PETRONAS News - Page 3 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Urban

Urban discussions on urbanisation, urban society, economy, infrastructure, urban events and entertainment

Old November 15th, 2007, 04:19 AM   #41
haze

Likes (Received): 9

November 14, 2007 21:14 PM

Petronas International Unit To Take Over Star Energy

KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 14 (Bernama) -- Petronas International Corporation Ltd (PICL) has acquired 9.293 million shares or 9.99 percent stake in British gas storage company Star Energy Group Plc for 365 pence each share.

The latest acquisition, which was announced in London on Wednesday, would bring PICL's total holding in the Star Energy to about 39 percent.

PICL is wholly-owned by national petroleum company PETRONAS.

"Petronas has been a long term investor in Star Energy and is supportive of the management's strategic plan," said Petronas president and chief executive officer Tan Sri Hassan Marican in a statement issued by PICL which was obtained here today.

PICL also announced that it would also make an offer for the rest of the shares of Star Energy it did not own.

The offer would be 365 pence in cash for each Star Energy shares, valuing the entire issued share capital of Star Energy at 339.507 million pound, said PICL.

It said the offer price was a 30 percent premium to Star Energy's closing price on November 13 and about 52 percent premium to the average closing price in the three months period up to and including November 13.

"Petronas understands the importance of gas storage projects to the long term security of gas supply in the UK and with this offer, aims to ensure that Star Energy's gas storage projects are developed to their full potential," Hassan said.

-- BERNAMA

TRULY'ASIA'CAMPAIGN

UNDI UNTUK MALAYSIA

Cintai Bahasa & Budaya Kita
haze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 15th, 2007, 04:21 AM   #42
haze

PETRONAS ACQUIRES WOODSIDE'S ENTIRE UPSTREAM INTERESTS IN MAURITANIA

PETRONAS, through wholly-owned subsidiary PETRONAS Australia Pty Ltd, has agreed to acquire the entire interest of Woodside Energy Ltd's Mauritanian subsidiaries -- Woodside Mauritania Pty Ltd and WEL Mauritania BV -- for a base price consideration of US$418 million.

The acquisition, subject to regulatory approvals, gives PETRONAS significant interests in eight upstream acreages in Mauritania. These include offshore Production Sharing Contract (PSC) A and PSC B areas, the producing Chinguetti oil field in PSC B, offshore Blocks 2, 6, 7 and onshore Blocks Ta 11 and Ta 12.

PETRONAS already has an existing 35 per cent share in Block 6. Except for Block 7, PETRONAS will assume the operatorship in all of the acreages following the acquisition.

Apart from the producing Chinguetti field in PSC B, the acquired acreages also contain significant oil and gas potential in the existing Tiof, Banda, Tevet and Pelican discoveries and in several identified exploration prospects.

The acquisition, expected to close in November, reflects PETRONAS' commitment and its long-term aspirations in Mauritania's oil and gas industry and complements its overall growth strategy in Africa.

Issued by
Media Relations Department
PETRONAS

TRULY'ASIA'CAMPAIGN

UNDI UNTUK MALAYSIA

Old November 15th, 2007, 04:22 AM   #43
haze

PETRONAS ACQUIRES FL SELENIA SpA

PETRONAS has signed an agreement to acquire the entire interest of FL Selenia SpA from affiliates of US investment firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. LP. for approximately €1 billion.

FL Selenia is Europe's largest independent producer and marketer of branded automotive lubricants and other functional fluids. Based in Italy, FL Selenia has operations across Europe, South America and the United States.

FL Selenia's product range includes lubricants, transmission, anti-freeze and functional fluids for automobiles, trucks, agricultural tractors and earth moving machinery as well as for other industrial equipment. The company's well-known brands include Selenia, Urania, Ambra, Akcela, Akros, Paraflu, Tutela and Arexons. FL Selenia's products are mainly positioned in the high value-added segment with the majority of its sales arising from innovative semi-synthetic and synthetic lubricants. FL Selenia also enjoys technical and commercial relationships with several major OEM partners, among which is the FIAT Group which includes FIAT Auto, Iveco, Case New Holland, and the Same Deutz-Fahr Group, that allow it to enhance the value of its brands and presence in European and international markets. FL Selenia's R&D and testing facilities are among the largest in Europe. FL Selenia is also in the business of distributing car-care products, parts and accessories in Italy.

