...but he was the Perfect Player! i saw him play in Italy for many years....and every sunday he made a gift! i saw Pelè only at the end of his career at NY Cosmos...i saw Crujiff play in the end of the 70's...great!...i never saw Di Stefano or Garrincha....but for me, the greatest of the last 30 years is Maradona!).

other great team were the Barcelona of Romario, Stoitchkov and Laudrup, the Bayern with Beckenbauer, Muller, Breitner, Hoeness!

and also the Milan of Capello in the mid 90's was a great team. sometimes a little bit boring, but they won all and in that years...more or less all the Golden Ball played in the Milan:
Van Basten, Gullit, Papin, Weah...+ Savicevic, Boban, Desailly (the young one!!!) Simone, Lentini (the strongest italian of that years. but he was an idiot an he crashed on the highway....and today he play in the 3° league) + the old Baresi, Maldini, Donadoni....

....and Inter...suks! shit!!

ps
the Juve of that years have more than half of the Worl Champions National Team!
they have:
Zoff
Cabrini
Gentile
Tardelli
Scirea
Causio
Rossi

7 players + Platini + Boniek!!!
Old July 27th, 2004, 12:49 AM   #25
ManchesterISwonderful
Sometimes I, fan-ta-sise

Capello's team was indeed very good....but I agree Saachi's was better.

Also Ajax from the mid 90's. Now they were a great team. Played awesome stuff. I saw them wipe the floor with Real in Madrid, breathtaking they were to watch. And Ajax of the early 70's......but I wasn't old enough then.

Btw. Our best ever side is the Busby Babes. The ones that died in the 58 plane crash in Munich. Sadly, we never saw their true potential. But most belive they would've conquered Europe, like Real did. Duncan Edwards, is our greatest ever player(infront of Best), he was one of those who died in Munich.

As for Napoli. I liked them. Not a great 'team' but they had the greatest ever player to play the game..... Maradona. He would've made any mediocre team, champions. That's how great he was. He played at Old Trafford the round before Juventus semi. Sadly, I didn't go. But atleast I got to watch the great Juve team.

And yes, Liverpool did have a great side in late 70's early 80's(it pains me to say ) They were the bench mark in England for so long.

Not anymore though.
Old July 27th, 2004, 09:40 AM   #26
gruber

yes, i know the Man utd story!
i red more times about Duncan Edwards, he was a great player!

also in Italy a great team with great players died in the 1949 plane crash!
it was the GRANDE TORINO (the Great Turin).
the plane crashed on the Hill of Superga, the hill on the east side of the city of Turin.
the Torino won the Italian Championship in the 1943, 1946, 1947, 1948, 1949.
and in the 1944 & 1945 the League was stopped by the war!
the captain and the strongest player of that team was VALENTINO MAZZOLA, a man of Milano, that before played in the Venice Team, and in the 1943 was transferd to Torino.
the old men, the old sport journalists talk about him as the Strongest Italian Player of every time, better than Meazza (he was the leader of Italian team 2 time World Champion and of the Inter f.c. for 15 years). a lot of people compare Mazzola V. to Di Stefano: both midfielder that play in all the field. and both scored hundreds of goals!
he was topscorer of the League in the 1947 and score 108 goals in 216 matches! as miedfielder!!!
he won 5 Championship and 1 Italian cup with Torino and 1 Italian Cuo with Venezia.
in that time didn't existed the European cup, there were only the Tournè. the teams went around Europe and South America to play against the strongest team of each country.
and Torino won the 90% of that matches.
in the spring 1949 the Torino was invicted to play in Lisbon to the celebration matche of the Captain of the Benfica Lisbon.
they went, they won, they never came back!

at that tima Valentino Mazzola was tha father of two young children.
both will play in the Italian Serie A, and one will be very famous: Sandro Mazzola, the leader of Inter F.C. from 1960 to 1975 that with the Great Inter won 4 Championships, 2 European Cups, 2 Intercontinental Cups!
Sandro Mazzola was under "control" of the newspapers for all his young life. all Italy thinked that he will be great as his father.
but when he was only 16 and play his first match in Serie A with Inter (and scored a Goal in the match most important in the Serie A: Inter-Juve!) there was too much pression on him.
He changed sport! he played Basketball!!!
and he was a so good sport man...that he played some matches with the Olimpia Milano, one of the strongest team of Europe in Basketball that was Italian and European Champions in that years!!!
fortunally some months later he changed again and came back to play football with Inter!

about Napoli...i'm not sure that was not a good team.
when they won the first "scudetto" in the 87 in the team played:
Maradona (...), Careca (very, very strong!), Alemao (similar to Roy Keane), Bagni (another one Keane!!!), Bruno Giordano (an Italian player, goalscorer not so bad), and they have a difensive line not famous..or glamour...but very strong.

ciao.

