Need Help in identifying photo location, UK, 1907 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 14th, 2019, 03:05 PM   #1
heightdetective

Likes (Received): 0

Need Help in identifying photo location, UK, 1907

Hi everyone. I am trying to identify the location in this photo based on the building visible in this photo. click on photo to view larger version
0BE8977C-7154-4DB0-A064-7C8B7339AC2A.jpg

Photo is showing tyrolean giantess Maria Fassnauer together with her sister to her left and english manager to her right. The other people are unknown.
The photo is taken in 1907 during her tour in the UK.

so far i have...

searched for buildings with housenumber 66 in some of the cities I know she visited, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, Hull, and some more.
Searched in UKs listed buildings archive for words such as.. pilasters, stairs and so on.

Does anyone recognise the specific building, or building type?
Are there any architectural details that leads to any specific city or type of building.

Do anyone know what research that can be done further to pin down the specific building?
I am thankful for any answer, and yes, I do realize that this is a needle in a haystack .
have a great day!
heightdetective no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 17th, 2019, 02:01 AM   #2
beni_cal

There's this other picture with the exact same clothes on the three of them. It says "WHITE" but that's a hard term to google for it that happens to be the photographer.

There are professional studio photos from George Henry Hana's Studio in London so one could assume these two were taken somewhere else...but who knows?

Last edited by beni_cal; July 17th, 2019 at 02:07 AM.
beni_cal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2019, 01:53 PM   #3
JJ Katz

Likes (Received): 30

That could be literally anywhere. It looks like a domestic building, probably a rather large / high-end terraced house, probably second half of the 19th century.
JJ Katz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 19th, 2019, 07:24 AM   #4
heightdetective

Quote:
Originally Posted by beni_cal View Post
There's this other picture with the exact same clothes on the three of them. It says "WHITE" but that's a hard term to google for it that happens to be the photographer.

There are professional studio photos from George Henry Hana's Studio in London so one could assume these two were taken somewhere else...but who knows?
thank you for your reply! I have noticed that before, the three of them wearing the same clothes, even the umbrella is there, possibly taken the same day. I contacted a photo historician and even had a list of photograph studios named White throughout the country during the actual period, so far nothing. But probably this is the best clue so far.
Old July 19th, 2019, 07:25 AM   #5
heightdetective

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Katz View Post
That could be literally anywhere. It looks like a domestic building, probably a rather large / high-end terraced house, probably second half of the 19th century.
thank you for your reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement