Urban Gondola - Page 10 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Railways

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 7th, 2019, 07:57 PM   #181
Romb

Likes (Received): 3398

Government finalizing cable car plan
Quote:
The Department of Transportation said it expects to complete the feasibility on the installation of cable cars in Metro Manila by the end of the year.
“My target is to finalize the feasibility study by end of this year. They are looking at somewhere in Pasig River as long as they will address the security issues in Malacanang Palace,” Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade said.
Tugade said the government was also looking at the possibility of installing cable cars in Baguio City.
not identify the developer.
http://manilastandard.net/business/t...-car-plan.html
Cable car study zeroing in on Pasig River, Baguio as possible sites
Quote:
THE French government, which is conducting a feasibility study on a cable car system in the Philippines, is looking at the Pasig River and Baguio as possible locations, the Department of Transportation (DoTr) said.
Transportation Secretary Arthur P. Tugade told reporters last week about the potential locations.
“Somewhere (over the) Pasig River, basta ma-address lang yung security ng Palasyo (as long as Malacañang’s security concerns are addressed). That’s one… Yung isang pinag-usapan is Baguio (The other one is in Baguio),” he said.
The 450,000-euro feasibility study started in November by French consulting firms MDP Consulting & Engineering and Systra is scheduled to be completed within the year.
https://www.bworldonline.com/cable-c...ossible-sites/

Jrommel liked this post
Romb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 7th, 2019, 08:05 PM   #182
nelo--

Likes (Received): 611

Urban Gondola

Yes na yes to Baguio cable car public transit! I don't know what to say about the Pasig River one though.

Jrommel, kamehameha, boncedrick liked this post

Last edited by nelo--; July 8th, 2019 at 04:38 PM.
nelo-- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2019, 10:41 AM   #183
Jrommel
BRANNED

Likes (Received): 675

Ituloy na rin to ..convenient,fast and easy to build and maintain.
Another tourist-generating attraction to tulad sa hongkong at singapore.
Jrommel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 8th, 2019, 01:46 PM   #184
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 10795

Ganda sana kung:

- Maglagay ng super duper yuge terminal somewhere in Rosario meh kalapitan sa TPLEx terminus
- Tapos yun na nga, cable car paakyat/baba ng Baguio
- Tapos meh BRT-type buses sa Baguio looped and ruta with fixed stops and timetable

Mas maganda kung:
- Mabuhay ang PNR San Fernando / Aringay line

*dare to dream*

PRRD, #SONA2019

AirRail781 liked this post
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2019, 04:41 PM   #185
nelo--

Likes (Received): 611

Urban Gondola

I think the Baguio line will be intra-city. Rosario to Baguio is such a long distance, I am not sure that's very feasible.
nelo-- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2019, 06:11 PM   #186
queenlybee

Likes (Received): 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romb View Post
Government finalizing cable car plan
Quote:
The Department of Transportation said it expects to complete the feasibility on the installation of cable cars in Metro Manila by the end of the year.
“My target is to finalize the feasibility study by end of this year. They are looking at somewhere in Pasig River as long as they will address the security issues in Malacanang Palace,” Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade said.
Tugade said the government was also looking at the possibility of installing cable cars in Baguio City.
not identify the developer.
http://manilastandard.net/business/t...-car-plan.html
Cable car study zeroing in on Pasig River, Baguio as possible sites
Quote:
THE French government, which is conducting a feasibility study on a cable car system in the Philippines, is looking at the Pasig River and Baguio as possible locations, the Department of Transportation (DoTr) said.
Transportation Secretary Arthur P. Tugade told reporters last week about the potential locations.
“Somewhere (over the) Pasig River, basta ma-address lang yung security ng Palasyo (as long as Malacañang’s security concerns are addressed). That’s one… Yung isang pinag-usapan is Baguio (The other one is in Baguio),” he said.
The 450,000-euro feasibility study started in November by French consulting firms MDP Consulting & Engineering and Systra is scheduled to be completed within the year.
https://www.bworldonline.com/cable-c...ossible-sites/
Okay to for Baguio kasi the topography is suited for it like The Peak ng Hong Kong na talagang pinipilahan (super haba ng pila nung pumunta kame) para lang picturan at video overlooking ng city. It will really boost Baguio's tourism more. But Pasig River to Malacañang pa? As far as I know security is tight around the area but for sure Secretary Art already has a master plan on this. But I'm definitely wishing on the former to have cable cars.

s_w_stars, boncedrick liked this post
queenlybee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2019, 07:01 AM   #187
Jrommel
BRANNED

Likes (Received): 675

Pasig river to Rizal pwede rin
Nuvali city to Tagaytay ganda rin ng view

sinocencio, kamehameha, boncedrick liked this post
Jrommel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2019, 05:34 PM   #188
s_w_stars

Likes (Received): 4873

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelo-- View Post
Yes na yes to Baguio cable car public transit! I don't know what to say about the Pasig River one though.
Definitely Baguio. It may be heavily subsidized as they will need a few lines with proper stations. In one you tube video, I saw makeshift cable car across Chico River in Kalinga. Pasig, naku po what for "sosyal" value?
Old July 17th, 2019, 07:34 AM   #189
ahehe_96
Mr.V

Likes (Received): 220

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_Owp3ps8xI
Rodrigo Duterte
ahehe_96 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2019, 07:17 AM   #190
Romb

Likes (Received): 3398

DOTr eyes Marikina-Ortigas cable car line
Quote:
Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, September 30) — In a bid to find solutions to help passengers bear the burden of their daily commute, the government is eyeing an alternative way to beat traffic in Metro Manila - by air.
Urban planners are looking at a mass cable car system as a solution to traffic congestion in Metro Manila - dubbed as the “most congested” city in developing Asia, according to a recent study by the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
Transportation officials revealed to CNN Philippines that they are studying to build it from the LRT 2 Santolan station in Marikina City to the Ortigas business district in Pasig, with its stations mostly traversing the Marikina River.
Cable cars were one of the transportation solutions discussed at the Urban Transport for Livable Cities forum at the ADB on Monday.
https://cnnphilippines.com/news/2019...Pd8qqRhsq7d61M
Quote:
DOTr is now in the final stages of its feasibility study for Metro Manila’s first cable car system.
The agency reveals its French-funded study is focusing on the stretch of Marikina to Pasig, particularly from LRT-2 Santolan station to Ortigas with its stations mostly traversing Marikina River.
Cable cars are one of the transportation solutions discussed at the Urban Transport for Livable Cities Forum at the Asian Development Bank.
This type of transportation system is nothing new. It has existed for over a century.
And now, urban planners turn to this good old transportation option as solution to decongesting some of the world’s mega cities like Metro Manila.
https://www.facebook.com/MakoiPopioc...type=3&theater

Last edited by Romb; October 1st, 2019 at 07:23 AM.
Romb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2019, 09:22 AM   #191
jp1032

Likes (Received): 2993

Nagsasayang lang ng oras at resources itong DOTR sa cable car na yan.. Di kailangan ang ganyan sa napakacongested na area kagaya ng Metro Manila. Applicable yan cable car kapag pataas ang isang area.

libertylie, s_w_stars liked this post
jp1032 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2019, 12:32 PM   #192
cesc_uk

Likes (Received): 589

London’s Emirates Air Line

Gondola Lift spanning Greenwich Peninsula to the Royal Docks 1,100metres (3,600 Feet)

Highest elevation of 90metres (300 Feet) and 3 Pylons...

Operating Speed 3metres/ second...

Ridership 1,315,000 passengers in 2018...

Opened in 2012...
cesc_uk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2019, 12:51 PM   #193
san.miguell
BANNED

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1032 View Post
Nagsasayang lang ng oras at resources itong DOTR sa cable car na yan.. Di kailangan ang ganyan sa napakacongested na area kagaya ng Metro Manila. Applicable yan cable car kapag pataas ang isang area.
Totally not true.

There are so many urban cable car systems globally that are operating from one city to another, not specifically designed to address transport from mountainous corridor. This alignment for this project interchanging from Line 2 Santolan station will traverse both Marikina and Pasig River and mostly connects existing and upcoming townships - Eastwood, Parklinks, Bridgetowne, Arcovia, etc. Check videos in youtube to educate yourself further.

Beside, this project is not the lone solution to address EDSA traffic. It must always be a basket (combination) of multiple transport solutions!

kulangot liked this post
san.miguell no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2019, 03:02 AM   #194
absinthe_888

Likes (Received): 10795

PRRD, #SONA2019
absinthe_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2019, 02:12 AM   #195
cesc_uk

Likes (Received): 589

Living in a City well served by Mass Public Transport and managed by Transport for London:

11 Lines with 270 Underground Stations

9 Routes with 112 Overground Stations

7 Lines with 45 Light Rail Stations

2 Lines with 23 Commuter Rail Stations

I Line with 39 TramLink Stops

62,000 bearers of Qualified Taxi Licenses Holders who’ve passed The Knowledge Test for whole England

8,500 Buses that serve 673 Day/ Evening Routes (52 Night Buses Routes) with 19,000 Designated Bus Stops

13,600 Bikes for Hire Available on 839 Docking Stations plying along the soon to be finished Bicycles SuperHighWay

33 Piers or Terminals for River Ferry Services

36 Passenger Gondolas with 2 Terminals for the Cable Cars

Dial a Ride for people with Long Term Disabilities or Health Problems

Sayings usually heard from Londoners ‘My Other Car is a Bus’... One just feels lost when there is a Strikes or Delays or Cancellations...

People will be saying I’m bragging - it is Our Way of Life Here (in London)... I wish it could be replicated quickly in Manila & NCR... it will improve One’s Self, Family Life, Health.

Gondolas will not solve traffic in EDSA but it can be One of the Many Solutions...
cesc_uk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement