Touch ’n Go - Page 2 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Urban

Urban discussions on urbanisation, urban society, economy, infrastructure, urban events and entertainment

Old November 4th, 2004, 11:16 AM   #21
Ijud

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by szehoong
Yup....he's in Bandar Seri Begawan
Let him kumpul da moolah... then we make the biggest annual TT when he cum back to Malaysialah!!
Ijud no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 4th, 2004, 11:24 AM   #22
sugizm

Likes (Received): 0

ah baq show some pics of bandar sri begawan can? i never really see brunei before except from some tourist guide..
sugizm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2004, 04:29 PM   #23
mams

'The Incredibles' for Touch 'n Go users

Rangkaian Segar Sdn Bhd (RSSB) is intensifying its rewards programme for Touch ‘n Go toll payment card users by giving away 1,000 complimentary movie passes for Disney/Pixar’s latest animation movie, The Incredibles, on top of free gifts on reloads.

The movie passes are an added bonus to the existing Touch ‘n Go Incredible “Reload & Reward” promotion and would be randomly distributed at select Touch ‘n Go lanes from Nov 8 to 11, its chief operating officer Swinder Grewal said in a statement on Nov 9.

The Incredibles would premiere in Malaysian cinemas on Nov 18.

Under the Touch ‘n Go Incredible “Reload & Reward” promotion, purchases and reloads of RM50 or more would be entitled to free gifts. Touch ‘n Go users would be given the option to buy The Incredibles merchandise exclusively available to them.

The promotion was applicable to purchases and reloads of Touch ‘n Go cards at more than 60 sales and service counters along the highways and over 640 automated teller machines as well as auto reloads via credit cards, she added.

She said a grand finale of the promotion would be held at Sunway Pyramid on Nov 20 and 21, during which there would be exciting games and activities and an additional 500 movie passes up for grabs.

There are 2.4 million Touch ‘n Go cards in circulation and one million MyKad cards with built-in Touch ‘n Go feature.
mams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 21st, 2005, 12:14 PM   #24
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Likes (Received): 12

New Straits Times » Local

'Use electronic toll system on LDP'

PETALING JAYA, Feb 19:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lingkaran Trans Kota Sdn Bhd (Litrak) wants motorists using its Damansara-Puchong Highway (LDP) to use the electronic toll system to ease traffic congestion.
Litrak chief operating officer Richard Lim said many motorists preferred to pay the RM1 toll at the booths, which were manually-operated.

"The increase in vehicles on the LDP has resulted in traffic congestion at the toll plaza at KM19 in Petaling Jaya Selatan during the morning and evening rush hours," he said after a Chinese New Year treat by Litrak today.

"If motorists co-operate by using the Smartags and Touch N' Go cards, it will facilitate faster movement of vehicles at the toll plaza."

Lim said Litrak would open up three more toll booths to cater to the increase in motorists coming from the Federal Highway.

The increase is also due to the development of new housing and commercial areas in Subang Jaya.

Litrak's treat was for 60 orphans from Rumah Victory, Compassion Home and Kuil Sri Subramanyar at the McDonald's outlet near the LDP toll plaza.

Present were Subang Jaya State Assemblyman Datuk Lee Hwa Beng and Litrak's communication manager Zuhri Iskandar Kamarzaman.
baqthier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2005, 06:46 AM   #25
nazrey

Likes (Received): 16032

Touch ‘n’ Go users question data privacy
Monday February 28, 2005

By CHAN LEE MENG

PETALING JAYA: Touch ‘n’ Go card users benefit from the convenience of its automatic-payment system but some Malaysians fear that the information they give when applying for the service could lead to receiving junk mail, spam and calls from telemarketers.

To obtain a Touch ‘n’ Go card, users have to fill in a form, giving their name, IC number, address, home and office phone numbers, handphone number, e-mail address and date of birth.

Pretty standard as most forms go. But what was worrying to some was that the Touch ‘n’ Go website (www.touchngo.com.my/faq.htm) states that “all information provided in the application form is input into our system to be used for: a) Market research; b) Promotional and/or information dissemination via brochures, SMS or e-mail.”

In.Tech was contacted by a reader who was concerned that the collection of such personal information by service provider Rangkaian Segar Sdn Bhd (RSSB) does not appear to serve any purpose except for marketing services or to be sold to advertisers.

RSSB is a company under the UEM Group which also owns highway concessionaires Projek Lebuhraya Utara-Selatan Bhd (PLUS) and Expressway Lingkaran Tengah Sdn Bhd, where the Touch ‘n’ Go service can be used.

The prepaid smartcard service is also valid at various other toll booths, light-rail transit (LRT) stations, bus stands and parking lots.

Some service users were also disconcerted because the Touch ‘n’ Go website does not appear to have any kind of privacy policy on the customer information collected via the application form.

“I don’t have to present my identity card every time I use the highway. So why should Touch ‘n’ Go need this information,” asked one user who only wished to be identified as Leong.

Swinder Grewal, chief operating officer at RSSB, said Touch ‘n’ Go users should not fear that their personal data is being abused.

“To date, we have not disclosed our database to third parties, with the exception of the Government and relevant authorities,” she told In.Tech.

Also, she added, the customer information is safeguarded by Bank Negara regulations, but did not give details.

Swinder said that having the data would also make it easy for RSSB to more effectively deal with customer queries or service difficulties they may encounter.

The information given, she also said, could for example be used to refund a customer. Although RSSB does not make refunds for lost or stolen Touch ‘n’ Go cards, it does do so if a customer is overcharged or stops the service by returning the card. The refunds are made by cheque.

There are occasions, however, when RSSB will issue a Touch ‘n’ Go card without the customer needing to fill out the form.

“This is done during special promotions by RSSB or our business partners ? usually at events where there is a high volume of customer traffic,” said Swinder. “Or it happens when we hand out free cards with other promotional products.”

Currently, there are more than 2.4 million Touch ‘n’ Go cards in circulation, according to RSSB.
Alor Setar, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, Kangar, Kota Bahru, Kota Kinabalu, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kuching, Seremban, Shah Alam, etc!
nazrey está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2006, 05:06 AM   #26
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1921

7-Eleven reloads for cards

Soon, you will be able to reload your Touch 'n Go cards at 7-Eleven convenience stores.

Rangkaian Segar Sdn Bhd chairman Datuk Yahya Yaacob said the company was having discussions with the convenience store to provide the service in three months with the minimum top-up value would be reduced to RM10 from RM20.

“Apart from convenience stores, we are also having discussions with petrol stations to offer top-up services.

“Petronas is already providing the service and more will come soon,” said Yahya on Monday after presenting F1 Grandstand Tickets and limited edition F1 T-shirts to last year's 30 most frequent Touch 'n Go users.

He said it was also in the company's plans to look at more avenues to reload the cards, like over the Internet, by the end of this year, while many banks are already offering reload services through credit cards, Automated Teller Machines' (ATMs) and Cash Deposit Machines.

Yahya (right) and Mohd Hussein presenting to Ngeow (left).

Also present at the function were the company's executive director Mohd Hussein Ab Hamid and chief operating officer Basariah Abdul Latiff.

Hussein added that the company would have 800 new points of sale offered to the public by April or May.

He said it was also the management's goal to increase the penetration rate of Touch 'n Go from the current 35% to 50% by this year.

Customers' concerns, such as the price of SmartTAG, will also be addressed he added.

“SmartTAG is now sold at RM100 each and that's already a 50% discount compared to the previous pricing. There's a limit to how much we can reduce the price but we are relentlessly working towards that,” Yahya said, adding that it was the company's commitment to try out cheaper and better alternative products to meet customers' demands.

He said the company would talk to building operators to eliminate the differences in parking charges for Touch 'n Go users.

Basariah said with more marketing programmes lined up, the company was targeting at least 500,000 new users this year.

According to her, there are about 3mil Touch 'n Go holders, 2mil of which are active users.

The recipients of the spent an average of more than RM900 per month from September to December last year, which is 12 times higher than the normal average spending of RM80.

Ngeow Peok Siong, 48, said he spent RM1,300 to RM1,500 per month on his Touch 'n Go card travelling on highways for his sales profession. He would reload at least RM500 whenever the value of his card went below RM100.

“It's very convenient using the card and it reduces the wear and tear of my car, and I'm doubly delighted that the company is rewarding us,” he said.
Old March 26th, 2006, 08:59 PM   #27
White_soX

Have a question, if I go around KL,there how many toll are there, cuz I hate paying toll!
White_soX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2006, 09:08 PM   #28
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Depends on where you go. If you like fuss free driving and wouldn't like to get stuck in a jam......there are usually nice and easy tolled highways to choose from. If you want a free journey......well....prepare for uncertainties like heavy traffic jams loh

There are no inner city tolls except for the Ampang Elevated HIghway.
Old March 28th, 2006, 11:44 AM   #29
ZaHiRnYa???
you are you and i am me..

Likes (Received): 50

My Zing card not working. So sad
Old March 28th, 2006, 11:59 AM   #30
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Change loh.......since Zing cards are usually affiliated with banks.....they would gladly change for ya
Old March 31st, 2006, 07:06 PM   #31
Pablo
Jian Fa

Likes (Received): 3

The Touch 'n Go card can only be used in 3 STAR LRT stations? Still same as last time?
Old March 31st, 2006, 09:27 PM   #32
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo
The Touch 'n Go card can only be used in 3 STAR LRT stations? Still same as last time?

Wah! You seriously outdated lah..... TnG could be used for all LRTs, Monorail and Komuter stations since like over a year ago or something
Old April 1st, 2006, 05:32 PM   #33
ethan

Likes (Received): 8

You also do not need to buy touch n go card if your IC have touch n go logo. I used mine IC as Touch n Go. SO convenience.

Malaysia Truly Asia
ethan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2006, 11:26 AM   #34
White_soX

still got to touch, don't they have the thing were you just drive as fast as you want at the tollway that thing can censor the car ID, no need to stop.
Old April 2nd, 2006, 12:04 PM   #35
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_soX
still got to touch, don't they have the thing were you just drive as fast as you want at the tollway that thing can censor the car ID, no need to stop.
yea! it is called Smart TAG. it is another type of touch n go

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 12:44 AM   #36
White_soX

Y use touch n go if they have smart tag? Is it expensive?
Old April 3rd, 2006, 03:52 AM   #37
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYW
yea! it is called Smart TAG. it is another type of touch n go

Smart Tag is not another type of TnG. It is simply a device that you put your TnG into and it communicates with a sensor at the automated toll gate

So in order for Smart Tag to work, one still need a TnG card
Old April 3rd, 2006, 04:55 AM   #38
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_soX

Technically you could go as fast as you want across the tollgate and the sensors would be able to detect it. However since all SmartTag gates have an automated boom, it wouldn't be able to open fast enuf if you "Drive as fast as you want"

ANyway I have tried going thru at 50kmph without stopping but try not to do that lah cos the speed of the boom is not regulated and it varies from diff ones.( I am familiar with this toll gate as I passes by it everyday ) Well........most cars slows down to at least 20kmph (some even total halt)
Old April 3rd, 2006, 05:16 AM   #39
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan
You also do not need to buy touch n go card if your IC have touch n go logo. I used mine IC as Touch n Go. SO convenience.

yea...too bad mine doesn't I made my IC too early

So now have to have an extra card in my wallet instead of one
Old April 3rd, 2006, 06:33 AM   #40
Subangite

Question, what happened to all the talk about implementing electronic gantries and getting rid of the current tolls? Is that still on track?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement