MISC | Fantasy Network Maps - Page 94 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 26th, 2019, 08:45 AM   #1861
nomadicnotes

Likes (Received): 551

I've created a Ho Chi Minh City Metro concept map - "If Saigon had a subway like Shanghai".

View full size here

antoinetonee liked this post
nomadicnotes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 2nd, 2019, 07:06 PM   #1862
gemer

Likes (Received): 103

My Krakow tram network fantasy map. Some extension options are planned in future, some impossibilities included too...

For full version click here

1993matias, mitteleuropean liked this post
gemer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2019, 07:34 PM   #1863
Alargule
The man. The legend.

Likes (Received): 3096

A fantasy map of my fantasy city 'Maysoo' (just browse this thread to see some earlier posts on this city):

link to super mega detailed PDF version

GojiMet86 liked this post
Alargule no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 5th, 2019, 04:50 PM   #1864
mitteleuropean

Likes (Received): 0

The map of Krakow is super, and I like very much the ideea of continuing the tram tunnel from Dworzec Głowny to Armii Krajowej. I also think is very good that you freed the tram ring around the center of so many tram lines as they are in the present.
Where I have some doubts is about the fact that you haven't included in the map some future lines that are in plan or under construction like the direct connections between Kurdanow and Łagienicki or between Krowodrza Gorka and Gorka Narodowa. Also I don't see the point to prolonge the tram lines outside the city: to Wieliczka where there is train line S1 or to Zielonki (too small village). Plus the tram lines are becoming too long. Look at tram line 6 from Wieliczka to Batowice with the huge detour through the western parts of the city. It's simple not possible to mantain a stable freequency on such a long line. It's nice that you created a terminal to Kombinat, but bad that you haven't mantained tram line between Kombinat and Kopiec Wandy. I also don't see any sense to create 3 tram branches from Rondo Barei towords the center: via Rakowicka, via Rondo Mogilskie and via Wieczysta. 2 of them would be enough, and the one to Wieczysta could be prolonged to Aleja Pokoju. It would make a little more sense for line 24 as you created it.
About line numbering, it is a pity that number 15 is not allocated, but instead you created line 27 outside the normal range. I understand that 2x are secondary lines with low freequency, but for the purpose of harmony, you could have reduced tram 14 to Łagiewniki, so that 27 to Czerwony Mąki could have a better freequency and be renumbered 15.
mitteleuropean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement