East-West Rail Diliman to Lerma|9.4-kms.|11 Stations - Page 4 - SkyscraperCity
 

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways


Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old June 16th, 2018, 10:48 AM   #61
gulp01
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 76
Likes (Received): 393

are you guys saying that church is "above the law"???

You need to take note that former Pres PNOY signed a law back in 2016 before he stepped down to facilitate faster acquisition of row. Therefore, kesehoda kung ano namang sabihin ng simbahan, Philippine govt can expropriate any private land that benefits the majority. This is part of the national rail plan ever since and only from this time it can be realized.

We should be able to hear DOTr before the end of this year regarding the status of this metro line so it can be inaugurated before Pres DU30's term ends by 2022.

This line is supposedly the extension of MRT-7 and a precursor replacement of Manila BRT as per JICA 2030 Dream Plan. Now, Tugade is contemplating whether to push the BRT line or grant original proponent status for East West Rail (EWR) consortium as both traverse majority routes of the university corridor.

My take is to push for both as the train will serve market where faster connection is needed and BRT will serve market in between MRT stations similar to how jeepneys are operating but in an organized fashion.
__________________

Sky_Higher, eldre456, tambay328 liked this post
gulp01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 16th, 2018, 11:37 AM   #62
nelo--
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 494
Likes (Received): 602

DOTr keeps on failing us.

Etong rail proposal e hanggang ngayon wala pa ring balita. May existing BRT plan na gustong i-shelve.

Tapos ang gustong ipalit? Modern electronic jeepneys daw )))

Quote:
Roque also enumerated the routes of the modern electronic jeepney. The routes
where the e-jeepneys would pass was determined by the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board.

- Quezon City Hall (along Elliptical Road, Diliman) to Manila City Hall

- Cultural Center of the Philippines, Philippine International Convention Center in Pasay City to Southwest intermodal Transport Exchange in Parañaque City,

- Fort Bonifacio Gate 3 in Taguig City to Guadalupe market in Makati City,

- And Bagumbayan in Taguig to Pasig City
source

Dyusko!
__________________

Sky_Higher, chestersim, baybum7 liked this post
nelo-- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2018, 12:18 PM   #63
jp1032
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,037
Likes (Received): 2923

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelo-- View Post
DOTr keeps on failing us.

Etong rail proposal e hanggang ngayon wala pa ring balita. May existing BRT plan na gustong i-shelve.

Tapos ang gustong ipalit? Modern electronic jeepneys daw )))



source

Dyusko!
Problema sa mga individual jeepneys, kanya kanyang mentality kung bibiyahe or hindi lalo na kapag malakas ulan or rush hour. May mga jeepneys na hihinto sa loading station na nang-aasar tapos hindi pala magsasakay dahil daw pauwi na raw at matraffic.


Maganda yan electronic jeepney kung may dedicated loading/unloading station tapos may ETA arrival/departure sa mga stations.
jp1032 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2018, 01:15 PM   #64
alvingod
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 564
Likes (Received): 474



Dapat sa jeepney modernization ginawa ding 1 route/1 operator ang franchise. Tapos yun operator na yun ang in-charge sa ruta na may proper stops at terminal. Sya narin dapat mag sub-franchise sa mga gusto pumasada. Para mas maayos hindi yun laging agawan ng pasahero o kaya naghihintay ng matagal sa mga kanto
__________________

s_w_stars liked this post
alvingod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2018, 08:47 AM   #65
223063892
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 105
Likes (Received): 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Higher View Post
EWR via Earnshaw/Bustillos? Pwede pero masyado nang mahal yun kung i-r-revise pa, lalo kung magdadag ng stations sa Lergarda connecting MRT-2, Ayala Bridge, Nat'l Museum/City Hall at Manila Hotel/Rizal Park saka mahabang proseso yun lalo't dadaan pa sa feasibility study (kahit sa tingin mo, feasible) ng developer at ng NEDA. For me, i'll stick to the original alignment, tapos i-redevelop to

Kaya hindi nagkaroon ng anti-flood infra (interceptor ata), yung underpass at flyover sa Espana at Lacson at rail line fronting UST is not just because of safety and security concerns, noise barriers para hindi mag-interrupt masyado yung mga classes sa bawat buildings, accessibility to campus, dahil ang dami ding dadaanan na proseso para matuloy yan - informing the Holy See (as in sa Santo Papa) for the infra due to its Pontifical status, proper consultation between the stakeholders and proponents of the project, contingency plans ng both parties on how will the construction be conducted, and many more.

Donated din kasi yung lupa na yan na pagmamay-ari originally ng isang Francesca Bustamante Bayot kaya dadaan din sa pamilya na yan ang project.
That's not forward looking at mas magastos yan in the long run on ROW issues kung biglang terminated sa Recto. Mas mabuti ng e one-time big-time na yan.

Tama ka na donation lang iyung Sulucan land ng Sampaloc on condition that the donee executes charity hence the clinical division of the UST hospital.
223063892 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2018, 07:11 AM   #66
eldrararawr
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 77
Likes (Received): 94

Some info on the East-West rail (based on the docs they submitted to NEDA)

- Line terminates in Lerma, however, there is a provision for an elevated "passenger guideway" that would provide access for passengers coming from LRT-2 Recto Station and Quiapo. According to the General Design submitted, ticket gates would be placed near LRT-2 Recto Station and near Quiapo Church, tapos passengers would have to use walkalators to reach Lerma Station.

- Line is fully elevated from Lerma to Timog Avenue then it begins to go underground from EDSA station until Diliman station (which means hindi pa tapos kalbaryo sa Circle - Philcoa area). No common station with MRT-7 sa loob ng Circle, pero both lines would share a common station sa Diliman.

- Welcome Rotonda marker would be dismantled (kung matutuloy yung initial proposal)

- Here's the interesting part: Megawide submitted to PNR their proposal pala kase they were proposing an interconnection with JICA-funded South Commuter Line and the Project (hence the 'East-West' rail is the perpendicular alignment of the PNR line). The two lines would merge in what they call as the 'Espana Ramp'. Pero their proposal did not consider the (1) NLEX-SLEX connector road and (2) detailed specifications of the South Commuter [na hindi naman si PNR nagiimplement kundi si DoTr]. Malaki ang chance na hindi mag push through yung component na to (at bumaba ng onti yung $1B project price tag)

- Proposal did not also consider the Quezon Avenue station of the Subway pa, so hindi pa clear yung magiging 'layering' ng Quezon Avenue-EDSA intersection. Pati na rin Skyway Stage 3.

- Depot is underground and would be placed in the vacant UP lot across technohub

- NEDA already expressed way back that East-West is more favorable than BRT Line 1; thus, it has no objection with regards to the shelving of that single BRT route. As for the other BRTs, NEDA is still waiting for the alleged DoTr study.


I'd love to post here the Feasibility Study and the Preliminary CAD for East-West but my boss would kill me sorry huhu
__________________

s_w_stars, bondjames, tambay328 liked this post
eldrararawr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2018, 07:23 AM   #67
Sky_Higher
Soonsoo
 
Sky_Higher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Kyusi
Posts: 2,030
Likes (Received): 1306

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldrararawr View Post
- Welcome Rotonda marker would be dismantled (kung matutuloy yung initial proposal)

- Depot is underground and would be placed in the vacant UP lot across technohub

- NEDA already expressed way back that East-West is more favorable than BRT Line 1; thus, it has no objection with regards to the shelving of that single BRT route. As for the other BRTs, NEDA is still waiting for the alleged DoTr study.
Kung mawawala ang Welcome Rotonda pillars, in favor of EWR, saan naman nila ililipat yun? Or tuluyan na ba siyang gigibain? For sure, maraming heritage conservationist ang kokontra diyan.

Buti at sa ilalim ilalagay yung depot para hindi mawala masyado mga puno, lalo sa Arboretum ng UPD. But I think, required pa din na putulin mga puno diyan for the construction then i-r-replant once completed but will take years and decades.

Pero sana talaga, matuloy ang EWR na yan para sa ikabubuti ng lahat, especially students who go from north to U-Belt.
Sky_Higher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2018, 08:01 AM   #68
kratos1211
Registered User
 
kratos1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,512
Likes (Received): 983

Hindi ito magiging true underground depot ito, Magiging ala Trinoma ito. katulad sa MRT7 QC memorial and university station. nasa itaas ang concourse
__________________
IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME
kratos1211 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2018, 11:15 AM   #69
Englehart
Air, Road, Rail and Sea
 
Englehart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manila
Posts: 3,243
Likes (Received): 612

sad hindi na sya hanggang Luneta/ manila hotel
__________________
You can be Called a Certified Coupler Hunter
you must first undergo a Below The Job Training
Englehart no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2018, 02:29 AM   #70
lancetrn
Registered User
 
lancetrn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 509
Likes (Received): 207

Sorry Im not a fan of the Welcome rotonda structure. Its not like Shaftesbury of Picadilly Circus.
__________________

dipdown liked this post
lancetrn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2018, 07:44 AM   #71
galore
Registered User
 
galore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manila
Posts: 336
Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancetrn View Post
Sorry Im not a fan of the Welcome rotonda structure. Its not like Shaftesbury of Picadilly Circus.
HAHAHAHAHAHA wow
galore no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2018, 06:08 PM   #72
tambay328
#WeDaNorth
 
tambay328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Quezon City & Iloilo City, Philippines
Posts: 4,560
Likes (Received): 1787

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldrararawr View Post
Some info on the East-West rail (based on the docs they submitted to NEDA)

- Line terminates in Lerma, however, there is a provision for an elevated "passenger guideway" that would provide access for passengers coming from LRT-2 Recto Station and Quiapo. According to the General Design submitted, ticket gates would be placed near LRT-2 Recto Station and near Quiapo Church, tapos passengers would have to use walkalators to reach Lerma Station.

- Line is fully elevated from Lerma to Timog Avenue then it begins to go underground from EDSA station until Diliman station (which means hindi pa tapos kalbaryo sa Circle - Philcoa area). No common station with MRT-7 sa loob ng Circle, pero both lines would share a common station sa Diliman.

- Welcome Rotonda marker would be dismantled (kung matutuloy yung initial proposal)

- Here's the interesting part: Megawide submitted to PNR their proposal pala kase they were proposing an interconnection with JICA-funded South Commuter Line and the Project (hence the 'East-West' rail is the perpendicular alignment of the PNR line). The two lines would merge in what they call as the 'Espana Ramp'. Pero their proposal did not consider the (1) NLEX-SLEX connector road and (2) detailed specifications of the South Commuter [na hindi naman si PNR nagiimplement kundi si DoTr]. Malaki ang chance na hindi mag push through yung component na to (at bumaba ng onti yung $1B project price tag)

- Proposal did not also consider the Quezon Avenue station of the Subway pa, so hindi pa clear yung magiging 'layering' ng Quezon Avenue-EDSA intersection. Pati na rin Skyway Stage 3.

- Depot is underground and would be placed in the vacant UP lot across technohub

- NEDA already expressed way back that East-West is more favorable than BRT Line 1; thus, it has no objection with regards to the shelving of that single BRT route. As for the other BRTs, NEDA is still waiting for the alleged DoTr study.


I'd love to post here the Feasibility Study and the Preliminary CAD for East-West but my boss would kill me sorry huhu
Some points for clarification:
- Good luck na lang sa trapik pag itatayo na ang access bridges from Quiapo Church (it will be extremely long at may ticket gates pa) at sa Recto side. Saan kaya ilalagay ang station? Doon sa dulo ng Isetann?
- Why no common station sa Circle pero meron sa Diliman/Univ. Ave? May structural limitations ba? At this point underground naman ang MRT-7 QMC station kaya pwede naman i-modify para pagkasyahin ang EWR line na underground din naman. Haysus.
__________________
Spoil yourself with the fresh content of your favorite destinations, food finds, movies, memes and more: nxm lifestyle
tambay328 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2018, 04:04 AM   #73
lancetrn
Registered User
 
lancetrn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 509
Likes (Received): 207

Quote:
Originally Posted by galore View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancetrn View Post
Sorry Im not a fan of the Welcome rotonda structure. Its not like Shaftesbury of Picadilly Circus.
HAHAHAHAHAHA wow
Are you a fan of that structure?, then you wouldnt want it removed right? Hope you could enlighten me why instead of just lol, or you really have nothing to say..
lancetrn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2018, 04:04 AM   #74
jp1032
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,037
Likes (Received): 2923

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambay328 View Post
Some points for clarification:
- Good luck na lang sa trapik pag itatayo na ang access bridges from Quiapo Church (it will be extremely long at may ticket gates pa) at sa Recto side. Saan kaya ilalagay ang station? Doon sa dulo ng Isetann?
- Why no common station sa Circle pero meron sa Diliman/Univ. Ave? May structural limitations ba? At this point underground naman ang MRT-7 QMC station kaya pwede naman i-modify para pagkasyahin ang EWR line na underground din naman. Haysus.
Diba ang Lerma dun sa pababa ng underpass papuntang Quiapo, medyo malayo ito sa Quiapo Church kaya mahabang walkway papuntang LRT2 ito. Why not iextend ito sa government properties sa Manila Old Bilibid prison para maitabi na sa LRT2 or iextend na hanggang Tutuban. Pede naman nakaparallel sa LRT2 magkaiba naman yung route nila magkakaroon lang ng interchange sa Recto bago maiterminate sa Tutuban station. Problema lang talaga dun sa Old Bilibid prison yung mga squatters na kahit sunog na inabot andun pa rin.
jp1032 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2018, 05:18 AM   #75
Sky_Higher
Soonsoo
 
Sky_Higher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Kyusi
Posts: 2,030
Likes (Received): 1306

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1032 View Post
Diba ang Lerma dun sa pababa ng underpass papuntang Quiapo, medyo malayo ito sa Quiapo Church kaya mahabang walkway papuntang LRT2 ito. Why not iextend ito sa government properties sa Manila Old Bilibid prison para maitabi na sa LRT2 or iextend na hanggang Tutuban. Pede naman nakaparallel sa LRT2 magkaiba naman yung route nila magkakaroon lang ng interchange sa Recto bago maiterminate sa Tutuban station. Problema lang talaga dun sa Old Bilibid prison yung mga squatters na kahit sunog na inabot andun pa rin.
Kung pwede lang sana, ilipat na yung Manila Citt Jail sa ibang lugar like sa Pandacan, sa dating Oil Depot pero wag malapit sa Pasig River. Maganda talaga kung matutuloy yung Common Station diyan sa Sta. Cruz connecting LRT-1, MRT-2 and EWR (MRT-9).
__________________

noelmd, chestersim, tambay328, kamehameha liked this post
Sky_Higher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2018, 10:10 AM   #76
eldrararawr
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 77
Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambay328 View Post
Some points for clarification:
- Good luck na lang sa trapik pag itatayo na ang access bridges from Quiapo Church (it will be extremely long at may ticket gates pa) at sa Recto side. Saan kaya ilalagay ang station? Doon sa dulo ng Isetann?
- Why no common station sa Circle pero meron sa Diliman/Univ. Ave? May structural limitations ba? At this point underground naman ang MRT-7 QMC station kaya pwede naman i-modify para pagkasyahin ang EWR line na underground din naman. Haysus.
According to the CAD, Lerma station would be situated right after Espana Blvd turns right to Lerma street (or sa may bandang Morayta). Talagang napakalayo from Quiapo church. The elevated guideway would go under the LRT2 viaduct.

As for the QMC station, the EWR alignment kase passes through the south side of the Monument, while MRT7 passes through the north side. Mahabang lakaran rin kung maglalagay man ng connection. It makes more sense for people to transfer lines na lang sa Diliman kase parallel na yung dalawang lines dun.
eldrararawr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2018, 12:16 PM   #77
gulp01
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 76
Likes (Received): 393

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldrararawr View Post
According to the CAD, Lerma station would be situated right after Espana Blvd turns right to Lerma street (or sa may bandang Morayta). Talagang napakalayo from Quiapo church. The elevated guideway would go under the LRT2 viaduct.
can you help to pin point where exactly in the proponent's proposal the exact location of the "Lerma Station"???

We need to understand that DoTr has the FINAL say of the alignment and I don't think it makes sense that the proposed location based on your vague description will help commuters interchange efficiently.

I'd say the final location should be located next to Manila City Jail.

1) Commuters will have better transfer efficiency between LRT-2 and LRT 1 since the walking distance will be shorter.

2) Recto will be gentrified. Squatters will be removed (source of many sh*ts in that area). Manila City Jail can be transferred somewhere else. Recto will have a modern, clean and green surrounding. I can't wait for Ayala to contribute in that area and make it a touristy, walkable destination.

Quote:
As for the QMC station, the EWR alignment kase passes through the south side of the Monument, while MRT7 passes through the north side. Mahabang lakaran rin kung maglalagay man ng connection. It makes more sense for people to transfer lines na lang sa Diliman kase parallel na yung dalawang lines dun.
Again, DOTr has the FINAL say of the alignment. It doesn't make sense not to have an interchange station in Circle with MRT-7. E ano naman kung redundant sa interchange station at UP Diliman??? Sa ibang bansa marami ding redundant interchange. They are putting passenger's comfort, first and foremost, NOT the revenue collection.
__________________

MegaPotato liked this post
gulp01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2018, 04:28 PM   #78
alvingod
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 564
Likes (Received): 474

I agree bitin yun Line kung sa Lerma lang. Araw araw ako dyan sa rutang yan nun college. From Philcoa to Taft. Base sa observation ko noon marami pa talaga ang bumababa sa Quiapo area hangang Manila City Hall. After nun ako nalang naiiwan sa bus halos. haha

So base sa experience ko noon dapat ang Line na to mag terminate sa Manila City Hall connecting sa Central station ng Line 1. Ngayon medyo challenge talaga yan sa ROW sa Quiapo area at sa City Hall mahal na construction cost kasi tatawid na ilog kaya siguro mas pinili nila hanggang Lerma lang
alvingod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2018, 08:49 PM   #79
hayperlag
Registered User
 
hayperlag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 22
Likes (Received): 17

Deleted

Last edited by hayperlag; July 7th, 2018 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Deleted
hayperlag no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2018, 08:58 PM   #80
hayperlag
Registered User
 
hayperlag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 22
Likes (Received): 17

Parang bitin nga yung 9.4 km (11 stations). Di man lang na hit yung catchment area ng Quiapo commercial district at government offices and universities sa Intramuros at Ayala blvd. Mas strategic sana if it connects 2 city halls, 2 large public parks, 2 university belts and 2 government centers, former capital Quezon city and the city of Manila. Eto sana yung pinaka belt na magdudugtong sa lahat ng Railway Lines from MRT 7, Mega Manila Subway, MRT 3, NSCR, LRT 2 then LRT 1 along its alignment. Sana talaga may mag swiss challenge dito at etong mga stations na to ang iproposed:

1. Diliman (Depressed/Underground): Link to MRT-7 University Avenue Station
2. Memorial Circle (Depressed/Underground)
3. EDSA (Depressed/Underground): Link to MRT-3 Quezon Avenue Station
4. Timog (Depressed/Underground)
5. Roces (Depressed/Underground)
6. Araneta (Depressed/Underground)
7. Banaue (Elevated/Viaduct)
8. Welcome (Elevated/Viaduct)
9. Antipolo (Elevated/Viaduct): Link to PNR España Station
10. UST (Elevated/Viaduct)
11. Lerma - FEU Nicanor Reyes St. (Elevated/Viaduct)

Line extension:

12. Recto (Old bilibid): Link to LRT-1 Doroteo Jose & LRT-2 Recto Station
13. Quiapo (Elevated/Viaduct)
14. Manila City Hall (Elevated/Viaduct): Link to LRT-1 Central Station
15. Rizal Park (Elevated/Viaduct)
__________________

noelmd, MegaPotato liked this post

Last edited by hayperlag; July 7th, 2018 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Numbering correction
hayperlag no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us