KUALA LUMPUR - SINGAPORE HIGH-SPEED RAIL LINK | Proposed - Page 294 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Pengangkutan

Pengangkutan aviation, automotive, rail and urban transportation

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 17th, 2019, 03:28 AM   #5861
prophecus1

Likes (Received): 256

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusJpnKorNzTwn911130 View Post
The BM to SG part is still Najib legacy. And it's very odds to miss Ipoh if it end up extend northward.
Putrajaya (interchange ECRL/MRT2/ERL/LRT4)- Putra Heights (LRT1 LRT2) - Shah Alam Sek 13 (interchange LRT3) - Elmina - Kuala Selangor - Sabak Bernam - Teluk Intan - Sitiawan - Tronoh - batu Gajah (Interchange with KTM) - Beruas - Taiping West - Batu Kawan.

Just my speculation.
prophecus1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2019, 04:14 AM   #5862
jani13

Likes (Received): 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by CxIxMaN View Post
Did Najib gov have HSR ever planned to go north after KL? was there plans for it to be built after KL - SG line was built similar to how MRT1, 2 and 3 was planned out to be built one after another

If you think big picture, should have considered this factor, and link to Thailand
The HSR plan was to always connect to Bangkok from Singapore and KL. It was part of the Malaysia's National Railway Plan (I can't recall the exact name!! And I can't find the article in MOT website. Deleted by new govt? )

atmapgnew liked this post
jani13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2019, 06:44 AM   #5863
Nizam AK

Likes (Received): 627

Quote:
Originally Posted by jani13 View Post
The HSR plan was to always connect to Bangkok from Singapore and KL. It was part of the Malaysia's National Railway Plan (I can't recall the exact name!! And I can't find the article in MOT website. Deleted by new govt? )

Quote:
SERI KEMBANGAN: Thailand has expressed interest in holding talks with Malaysia towards constructing a high-speed rail (HSR) line from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok, said Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai.

The Transport Minister said the proposal was still at its infancy stage as a working committee needed to be set up to discuss the viability of having the rail line.

"I think we have to complete the HSR from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore first.

"The northern sector has to be further deliberated as it's still at the early stages.

He said the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore HSR is a game changer project for Malaysia which would turn the country into an Asean hub besides becoming the economic centre of the region.

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nati...BYcogWfHWFZ.99
Quote:
The Bangkok-Kuala Lumpur route would be 1,500km long and would feature as part of a pan-Asia railway network plan that was first proposed by former Malaysian prime minister Mahathir Mohamad back in 1995. Dr Mahathir’s initial proposal had been to build a rail network that would run all the way from Singapore to the Chinese city of Kunming — passing through Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos.

https://www.todayonline.com/world/as...-thai-minister
Quote:
Malaysian Prime Minister Mahatir Mohamad has scrapped the long-planned Kuala Lumpur to Singapore high speed rail, dashing China’s Belt and Road ambitions of a continuous high-speed rail connection from its Kunming Yunnan border province all the way down to Singapore.
https://www.silkroadbriefing.com/new...il-connection/
Nizam AK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2019, 12:49 PM   #5864
atmapgnew

Likes (Received): 2691

So now Atok doesn't want KL-SG HSR but wants KL-BKK HSR (via Pg/B'worth) instead eh ???

atmapgnew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2019, 05:46 PM   #5865
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 2012

Atok don't have enough time for SG - padang besar. He doesn't have 5 years to wait for pre planning phase to complete.

He however have enough time for SG - Sg kolok. Afterall no Malaysian PM had said anything about padang besar only the Thai PM does.

The Chinese too won't be patient enough to wait for us to greenlight a 500km line from kl to PB when they for sure can get us to build a 30km extension from KB to SK. In a similar way they push the Thai to allowed a 1km extension of Laos railway into Thailand.

Even the Japanese and Reuters has updated their pan Asian railway map.

Credits Asian nikkei review

swatded liked this post
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2019, 05:59 PM   #5866
CxIxMaN

Likes (Received): 1213

It will be up to the next Prime Minister/Government to fill in the KL-PB link

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones

A.Einstein

Public transport is the way to transportation revolution

A MAYOR of Bogota is reported to have said: “A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation.”
CxIxMaN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2019, 05:46 PM   #5867
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 2012

For now we need to integrate all the different ERL, HSR & ECRL so it could work together.

No one want to travel from kb only to change train at Putrajaya to kl/klia or worse from kb, change train at Putrajaya till Iskandar puteri then change to another train to jurong east.
Advertisement