Birmingham City Centre Metro Extension | Phase 3 | U/C - Page 15 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Birmingham Metro Area > Birmingham Metro Area Transport Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 17th, 2019, 07:27 PM   #281
astropa

Likes (Received): 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by karra97 View Post
Its increased a little as the buses were mainly using the underpass. I still think that the underpass should've been constructed between Islington Row Middleway. The council must regret constructing it through Broad Street.
Would certainly make more since that way as it is the ring road that has the underpasses at the junctions with both th Bristol and Pershore roads.
astropa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 17th, 2019, 08:56 PM   #282
Brummigrant

Likes (Received): 316

Quote:
Originally Posted by astropa View Post
I understand that the new trains on the cross city line will be in six coach configuration, hence doubling of current capacity. There will also be more trains running in the evenings, hopefully running later than now with the last train to Sutton Coldfield leaving new street at 11:15. I’m assuming that all the stations on the route can handle trains of this length, I’m guessing that many will not be.
Currently 6-car trains operate along the line (Lichfield T V to Redditch), so all stations can handle them.
Brummigrant no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:39 AM   #283
Typhoon2000
...Ready for departure.

Likes (Received): 630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billsmothers View Post
As no-one else has replied to this, I can confirm that the Aventras will replace the Class 323s on the Cross City line.

There will indeed be more carriages, so there will be an end to three-car services on Cross City.

The press release below specifies increased capacity for 85,000 additional passengers into Birmingham and London at peak times - ie conflating WMT's regional services with their long-distance brand, London North Western, which includes the stopping services from New Street to Euston via Northampton.

http://www.westmidlandsrail.com/news...ains-welcomed/

I'm sure more detailed information on plans for regional services is available online if you dig it out.

The Aventras won't necessarily have the same internal layout as those on Crossrail, but they will certainly be more metro-like in style, reflecting the huge increase in passengers since the line was electrified at the end of the last century. A problem with the 323s is the narrowness of the doors.

On the Snow Hill Lines, the new diesel trains ordered from CAF (who supplied the current Midland Metro trams) will supplement the existing, and still relatively new, Class 172s. Other types of diesel currently used in the region will be moved elsewhere.

It will give the region an impressively modern fleet, albeit one with far too many diesels in it.
Those 323's were nippy units - One of, if not, the most rapid accelerating train of it's commuter ilk (all out acceleration prize goes to Pendolino.) I hope these Aventra's match up to the 323s.

(Someone at Cadbury obviously has a sense of humour...)
This is Birmingham... FORWARD!!!
Typhoon2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement