[MNE] Montenegro | road infrastructure • Auto-putevi / Aуто-путеви - Page 55 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 19th, 2019, 09:36 AM   #1081
stickedy

Likes (Received): 191

It would be better to prohibit big buses to use it. It's not really necessary for buses to go there. Vor visit of mount Lovcen they could use the road over Cetinje. And without buses everything would be fine on that road.

In the past bevor tunnel Vrmac was built, a lot of main traffic including trucks was using this road, it was very busy. But cars and trucks were smaller these days...
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 21st, 2019, 01:31 AM   #1082
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Moracica bridge today...should be completed by end of summer:

An impressive bridge!
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2019, 10:08 PM   #1083
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 641

Has there been any news about the expected toll for this route?
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 7th, 2019, 08:57 PM   #1084
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 641

Quote:
Sometime in the near future, hopefully, we will see some funding free up for a crucial project in my area...the long announced (I remember my grandfather telling me about it) project for a new magistral road connecting Kotor & Tivat via my town of Prcanj, replacing the current coastal road that has very much outlived its purpose
Haha, I've been to that monastery! I went to Prcanj for my honeymoon years ago, and we climbed up there. I was back in Prcanj last October and not much has changed, really.

It's definitely one of my favourite places in the world, but that coastal road is terrifying when you drive towards Lepetane from Kotor. If you're familiar with it - I got very, very drunk on rakija at the Lanterna restaurant next to here(where we stayed - a lovely little apartment).

I'm surprised that they want to build a new road there, I thought they would just funnel all the traffic towards the roundabout next to Tivat Airport and then let the traffic move from there. I suppose Prcanj will be terribly crowded if the bridge is built, though.

CrazySerb liked this post
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2019, 11:35 AM   #1085
vadimz

Likes (Received): 531

Hello to all.
Thanks for supporting the topic thread, specially for supporting it in English

Do you have any rumors, official information or own time estimates about completing of current A1 section? And what's next after it?

Being catched few days ago by radar control (70 km/h instead of 50 km/h) on old road I am depressed and want to drive 130 km/h legal
vadimz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2019, 11:18 AM   #1086
threo2k

Likes (Received): 32

Could you create a map showing the segments of this motorway with dates of completion of each segment?
threo2k no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2019, 03:22 PM   #1087
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2874

sure, the currently u/c section is one segment but hopefully not the last one. The whole motorway connection won't be completed in 2020

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AL, AND, B, BG, BIH, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, GR, H, HR, I, IRL, L, LV, LT, M, MC, N, NL, NMK, P, PL, RO, RSM, S, SK, SLO, USA, V (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2019, 03:52 PM   #1088
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 208

When you say, "the whole motorway connection won't be completed in 2020" do you mean from the coast to border with Serbia? Because I don't see that entire section complete until 2025 at the earliest.
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2019, 04:07 PM   #1089
MichiH

yep. The 41km u/c is an important but still just a small segment of the whole future transit motorway. I'm also curious whether there is a "master plan" (but don't think that there is any reliable schedule).

Been/driven: A, AL, AND, B, BG, BIH, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, GR, H, HR, I, IRL, L, LV, LT, M, MC, N, NL, NMK, P, PL, RO, RSM, S, SK, SLO, USA, V (My cumulative travel mapping)
Old May 14th, 2019, 04:08 PM   #1090
vadimz

Likes (Received): 531

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiboy View Post
When you say, "the whole motorway connection won't be completed in 2020" do you mean from the coast to border with Serbia? Because I don't see that entire section complete until 2025 at the earliest.
Current section to be completed in 2020. The rest is dreams.
P.S. Thanks about date, btw.
vadimz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2019, 04:58 PM   #1091
nikicakica

Likes (Received): 299

Something about other sections:

Quote:
Speaking about other sections, as he said, there is considerable interesting in them.

"We have started talks with European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), which is interested in co-financing second section with 20% of its price. We have asked European Commission (EC) for 20% grant and we are waiting their response," explained Nurković (Minister of Transport and Maritime Affairs).

According to his words, if they provide 40% of total price of the section, they will bid remaining 60% for PPP.

Nurković said that other option is to get offer from the contractor of the priority section which is interested in making a deal.

"It is sure that we will bid everything we will do in upcoming period," added Nurković.

According to his words, second and third sections will become more attractive when first section is completed, and in support of that also goes construction in Serbia.