Last edited by gruber; July 27th, 2004 at 09:46 AM.
Old August 5th, 2004, 12:33 PM   #27
gruber

aerial view of the Stadium and the Hippodrome

live at San Siro

other pics

Last edited by gruber; August 5th, 2004 at 12:39 PM.
Old August 17th, 2004, 08:52 AM   #28
Len
Saying hi from Australia

Likes (Received): 2

Forza Juventus!!!
Len no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2004, 03:27 PM   #29
gruber

more pics

[

San Siro in the 1926:

San siro in the 50's

today

Rolling Stones live at S.Siro

Last edited by gruber; September 13th, 2004 at 03:48 PM.
Old September 13th, 2004, 03:36 PM   #30
therock
Italian utent

Likes (Received): 5

Gruber io non vedo le ultime foto!
therock no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2004, 03:47 PM   #31
gruber

caz*§@&%....me le hanno segate tutte.....sono quei siti maledetti che non permettono di usare le foto....
Old September 13th, 2004, 03:52 PM   #32
Imperial
The Wealth of Nations

Likes (Received): 5

San siro is the best stadium in Italy
Imperial no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2004, 06:30 PM   #33
gruber

Many Cup Finals were played at San Siro Stadium:

Champions Cup/Champions League:
1965 Inter-Benfica 1-0
1970 Feyenoord-Celtic 2-1 aet
2001 Bayern-Valencia 1-1 aet (5-4 p.)

Uefa Cup
1991 Inter-Roma 2-0
1994 Inter-Salzburg 1-0
1995 Juventus-Parma 1-1
1997 Inter-Schalke04 1-0 aet (1-4 p.)

Central Europe Cup
1933 Inter-Austria Vienna 2-1

(The first major international cup for club teams, an idea of the Austrian Hugo Meisl. The decision to organise an international club competition was taken on July 16 and 17, 1927 in Venice, Italy, and the first matches were played on August 14 of the same year.
In the first two seasons, two teams each from Hungary, Austria, Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia entered; in 1929 the Yugoslav sides were replaced by Italian ones. After an initial discussion to reorganise the competition into a league (an idea eventually rejected due to scheduling problems), participation was extended in 1934 to four entrants of each of the four countries; in 1936 four teams from Switzerland were admitted (all eliminated in a preliminary round), and in 1937 clubs from Romania, Switzerland and Yugoslavia entered the competition, with no country having more than 3 entrants; after the Anschluß of Austria to Germany in 1938, no clubs from there entered and the other three major countries entered four teams again. The last edition, in 1939, only had 8 teams again (two of the big three and one each from Romania and Yugoslavia). An edition in 1940 was started but abandoned due to World War II.
Austria, Italy, Hungary, and Czechoslovakia were undoubtedly the strongest countries in continental Europe in the late twenties and thirties, and the first to introduce professional football on the continent (Austria 1924, Czechoslovakia 1925, Hungary 1926). The Cup therefore carried a prestige only comparable with the Champions' Cup of later decades.)

Latin Cup
1951 Milan-Lille 5-1
1956 Milan-Atlethic Bilbao 3-1

(After the Central Europe Cup, the second important cup for club teams in Europe. It was played from 1949 to 1957 between the champions of France, Italy, Portugal, and Spain. After every four competitions, a country ranking was made based on the club performances in those years. After the introduction of the European Cups, it disappeared.)

European Super Cup

1973 Milan-Ajax 1-0
1989 Milan-Barcelona 1-0
1990 Milan-Sampdoria Genova 2-0
1993 Milan-Parma 0-2
1994 Milan-Arsenal 2-0
Old October 28th, 2004, 12:58 PM   #34
Len
Saying hi from Australia

San Siro is without a doubt the Capital of Football....
Old October 28th, 2004, 01:59 PM   #35
Genç
re re re ra ra ra

Likes (Received): 68

The San Siro is a magnificent stadium! IMO, one of the best in Europe
I saw the Milan derby on Eurosport last weekend, and what an atmosphere!
80,000 fans created a great noise - shame about the result though, Inter should have won
Genç no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2004, 06:14 PM   #36
Loranga
Hoj!

Likes (Received): 4

Why is it always so foggy in the arena in the evenings?
Loranga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2004, 06:30 PM   #37
gruber

isn't fog!
are overexposed photos or supporters gaz bombs.
Old October 28th, 2004, 06:41 PM   #38
Genç
re re re ra ra ra

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruber
supporters gaz bombs.
naughty
Genç no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2004, 11:45 AM   #39
Len
Saying hi from Australia

Hehe........ yeh, but in the evening at nearly every match at the San Siro....there always seems to be smoke.....
Old October 29th, 2004, 12:30 PM   #40
gruber

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
giuseppe meazza, italy, milan, milano, san siro