[NL] The Netherlands | road infrastructure • autosnelwegen - Page 825 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old Today, 04:10 AM   #16481
Slagathor
Gay love is love too

Likes (Received): 8425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
I did not know there are holiday resorts in Zeeland.
Actually I neither know now, but there must be some there since I can't see any other reasons why A58 was heavily congested this morning from A58 towards Middelburg. A heavy congestion in a length of 20kms, from A4 (I came from Belgium) up to the Vlaketunnel. And I couldn't see any restriction in or at the tunnel so actually I dont understand why there was a congestion until that but free flow of traffic after the tunnel.
Tourism is one of the key industries in Zeeland. Lots of tourists from the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany go there every single summer.

But the freak traffic jams are mostly caused by Brabanders (people from cities like Breda, Tilburg and Eindhoven) who all wanna go to the beach when the weather is nice. They wake up in the morning, see the temperature and hop in the car.

KIWIKAAS, Attus liked this post
Slagathor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 08:41 AM   #16482
KIWIKAAS

Likes (Received): 806

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
I did not know there are holiday resorts in Zeeland.
Actually I neither know now, but there must be some there since I can't see any other reasons why A58 was heavily congested this morning from A58 towards Middelburg. A heavy congestion in a length of 20kms, from A4 (I came from Belgium) up to the Vlaketunnel. And I couldn't see any restriction in or at the tunnel so actually I dont understand why there was a congestion until that but free flow of traffic after the tunnel.
The A58 is often congested on hot days in the summer with traffic heading to the coast. Lots if beach towns all along the Zeeuwse coast.

Attus liked this post
KIWIKAAS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
congestion, dutch, friesland, highways, motorways, netherlands