"I hope that construction of section from Mateševo to Andrijevica will begin even before completion of this section (Smokovac-Mateševo)," said Nurković.
nikicakica está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2019, 05:07 PM   #1092
MichiH

How old is the report?

Old May 14th, 2019, 05:18 PM   #1093
MichiH

I found this: https://wbif.eu/news-and-events/star...-in-montenegro

Quote:
Start of the WBIF Technical Assistance for Bar – Boljare Highway Phase II on the Orient/East-Med Corridor in Montenegro

29 January 2019: As part of a joint EU – Montenegro initiative to improve transport infrastructure on the Indicative Extension of the TEN-T Core Network, the preparation of the Preliminary Design and Environmental and Social Impact Assessment for the road section Matesevo – Andrijevica on the Bar – Boljare Highway started in earnest at the kick-off meeting with the beneficiary authorities.

The technical assistance is funded by a €3.1 million EU grant allocated by the WBIF for the development of the technical documentation and sound environmental conditions for the construction of a 21 km-long highway section between Matesevo and Andrijevica on the Bar – Boljare Highway. It is implemented by the Infrastructure Project Facility 7 and European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) as Lead IFI for the Ministry of Transport and Maritime Affairs of Montenegro and the Directorate for State Roads.
This support is complemented by €3.7 million EU grants awarded by the WBIF for project preparation for Bar – Boljare Highway. These concern the preparation of the Feasibility Study and Cost-Benefit Analysis for the entire highway and of the Preliminary Design and Environmental and Social Impact Assessment for Podgorica Bypass on the same road.
Bar – Boljare Highway is part of the extension of the Orient/East-Med Corridor to the Western Balkans along Route 4, which will create a seamless road link from the border with Romania via Belgrade to Podgorica and the Port of Bar at the Adriatic Sea. The investments in this road interconnection are in line with the EU accession priorities and are of national, regional and international significance for the Western Balkans, as they will improve the level of service and road safety, reduce emissions and lower vehicle operating costs on the North-South road backbone in Montenegro to the border with Serbia, facilitate trade flows with the countries in the region and have a positive impact on the broader economy of Montenegro, its citizens, and neighbouring countries as well.
Additional information on the project can be found here.

Old May 14th, 2019, 05:48 PM   #1094
nikicakica

Likes (Received): 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
How old is the report?
May 3rd, 2019.
Text which I quoted is from this report.

MichiH liked this post
nikicakica está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2019, 06:30 PM   #1095
stickedy

I can also remember that I read somewhere that Matesevo - Andrijevica is the next planned step.

Which make sense since the current direct road from Matesevo to Andrijevica is not suitable for truck traffic or much traffic at all. So this section is the next logical step. The rest towards Serbian border can wait till the motorways emerges on the Serbian side as well.

After that Podgorica bypass and the part towards Sozina tunel makes sense. Which is then also a lot cheaper to built...
Old May 15th, 2019, 09:01 AM   #1096
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 3838

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
I can also remember that I read somewhere that Matesevo - Andrijevica is the next planned step.

You would be lucky to get a PPP operator up in the mountains to risk 25% of their own money against the 75% coming from the government and all the toll income as well for 40 years. The traffic will simply be too low.

Give them a Podgorica Bypass, more traffic and a toll income and they might risk 50% of the cost. And the cost per km would be lower of course.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 09:04 AM   #1097
General Maximus
Are you not entertained?

Likes (Received): 750

One minute you're Russian, then you're a Serb, then you live in Toronto, then you live in Serbia...

Make up your mind, will ya?

threo2k, vectom liked this post
General Maximus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2019, 09:34 AM   #1098
stickedy

Quote:
And just in case anybody thinks that due to the perceived vast cost of this project, nothing else is being done in Montenegro at the moment....

One of our forumers came across this very nice panorama, where among other things, you can make out works on the road leading up to my village

This reminds me, I have yet to pick up the government cheque for land expropriation. I have to swing by old capital Cetinje sometime soon.

>>>> Click here <<<<
Oh Wow! They really rebuild this road? Great! You have a stunning view from there over Kotor bay and Tivat area
Old June 17th, 2019, 01:03 PM   #1099
Mα®
dark tourism

Likes (Received): 4156

Namibija, CrazySerb liked this post
Mα® no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2019, 11:55 PM   #1100
Stefan-SRB

Likes (Received): 590

Moračica Bridge captured on 14. June.
Sorry for bad quality, too much midges on the road.

Tags
crna gora