RIVER OF LIFE KUALA LUMPUR DEVELOPMENTS | General News, Pictures & Updates - Page 61 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 29th, 2016, 04:54 AM   #1201
FNNG

Likes (Received): 3057

in Mekkah those umbrella can close back at night times and only open during days. So our umbrella can do the same or not?
FNNG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 29th, 2016, 05:42 AM   #1202
atmapgnew

Likes (Received): 2807

Noticed the 'rigid' frames observed from the pics, so most probably it's static & not foldable lor - correct if wrong hehehe ???

Ps those 'umbrellas' is in Madinah, not Makkah !!!
atmapgnew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2016, 07:13 AM   #1203
nazrey

Likes (Received): 16025

Ekovest targets RM600mln worth of construction jobs next year
BY BILQIS BAHARI - 23 NOVEMBER 2016 @ 3:17 PM
http://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/11/1...jobs-next-year

KUALA LUMPUR: Ekovest Bhd is eyeing RM600 million worth of construction job wins in 2017 on top of its current total order book of RM6.6 billion.

Ekovest managing director Datuk Seri Lim Keng Cheng said the company is aggressively tendering for more projects, particularly the beautification works from Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) and the 1Malaysia Housing Projects for Civil Servants (PPA1M).

"We must keep on growing," Lim told a press conference at Ekovest's 31st annual general meeting, here today. Besides construction projects, Ekovest is also involved in property development and infrastructure concession businesses.

The company's RM6.6 billion order book comprises of Duke Phase 3 (worth RM3.7 billion), EkoCheras (RM905 million), Duke Phase 2 (RM1.2 billion) and improvement and beautification works at Precinct 7 (RM163 million).

It also includes design and construction of University Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia engineering and electronic faculty (RN42 million), construction of three-stores shop offices (RM30 million) as well as improvement and beautification of Klang and Gombak Rivers (RM412 million).

Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2016, 09:33 AM   #1204
byong_sun

Likes (Received): 1194

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNNG View Post
in Mekkah those umbrella can close back at night times and only open during days. So our umbrella can do the same or not?
this one wont close but take off(for good).just give it less than 10 years another brilliant ideas will emerged using tax payers money.

dengilo liked this post
byong_sun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2016, 04:46 PM   #1205
Imagon Hahaha

Likes (Received): 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by byong_sun View Post
this one wont close but take off(for good).just give it less than 10 years another brilliant ideas will emerged using tax payers money.
Hahaha...you're right, pull the umbrellas off if people don't like it.
Imagon Hahaha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2016, 02:45 PM   #1206
FNNG

Quote:
just hope it didn't collapse itself within this 10 years time.
Old November 30th, 2016, 03:02 PM   #1207
byong_sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNNG View Post
just hope it didn't collapse itself within this 10 years time.
the steel structure wont,but the canvas will definitely wear off within less than 10 years.unless they are using high quality canvas which i highly doubt.
Old December 1st, 2016, 01:03 AM   #1208
dengilo

Likes (Received): 2007

Priority Number ONE is the river?or everything else BUT the river?

byong_sun, Kadzman liked this post
dengilo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2016, 12:18 PM   #1209
World 2 World
The World @ My Fingertips

Likes (Received): 6430

U can see the new riverside walkway with fence.

Masjid Jamek, Sungai Gombak, dan Sungai Klang
by Bernardo Arellano III, on Flickr

atmapgnew, han29, rocku liked this post
World 2 World no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2016, 04:15 PM   #1210
Azharsyedazmi

Likes (Received): 118

Hi all,

I've done another 'site inspection' of stretches of the Klang River covered by ROL. Route was as follows:
1. Started from Sultan Ismail Ampang/Sri Petaling LRT line. Walked along the river, towards Menara DBKL
2. Took a detour across Jalan TAR, and towards the new Lulu Hypermarket / Jakel Mall, to have a look at the other branch of the Klang River
3. Walked towards Masjid Jamek
4. Walked from Masjid Jamek to Pasar Seni LRT station, then along the river from Pasar Seni LRT station until KLRCA.
5. Walked along the river from KLRCA until Tun Sambanthan LRT Station.

Photos are in chronological order.

1. View of Klang River from Sultan Ismail LRT station area. As far as I can tell, there hasn't been much progress in this part of the river.. looks the same as I can ever remember. No construction activity.

2. The Klang river around the Jakel mall area is still in a bad state. As far as I can tell, there hasn't been any improvement, and zero work activity going on.

3. Masjid Jamek. Decent amount of construction activity going on. This area is definitely starting to take shape. I have high hopes it will become a nice monument for locals as well as tourists.

4. Stretch of river from Masjid Jamek to Pasar Seni. The pedestrian pathway along the river at this stretch has been closed off for construction. Not sure what they are doing, but some of the walls / structures along this stretch are being demolished.

5. KLRCA to Tun Sambanthan Monorail Station. It looks more or less the same since the last time I walked through this area 2 or 3 months ago. Vegetation along the river is still lush. It is not the most attractive type of vegetation, but still better than bare concrete.

It also helps mask the stench of the river, which I'm sad to say is still quite strong - after my walk, I could literally taste the river on my tongue. And I'm not even the type of person who is sensitive to smell. However I think the smell fluctuates.. it is worse after rainfall. There were other trips when I wasn't as bothered by the smell.

There were some people cutting parts of the vegetation - I have no idea why or what their plans are. Apart from that, I didn't see much construction or work activity along this stretch.

Azharsyedazmi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2016, 04:19 PM   #1211
atmapgnew

Thanks for a very detailed report - keep up the good work !!!

Azharsyedazmi, Zawawi liked this post
Old December 12th, 2016, 05:16 PM   #1212
World 2 World
The World @ My Fingertips

Likes (Received): 6430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azharsyedazmi View Post
Hi all,

What are they doing over there? Picnic by the river?
World 2 World no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2016, 07:49 PM   #1213
Azharsyedazmi

Likes (Received): 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by World 2 World View Post

What are they doing over there? Picnic by the river?
They were cutting up part of the grass.. I have no idea why, or even whether they are part of some public service dept / ROL contractor or just some random people..
Azharsyedazmi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 01:07 AM   #1214
atmapgnew

One of them is bald-headed (a male) whilst the other one is long-haired (a female ?) - maybe they're thinking of doing 'something' else eh hehehe !!!

daeng_jal liked this post
Old December 13th, 2016, 04:52 AM   #1215
byong_sun

if i were najib i will cover the river up.make it a wide walk way and decorate it with lamps and plants.put barriers along the stretch to prevent vehicles to go through it.no point spending money every decade to beautify the inevitably yellow muddy and stenchy river.
Old December 13th, 2016, 02:58 PM   #1216
FNNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizalhakim View Post
when is the opening?? january??
the umbrella was a trend now? haha
Old December 13th, 2016, 04:20 PM   #1217
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 2169

Quote:
if i were najib i will cover the river up.make it a wide walk way and decorate it with lamps and plants.put barriers along the stretch to prevent vehicles to go through it.no point spending money every decade to beautify the inevitably yellow muddy and stenchy river.
That's probably won't work.
We had try it with sungai "Seagate" previously
Where the weird smelling water enter the sea turning the sea weird smelling then we eat up seafood from those weird smiling sea.Then after heavy downpour we are deep inside the smelly water and have to go to the hospital because of skin rashes.

It does seem the ultimate goal is less recreational but more of doing it so people can drink off it. Afterall it still will cost ten of billions of ringgit to build a tunnel to bring in water from pahang.
Old December 13th, 2016, 05:12 PM   #1218
atmapgnew

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
Where the weird smelling water enter the sea turning the sea weird smelling then we eat up seafood from those weird smiling sea.Then after heavy downpour we are deep inside the smelly water and have to go to the hospital because of skin rashes.

It does seem the ultimate goal is less recreational but more of doing it so people can drink off it. Afterall it still will cost ten of billions of ringgit to build a tunnel to bring in water from pahang.

Just curious - where is this 'Sungai Seagate' ???
Old December 13th, 2016, 06:33 PM   #1219
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 2169

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmapgnew View Post
Just curious - where is this 'Sungai Seagate' ???
Some say it was the original name before the malaynisation of the words turn it into senget

atmapgnew liked this post
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 11:52 PM   #1220
byong_sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post

sg seget was black,heavily polluted,heavily stench and almost static even when heavy downpour since before they covered it up,kelang river flows normally even when theres no rain and not that polluted.JB is a city by the sea while KL is not.so....yeah....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
kuala lumpur