My Trip To Lagos by Gar3th - Page 11 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > West Africa > Nigeria > Other discussions > Photography, Heritage & Architecture > Urban Nigeria

Urban Nigeria Cityscapes, skylines and urban photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 15th, 2019, 09:04 PM   #201
GAR3TH
Student Architect جاريث

Likes (Received): 943

I could have taken more pictures but it was raining heavily every single day that I was there.

Overall Impression, compared to Abuja, Calabar or UYO, Lagos "development" seems to have "stagnated". Dont get me wrong, alot of infrastructure has been built but I think the mass amount of people moving into the city on a daily bases, added with the open borders of ECOWAS, makes the city seem as if the city is going backwards in development. I was surprised by the amount of Non-Nigerians that lived in Lagos. To be honest I think Lagos looked better during my 2012 trip than my recent trip.

"We're Americans, we don't quit just 'cause we're wrong! We just keep doing the wrong thing 'till it turns out right!" - Boondocks

Naijaborn, Tbite, chaser9 liked this post
GAR3TH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 15th, 2019, 10:39 PM   #202
Naijaborn

Likes (Received): 5102

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAR3TH View Post

The Oshodi transport hub/interchange is awesome.

Tbite, 1WindyCity liked this post
Naijaborn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 10:46 PM   #203
Naijaborn

Likes (Received): 5102

Quote:
I could have taken more pictures but it was raining heavily every single day that I was there.

Overall Impression, compared to Abuja, Calabar or UYO, Lagos "development" seems to have "stagnated". Dont get me wrong, alot of infrastructure has been built but I think the mass amount of people moving into the city on a daily bases, added with the open borders of ECOWAS, makes the city seem as if the city is going backwards in development. I was surprised by the amount of Non-Nigerians that lived in Lagos. To be honest I think Lagos looked better during my 2012 trip than my recent trip.
Preliminary signs of future issues..
Naijaborn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2019, 11:43 PM   #204
NaijaSwag
Hanging the boots up

Likes (Received): 2817

Did you go to Lekki Conservation Center?

Last edited by NaijaSwag; May 16th, 2019 at 01:27 AM.
NaijaSwag no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 01:29 AM   #205
NaijaSwag
Hanging the boots up

Likes (Received): 2817

Quote:

Nigeria looked better during the Military rule than now. I use to live in Papa Ajao area of Mushin during the 90s, they use to call the area the GRA of Mushin. When I went back there it has gotten worse than it was during the IBB and Abacha rule.
Old May 16th, 2019, 02:24 AM   #206
JoblessBeggar

Likes (Received): 1169

Great job with the pictures, Gar3th.
Old May 17th, 2019, 12:23 AM   #207
chaser9

Likes (Received): 152

Quote:

I second Naijaborn's comment. I think the Recession did slow down a lot of projects and the lagging infrastructure to rate of population growth will show. The problem is Lagos will continue to grow in population even amidst multiple recessions, because there are other places that are far worse.

Hopefully there's more aggressive development to catch-up from the deferred investment in the city.

Also GAR3th, thanks for the photos. Enjoyed everyone of them.

donny_ovi, GAR3TH liked this post
chaser9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement