BMTC | Bengaluru Metropolitan Transport Corporation Updates - Page 186 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > Metropolitan Projects > Bengaluru

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 17th, 2019, 04:29 PM   #3701
vasanthr
vasumysore

Likes (Received): 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshyamAgain View Post
As a daily commuter on 500-CA, I think this is a bad idea, considering it is well patronized and could do with more buses, especially after 6 PM toward Banashankari (last month, I had some work at Whitefiled and multiple times ended up waiting 45 minutes for a bus around 6PM). These buses go full toward Banashankari, and are well patronized along BTM, Jayadeva and Ragigudda. Unlike 500-D, which are numerous and seem mostly empty when I wait for 500-CA in the evenings.

I feel there are still too many commuters between ORR - BTM/Jayanagar/JP Nagar/Banashankari who don't use these buses for various reasons, and reducing freq will only discourage existing commuters and end up making traffic worse. Changing buses at Silk board is not easy, and the upcoming construction work is going to make it even more difficult. In fact, it already has - the BTM-facing bus stop has been moved farther away and there is no good walkway to cross without jostling with traffic, now that a new e-city->BTM left turn alignment has been built. Add poor lighting and dust to the mix - no one will want walk that 200 metres. The only good "changing at Silk board" option is to take some e-city bound bus, avoid the traffic via the service road, and get down near the signal and take a 500-CA already waiting at the signal. Not ideal, but that's the best one can do on a regular basis.

In the mornings, right from 7 AM, most -CAs fill up by Udupi garden itself and are at standing only by the time the bus reaches Silk board. No point discouraging these commuters with an additional changeover in a construction zone.

Having said that, the 500-E suggestion is a good idea to avoid the Silk Board wait, but I am not sure if the commuting patterns justify it. BMTC had recently introduced a 505-E between ITPL and e-city, and I have taken it multiple times to save time, or because no 500-CA showed up for a while (another plug for more -CA buses ). My observation has been that most commuters end up getting down at Silk Board itself. Not sure if this is a consistent pattern through the evening, but given the relatively lower frequency of these buses, BMTC perhaps feels the same. Maybe they could try Volvos on the 600 series instead - not sure why they haven't done that. A lot of people wait and board 500-CA Volvos at Silk Board, clearly having changed from other routes. A V-600EW flyover service should be quite popular, I'd think.
Nice observations and nice points being a daily commuter. I agree that many 500-D s run empty and so are many Agara ending buses which tests your patience when you are waiting for a Banashankari Bound bus. There is lot of demand for Banashankari bound bus. Changing the bus at Silkboard makes the travel very expensive and crossing the Silkboard by walk is hell on earth. BMTC is not serving the pattern what people want. It is taking inputs from non Volvo travellers and discontinuing Volvos which is weird.

From South and West Bengaluru, there is lot of demand for Manyatha Tech Park Volvo which is not being provided, so is the case for Electronic City , Inner Ring Road connecting Indiranagar metro - EGL - Dell - Sonyworld. They are unnecessarily discontinuing Volvo stating it should run 300kms per day. In other RTCs, it may run, but the ticket pricing has to be kept very low.

arshyamAgain liked this post
vasanthr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ksrtc