PETRONAS views this acquisition as an exciting opportunity to create and add value for the Group and at the same time realize the global aspirations of its lubricants business.

FL Selenia's expertise and geographic focus is complementary with PETRONAS' existing lubricants business, which includes manufacturing, marketing and distribution of high-end lubricants in Malaysia and a host of other countries. PETRONAS' premium products are its range of synthetic lubricants SYNTIUM, which have been specially engineered using race-proven Formula One technology developed through the company's longstanding involvement in motor sports.

PETRONAS' lubricants business has also witnessed considerable growth and penetration of new markets in recent years, with SYNTIUM products currently available in China, India, Thailand, Japan, Indonesia, South Africa and Switzerland. In Malaysia, SYNTIUM products currently command a strong market share.

PETRONAS currently has an existing strategic alliance arrangement with FL Selenia where FL Selenia markets SYNTIUM in some parts of Europe while PETRONAS provides a similar service to FL Selenia's products to certain OEMs in China.

The acquisition of FL Selenia brings another strong brand to PETRONAS' business and adds critical mass to its lubricants markets in Europe, together with strong OEM relationships and world class R&D capabilities. This is expected to provide PETRONAS with a better position to further penetrate the high growth Asian lubricants markets.

The transaction is subject to regulatory clearances. The entire management and staff of FL Selenia will remain with the company to continue to deliver its quality products and to work closely with PETRONAS to optimise the synergistic benefits of the two entities.

Dresdner Kleinwort is acting as financial advisor to PETRONAS on this transaction.

Issued by
Media Relations Department
PETRONAS

TRULY'ASIA'CAMPAIGN

UNDI UNTUK MALAYSIA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 16th, 2007, 03:57 AM   #44
haze

Petronas wujud makmal sumber tenaga

PETROLIAM Nasional Bhd (Petronas) menjalin kerjasama dengan Battelle Memorial Institute dari Amerika Syarikat, Battelle-Japan Corporation dan Mitsubishi Corporation bagi menubuhkan makmal sumber tenaga boleh diperbaharui di Petronas Research Sdn Bhd di Bangi, Selangor.

Menerusi kenyataan semalam, Petronas berkata kerjasama itu memperkukuhkan usaha yang dijalankan sejak Julai lalu bagi menggerakkan inisiatif sumber tenaga boleh diperbaharui dan merangka konsep awal makmal yang dicadangkan itu.

Katanya, penubuhan makmal itu yang dijangka menjadi pusat penyelidikan dan pembangunan (R&D) utama sumber tenaga boleh diperbaharui, adalah selaras aspirasi Petronas dalam mempertingkatkan usaha penyelidikan dan kemajuan teknologi.

"Ia adalah bagi menyokong serta menyediakan input strategik bagi menetapkan urus niaga syarikat pada masa depan," katanya.

Pada majlis memeterai perjanjian yang diadakan di Kuala Lumpur semalam, Petronas diwakili Presiden dan Ketua Eksekutifnya, Tan Sri Mohd Hassan Marican manakala Battelle Memorial Institute oleh Presiden dan Ketua Eksekutifnya, Dr Carl Kohrt.

Battelle-Japan Corporation diwakili Pengerusinya, Dr Richard Adams dan Mitsubishi Corporation oleh Naib Presiden Kanan Urus Niaga Sumber Tenaga Baru dan Alam Sekitarnya, Nobuaki Kojima.

Petronas berkata, pada peringkat awal, makmal berkenaan akan memberi fokus terhadap program berasaskan bio seperti penukaran bio-jisim kepada bio-bahan bakar, bio-pelincir, bio-kimia serta bio-polimer dan seterusnya ke bidang R&D gunaan dalam sumber boleh diperbaharui.

Dalam jangka panjang, makmal itu dijangka mampu menghasilkan kemajuan sains dan teknologi impak tinggi dalam sumber tenaga boleh diperbaharui, dan mewujudkan harta intelektual bernilai tinggi serta memastikan amalan terbaik pengurusan dalam R&D dan pengkomersialan teknologi.

"Lebih penting lagi, penubuhan makmal ini akan memudahkan pemindahan keupayaan dan kecekapan sains dan teknologi yang lebih khusus melalui program pembangunan sambil bekerja yang berstruktur dan menerapkan budaya inovasi di Petronas dan di kalangan masyarakat Malaysia," katanya.

TRULY'ASIA'CAMPAIGN

UNDI UNTUK MALAYSIA

Old November 17th, 2007, 03:26 AM   #45
Vince
In the brig

Likes (Received): 1296

AS MUCH AS I WANT TO BE PROUD OF PETRONAS, I CANNOT AS IT IS A RACIST COMPANY AND DOES NOT OFFER EQUAL AND FAIR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL MALAYSIANS. YET THE COMPANY WAS ORIGINALLY BUILT BY TAX-PAYER'S MONEY. SHAME SHAME.....

FACTS*:
(1) 99% of Petronas (the only one petroleum company) directors are
Malays, and the former Prime Minister work as Consultant in Petronas.

(2) 3% of Petronas employees are Chinese.

(3) 99% of 2000 Petronas gasoline stations are owned by Malays.

(4) 100% of all contractors working under Petronas projects must be
"bumi status" (Malay).

*Source provided by an Engineer working in Malaysia.

CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2007, 05:24 AM   #46
triple-j

Likes (Received): 214

yup...but why the anger? there are shell and exxon mobil. they provide equal opportunity to all malaysians. their pay is more than petronas could give... again why the anger... turn the negativity into positive direction. look at the bigger picture. there are so many companies in malaysia (local and foreign) for a job. non-bumi contractors could go to shell and exxon mobil for any contract. the source of income is not by the govt only.

hope this will stop before anyone will smear it with hate and racist remarks. not trying to be ignorance but certain issues are not gonna be solved here. you can voice your opinions but where will it ends in this thread. from experience in proton thread or any govt related here, this kind of opinion never be a good one. someone will be pissed and nobody win.

my two cents..ahh but then again no more 1 cent in msia....cheers....
Old November 20th, 2007, 05:46 AM   #47
Vince
In the brig

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple-j View Post
yup...but why the anger? there are shell and exxon mobil. they provide equal opportunity to all malaysians. their pay is more than petronas could give... again why the anger... turn the negativity into positive direction. look at the bigger picture. there are so many companies in malaysia (local and foreign) for a job. non-bumi contractors could go to shell and exxon mobil for any contract. the source of income is not by the govt only.

hope this will stop before anyone will smear it with hate and racist remarks. not trying to be ignorance but certain issues are not gonna be solved here. you can voice your opinions but where will it ends in this thread. from experience in proton thread or any govt related here, this kind of opinion never be a good one. someone will be pissed and nobody win.

my two cents..ahh but then again no more 1 cent in msia....cheers....
I was debating if I should reply to this and have decided to do so....

triple-j, I respect that you are a person who avoids confrontations, but I remember that while I was growing up, I was told that I needed to live my life in a very just and glorified way, and stand up to any injustices that I could see. So what would you do when you face bullies? Roll away and play dead? No, I stand up against them, and want to openly talk about injustices so that people would know. Maybe you want to tell me at this moment, "But my friend, this is not the Malaysian way." Let me tell you something, I am not scared of things I say if they have credibility. While the world is increasingly embracing equal opportunities for all, our national company Petronas is not, but yet wants to be actively involved in international ventures. Therefore I find it very hypocritical.

You said, "Look at the bigger picture." What is the bigger picture? People having to put up with unfairness and injustices for eternity while a selected few turn rich? Believe me, I speak for all Malaysians here. Is that what your bigger picture is? Please don't tell me that running away from problems is the only solution and that is the "Malaysian Way". I don't think I am a racist as I am critical of every human being the same way, but I am a proud Malaysian who wants what is right for all Malaysians, irregardless of colour, religion or creed. I voice my opinion so that people would realize what is going on and take constructive steps to address the problem. I don't believe in sweeping the dust under the carpet.

triple-j, the fact that you would even think that such an unfair way of conducting a business in Malaysia is the norm and that everyone has to simply accept it makes me sad. You seem to acknowledge what I mentioned but wants me to stop talking about it, hoping that once it is "out of sight", it would be "out of mind". Wake up, triple-j, for your own sake. Let's have some basic human decency of knowing between right and wrong my friend.

As for anyone who may wish to use this as an opportunity to smear others baselessly or plant racist comments, they deserve to rot.

Last edited by Vince; November 20th, 2007 at 06:01 AM.
Old November 20th, 2007, 06:12 AM   #48
haze

sorry buddy. I’m not interested! n pls don't hijack my thread.

TRULY'ASIA'CAMPAIGN

UNDI UNTUK MALAYSIA

Old November 20th, 2007, 06:13 AM   #49
forrestcat

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
AS MUCH AS I WANT TO BE PROUD OF PETRONAS, I CANNOT AS IT IS A RACIST COMPANY AND DOES NOT OFFER EQUAL AND FAIR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL MALAYSIANS. YET THE COMPANY WAS ORIGINALLY BUILT BY TAX-PAYER'S MONEY. SHAME SHAME.....

FACTS*:

"bumi status" (Malay).

Bring this to the mamak thread.Not here.
forrestcat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2007, 06:23 AM   #50
haze

Petronas not able to sustain subsidies and wants to raise prices

By SARBAN SINGH

[email protected]

GEMAS: Having paid out subsidies close to RM50bil in the last 10 years for gas and with global oil prices hitting US$80 (RM280) per barrel last week, Petronas is now pushing for an increase in gas charges.

If the Government gives Petronas the green light to raise rates, consumers would have to brace themselves for higher costs since gas is required for generating electricity, industrial/household use and for NGV-powered automobiles.

A Cabinet committee chaired by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi will decide on Petronas’ proposal next Monday, said Energy, Water and Communications Minister Datuk Seri Dr Lim Keng Yaik.

Lim, however, assured the people that despite the heavy reliance by Tenaga Nasional Bhd and Independent Power Producers (IPPs) on gas, there would be no increase in electricity tariffs.

“We just increased power tariffs in June last year. Although the pressure to increase tariffs is getting greater, there will not be another increase any time soon,” he said.

The minister said Petronas had provided gas subsidies close to RM50bil since 1997, and last year alone, it paid out RM14bil in subsidy.

“Petronas is screaming for an increase.”

He said that for example, Petronas sold subsidised gas at RM6.40 per mmBtu (Million British Thermal Units) to local industries, whereas unsubsidised gas cost about RM40 per mmBtu.

He explained that if the gas was sourced locally, Petronas would be able to absorb the costs.

However, its gas fields in Terengganu could not meet the demand in the peninsula. As such, Petronas was forced to pay three times more to import the gas from Indonesia and Thailand.

Lim said when the Cabinet committee would decide on Monday the next gas policy as well as gas prices for TNB and IPPs.

“This is necessary as 60% of the country’s electricity is generated by gas,” he told pressmen after opening Heaveaboard Bhd’s second particleboard line here yesterday. The minister was asked to comment on the escalating global oil prices.

Lim said the people should understand Petronas’ position and not criticise it for asking an increase.

“Petronas’ books are there for them to see. How can they continue to subsidise the prices for the imported gas? It is beyond them. We cannot control global prices, it is not our doing,” he said.

He said that if the subsidies were not removed, the Malaysian economy would remain “distorted”.

“We are doing a disservice to our grandchildren. We are spending so much on the subsidies at the expense of our future generation,” he said.

TRULY'ASIA'CAMPAIGN

UNDI UNTUK MALAYSIA

Old November 20th, 2007, 06:30 AM   #51
haze

http://www.petronasadventure.com/

The PETRONAS Adventure Team (PAT) is a division within PETRONAS Motorsport. PAT organises 4-Wheel Drive and motorbike expeditions locally and abroad. Our vision has taken us to diverse environments around the globe – from hostile deserts and snow-capped mountains to pristine rainforest and ancient trails through the oldest civilisations on earth.
Explore our site to find out more about our expeditions, weekend drives, and 4WD training. We hope you'll be able to join us in our next adventure.

Expeditions

SOUTH ASIA 2007
NUSANTARA 2006
TRANS-HIMALAYAS 2005
TRANS-SAHARA 2004
AFRICA TREK 2003
SIBERIA 2002
SILK ROAD 2001
INDOCHINA 2000
PASSAGE TO TIBET 1999

TRULY'ASIA'CAMPAIGN

UNDI UNTUK MALAYSIA

Old November 20th, 2007, 01:11 PM   #52
laramie79

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post

FACTS*:

"bumi status" (Malay).

Hi,

As you may have notice, this is my debut posting.

I have a been a big fan of SSC for many2 years, but only as a passive observers because I don't think I have the in-depth knowledge nor the passion to give comments about buildings and architecture. You guys obviously know what are you talking about.

But today is different story. I felt the urgency to register myself and reply to Vince's posting almost immediately because I think what he wrote is absolutely misleading, inflammatory and insulting to the great leaders of the past who have shaped Malaysia into what it is today.

He has no understanding (or probably refuse to understand) the reason why such policy was enforced in the first place.

Everyone who read history knows that Malaysian population at the time of independance was not equal, in the sense the Chinese is exceedingly superior in almost every measurable socio-economic parameters when compared to other ethnics. The majority Malay was desperately poor, save for the Royalties and some elite political families. I myself hailed from Baling, Kedah, and although I was born way after the independance, elder generations within my family can still recall to me how hard was life back then, how villagers used to survive on sustanance farming, and how they were always in awe at the rich chinese tawkeh who dwells the town. Although vast in number, the Malay took backseat in the economy and gives in to the economical dominance of Chinese, just the way it was during colonial times.

Efforts to address this glaring economic disparity doesn't quite take off during the reign of late Tunku because his priority at that time was political unity. He made conscious effort to include ethnics of varying background in his new cabinet. In his effort to cultivate a sense of national identity among the population, he even commisioned the contruction of Parliament House in International style, so that it doesn't has to pay tribute to any singular vernacular identity.

All these efforts meant nothing to the Malays because they were left to rot at the bottom of the system. In late 60s, data shows that despite being the majority, their economic share is less than 2 % while the rest is mostly owned by the Chinese.

The Malay became resentful and started to blame the Chinese for their shortcoming. In early 60s, The consensus opinion among the Malay at that time was that Chinese immigrant stole what is rightfully theirs to begin with, and that the Chinese was the root of all Malay problem. Of course we all know that was not the case because the Chinese thrives because of their inherent entrepreneurial skills, their vast network of internal support, their resiliency,and most importantly, favourable policy of the colonial administrator who prefer to let Chinese do business, and leave the Malay to do the farming. Of course none of these matter to them back then. The brewing hatred reached boiling point in 1969, during the bloody "Peristiwa 13 Mei" where the Malay and Chinese kill each others.

The gorvernment was deeply shaken by this incidence. Parliament was suspended, people were jolted back to their senses, and afterwards our nation went into deep soul-searching mode.

It was within the agreement between the Malay, the Chinese and the Indian leaders that new affirmative policy was launched to eradicate income disparity among the ethnics. This policy was not single-mindedly designed and enforced by the Malay so there is no issue of racism here. Our founding fathers know better that to allow the disparity to continue would be a crime against future generation. It is because of their wisdom that our country was spared from further racial clash, and survived the meltdown of 1998 economic crisis. Yes, I did not deny that pockets of tensions such as those in Taman Medan do occurs but that is to be expected in a highly diverse population such as Malaysia. There are bound to be inconsiderate people who thought of no one except of their own self, and such incidence is not necessarily indicative of the current racial relation in Malaysia. The fact that we are not witch hunting and killing each other during the time of crisis is a sign that affirmative policy works spectacularly. There are too many racial clashes around the world for me to list down here - the fight between the Hutus and Tutsis in Rwanda, the Muslim - Christian fight in Lebanon, ethnic cleansing in Bosnia Herzegovina, the 1998 Jakarta massacre, The shiites - sunnis fight in Iraq, my god the list is just too long and too depressing for SSC forum.

If you care to realize, the Malay nowadays are too busy blaming themselves for their own pathetic achievement, to even remotely suggest that the Chinese has anything to do with the current malaise of their own race.

Statistic about Petronas that Vince so eloquently listed in his posting should not be made an issue because that was part and parcel of that affirmative policy. Chinese holding in Malaysian economy is so deep rooted and strong that there is no way in hell that the Malay will be able to match up to their performance. The only tool left for Malay are all those GLCs. Government does not even try to hide the fact that organization such as Petronas is there to increase the participation of the Malay in the economy. I hate to admitt it but the Malay still need help from the government. The Malay and the Chinese is not in the same playing field. 446 years under colonial rule has incapacitated this race to the point that it won't survive unless it get helps. Chinese dominance in Malaysian economy is here for good (or at least in foreseeable furture). We the Malay has long made peace with that fact. Even the National Economic Policy is very realistic when it sets the target for Malay participation in economy at 30%, and leave the rest for the Chinese to devour.

As I said earlier, this has nothing to do with Malay superiority or racism. This is about extending help to those in needs.

Vince, I can comfortably use your own arguement against yourself. In this case, why don't you attribute the success of Petronas to the Malays? After all, according to you, " 99 % Petronas director is a Malay, 97 % of the employee is Malay, 99% of 2000 Petronas gasoline stations are owned by Malays and 100% of all contractors working under Petronas projects must be bumi status." Petronas nowadays is very successful, so those Malay must have done a damn good job, isn't it?

I really regret that my first posting in SSC forum has to be this way. Unfortunately, sometimes people need to reminded that certain things happen for a reason.

Last edited by laramie79; November 20th, 2007 at 05:26 PM.
laramie79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2007, 02:08 PM   #53
triple-j

Last edited by triple-j; November 20th, 2007 at 05:33 PM.
triple-j no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2007, 05:41 PM   #54
Arkdriver
sa isip, sa salita

Location: penang, cyberjaya, muntinlupa,singapore, sunshine coast
Likes (Received): 354

it's the time for malay to open up. I'm also malay but i feel malay have been protected for too long. and the UMNO party has been championing malay rights for so long it's no longer relevant. As petronas is a national oil company, it should also opens for non malay. If RMAF can have non malay pilots then why Petronas cant?
Arkdriver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2007, 05:45 PM   #55
Arkdriver
sa isip, sa salita

Location: penang, cyberjaya, muntinlupa,singapore, sunshine coast
Likes (Received): 354

Also Petronas petrol dont give you the best mileage, in fact it's the worst. Try to fill your car with full tank of Esso/Mobil and compare your mileage with full tank of Petronas. I avoid Petronas station as best as possible and only fill my tank with Petronas shit if i ran very low on petrol.
Arkdriver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 02:07 AM   #56
johnsonooi

Likes (Received): 709

Well, to be honest, since the government has opened up opportunities for Bumi but seem that the Bumi fail to work and cooperate with government to grab the opportunities.
johnsonooi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 02:13 AM   #57
Vince
In the brig

Got a bit carried away there, I'll continue my discussions in Mamak. See you guys there. Hijacking someone's thread is not my intention.
Old November 21st, 2007, 03:05 PM   #58
triple-j

good thinking, dude. anyway this thread is kinda ruined already. government, bumi, malays, govt linked companies, local public university..topics where all people will have lotsa things to say.
Old November 22nd, 2007, 12:15 AM   #59
forrestcat

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssangyongs View Post
Also Petronas petrol dont give you the best mileage, in fact it's the worst. Try to fill your car with full tank of Esso/Mobil and compare your mileage with full tank of Petronas. I avoid Petronas station as best as possible and only fill my tank with Petronas shit if i ran very low on petrol.
Is there really a difference between fuels between oil companies. AFAIK, there's none unless Mobil puts more salt to its oil or Petronas put curry in its fuels.. I also understand that Petronas and other gas stations may source the fuels from the same refinery.
forrestcat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2007, 10:57 AM   #60
haze

Petronas has invested RM83bil in 33 nations

PETRONAS has invested RM83bil in oil exploration projects in 33 countries, Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Abdul Raman Suliman told the House.

As of March 31, Petronas had invested RM12.4bil in Sudan, Egypt (RM10.7bil), South Africa (RM6.6bil), Chad (RM5.7bil), Britain (RM5.6bil), Myanmar (RM4.4bil) and Russia (RM4bil).

To a supplementary question, Abdul Rahman said rising fuel prices had contributed to increases in revenue for the nationally-owned company and in turn, the Government.

TRULY'ASIA'CAMPAIGN

UNDI UNTUK MALAYSIA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement