for those who like writing - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > Creative Corner

Creative Corner » 2D drawings | 3D designs | Stadium Design | Scale Models | Game Corner

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 28th, 2016, 11:49 PM   #1
Onigiri

Likes (Received): 9

for those who like writing

Hi everyone, i originally posted this in the wrong forum but here I go.
I am trying to publish an architecture book - it's a novel, but since the main character is a young architect it involves a lot of technical details, kind of introducing the field to people who know little about it. At least that's my vision, I am still working on it and it will be a long process. So if anyone else actually has any experience publishing (anything really), I would appreciate any advice - I am still at the very beginning of this journey. Thanks a lot!

Capricornium liked this post
Onigiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 5th, 2016, 12:33 AM   #2
Capricornium
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4172

Is it going to be a bout...

Love?

Conspiracy?

Esoterism?

Relgious?

Mystic?

Sex?

Thriller?

War?

Infidelity?

Immigration?

or is it only going to be about Beams, Columns, Inertia momentums, Brics, AutoCAD...?
Capricornium no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2016, 06:05 PM   #3
Onigiri

Likes (Received): 9

Haha god no, that would be.. too dry. No, it would be about a little bit of all of that - basically life. I just want it to have the path of an architect as the background story, but I want it to be accessible to anyone. It's just an idea at this point so I am happy for any suggestions and constructive criticism, but I could really need some advice on the publishing process.
I already talked to a publishing house in London who seemed nice and open-minded - novum publishing - but there are still many unanswered questions about the whole publishing progress. They are happy to advise me but I thought it's always good to get second and third opinions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Onigiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 27th, 2017, 12:28 PM   #4
amalaroy

Likes (Received): 0

Hi friend,
I’m a freelance writer. I’m completed many essays articles and books. Now I’m writing about, studying abroad students. Mainly focusing design studies abroad. I think it’s very important topic in students those are searching studies in abroad. And I congratulated for you for taking this responsibility. The advertise for books as a entire currently faces a lot of challenges and that means challenges for publishers in the field of arts, architecture, and design as well as anybody else. But these challenges are not just aggressive alive market positions. I suffer that, even more, they are give us the chance to move forward and clutch all other media formats to do what we do finest: explore visual culture and tell the stories of that culture in motivating, helpful, and amazing ways. We consider that our viewers will see sufficient value in that to also pay for this content.
amalaroy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2017, 03:38 AM   #5
mrandyyp

Likes (Received): 4

great Idea I wanna be writer too
mrandyyp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement