Dallas/Dallas Metro Development News - Page 166 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Texas > Projects and Construction

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 15th, 2018, 10:21 PM   #3301
austrini

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post

Did downtown Dallas ever have one of those revolving restaurants on top of the any of the skyscrapers.
The only one I can think of is Reunion Tower. Downtown we had a festival marketplace, an ice rink, pedestrian tunnels - all the trends.

zaphod liked this post
austrini no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 16th, 2018, 01:33 AM   #3302
Dale

Likes (Received): 5699

If Paris isn't too classy for a ferris wheel ...
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2018, 01:51 AM   #3303
tripleD

Likes (Received): 1645

Construction kicks off on $175 million North Dallas seniors community

Quote:
Construction has started on a $175 million seniors housing community near North Central Expressway in North Dallas.

The Legacy Midtown Park project is being built just east of North Central near Meadow Road.

A project of Legacy Senior Communities, the rental project will include 184 independent living apartments 50 assisted living apartments, 36 memory care residences and 54 short-term rehabilitation or long-term care suites.
Quote:
The 8-story development at 8182 Manderville Lane will also include multiple dining rooms, a fitness center and aquatic center.

"The Legacy Midtown Park will be a state-of-the-art retirement community with independent living and all other levels of care on one campus," Marc R. Stanley, chairman of the board of trustees for The Legacy Senior Communities, said in a statement. "North Texas families have been asking us for years to create a rental continuing care retirement community in Dallas, and we are thrilled to respond with this amazing community."

Dallas-based D2 Architecture designed the building and Andres Construction Services is the general contractor.

SunTrust Bank and Frost Bank provided financing.

The project is scheduled to begin opening in the Fall of 2019.

Legacy Senior Communities has operated since 1953 and is a not-for-profit charitable organization.

Legacy Midtown Park is being built on one of the last vacant tracts in the 80-acre Midtown Park district located between North Central and Greenville Avenue on Meadow Road.

jonathaninATX liked this post
tripleD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 27th, 2018, 02:48 AM   #3304
tripleD

Likes (Received): 1645

A few updates

Corgan Expansion

Untitled by Around My City, on Flickr

Element Hotel on Gaston Ave

[IMG]Untitled by Around My City, on Flickr[/IMG]

Chase Tower Plaza Renovation

Old Parkland Campus Expansion

Fairmount Knight Office Building

tripleD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2018, 06:00 AM   #3305
JasnoDTX

Likes (Received): 290

Great photos. Love that Parkland expansion.
JasnoDTX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2018, 10:40 PM   #3306
zaphod
PRESIDENT OF SPACE

Likes (Received): 1987

This was asked on SSP and never got a response:

There is dirt moved next to Galatyn Park DART station. Anyone know what's going there? Would be a good TOD spot.

After I'm gone, your earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence, as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

Bring me the continuum transfunctioner...

zaphod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 01:30 AM   #3307
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 1615

I was driving around the city today. It's amazing seeing the density. However, I can't help but to feel incredibly repulsed by the architecture of these new developments. The architecture is absolutely horrendous and it has the appeal of cheap construction that looks like cardboard. Why can't these developers actually build something aesthetically good? It's really discouraging and makes the city look trashy.

tripleD, cuartango liked this post
Joshua Dodd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2018, 10:23 PM   #3308
Jose Luis
Skyscraper

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Dodd View Post
I was driving around the city today. It's amazing seeing the density. However, I can't help but to feel incredibly repulsed by the architecture of these new developments. The architecture is absolutely horrendous and it has the appeal of cheap construction that looks like cardboard. Why can't these developers actually build something aesthetically good? It's really discouraging and makes the city look trashy.
I have to agree on some of these new apartment buildings, they look so cheap!! It's a pitty they will all get leased up no matter what.
Jose Luis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2018, 05:07 AM   #3309
zaphod
PRESIDENT OF SPACE

Likes (Received): 1987

The thing about ugly buildings is they can always be demolished. But a vacant lot is just going to be empty and not contribute to anything good. What's most important now is achieving critical mass of people and business activity in the city core.

35 years from now certainly some of the cheaper new apartments and office buildings going up around Uptown and Oak Lawn are going to bite the dust just like a lot of crappy 1980's buildings have been. It's just the circle of life.

After I'm gone, your earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence, as one of my satellites, and that's how it's going to be...

Bring me the continuum transfunctioner...

zaphod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2018, 11:26 PM   #3310
jonathaninATX

Likes (Received): 2855

The Woodall Rodgers Park Foundation proposes a state-of-the-art VisitDallas Experience Center

Quote:
DALLAS (Oct. 19, 2018) – The Woodall Rodgers Park Foundation (WRPF) and VisitDallas today announced an innovative partnership that will complete the original vision of Klyde Warren Park.

The estimated $76 million project adds 1.2 acres over Woodall Rodgers Freeway, just west of St. Paul Street. This land will be used for a 20,000-square-foot pavilion that will house the state-of-the-art VisitDallas Experience Center, a Visitor Center unlike any other in the U.S., fusing “best in class” customer service with interactive technology that tells the Dallas story. The expansion will include additional green spaces and public gathering spots, assist with the Park’s long-term financial sustainability, and allow the privately-operated park to expand the more than 1,300 free programs and events it already provides annually.

Design & Construction of the project is scheduled to begin in 2019, with completion anticipated as early as 2022.
https://www.klydewarrenpark.org/Abou...announced.html

cuartango, Jose Luis, Munwon liked this post
jonathaninATX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2018, 07:01 PM   #3311
WesTexas

Likes (Received): 286

I would like to see the elevated walking path/park that connects the park to the Ross Perot Museum.
Go FC Dallas

DTID
WesTexas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2018, 11:45 AM   #3312
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 1615

I don't think that's included in the expansion any longer.
Joshua Dodd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2018, 12:32 AM   #3313
Joshua020

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
The thing about ugly buildings is they can always be demolished. But a vacant lot is just going to be empty and not contribute to anything good. What's most important now is achieving critical mass of people and business activity in the city core.brentwood home article

35 years from now certainly some of the cheaper new apartments and office buildings going up around Uptown and Oak Lawn are going to bite the dust just like a lot of crappy 1980's buildings have been. It's just the circle of life.

I agree with you

Last edited by Joshua020; October 30th, 2018 at 02:09 AM.
Joshua020 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2018, 11:37 PM   #3314
jonathaninATX

Hines Breaks Ground on The Victor, New Icon of Luxury Urban Living in South Victory Park

Quote:
Nov. 7th. 2018

(DALLAS, TX) – Hines, the international real estate firm, has broken ground on The Victor, a luxury for-rent residential high-rise community located on the northeast corner of Olive Street and Victory Park Lane. Adjacent to the American Airlines Center and W Dallas-Victory Hotel, the residences will lie at the nexus of burgeoning South Victory (SoVi) District’s three curated blocks of walkable, street-front dining, shopping and entertainment experiences.

Comprised of 344 luxury residences, the 39-story high-rise tower will stand taller than any other residential community in Victory Park or Uptown and will boast 360-degree views of Turtle Creek and the American Airlines Center to the north; Downtown to the south; Downtown and Uptown to the east; and the Trinity River and Margaret Hunt Hill bridge to the west.
https://www.hines.com/news/hines-bre...h-victory-park

tripleD, JasnoDTX, Munwon liked this post
Old November 7th, 2018, 11:55 PM   #3315
jonathaninATX

Rendering of Harwood new Hotel U/C

Quote:
By Steve Brown
Oct. 30th. 2018

Developer Harwood International started work several months ago on a 20-story hotel tower being built on the vacant half block at the corner of McKinnon and Moody streets, just west of the Crescent and Tower Residences Ritz-Carlton condo building.

The hotel site is directly across the street from the original Rolex Building — Harwood International's first project in the neighborhood, which opened in 1984. Since then, the developer has built about 3.5 million square feet in the area.
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...dallas-skyline

tripleD, chuco, cuartango, zaphod liked this post
Old February 17th, 2019, 04:27 PM   #3316
jcastro805
The sky is the limit!

Location: Gulfport, MS via Alexandria, VA via San Diego via Guam via Los Angeles via Fort Worth, Texas
Likes (Received): 707

Arts District hotel coming to Downtown

Quote:
Hall Group's HALL Arts Hotel, a luxury boutique hotel within downtown’s Arts District, is set to open in the fall.

The 183-room hotel will accompany a $250 million, 28-story residential tower, HALL Arts Residences, which is set to open in 2020.

The ten-story hotel, which is under construction at Ross Ave. and Leonard St., was designed by HKS Inc.

Two restaurants will be inside the hotel along with 6,000 sf of meeting and event space and a rooftop pool.
https://www.recenter.tamu.edu/news/n...as/?Item=21914

cuartango liked this post
jcastro805 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2019, 04:56 PM   #3317
JasnoDTX

Likes (Received): 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcastro805 View Post
It's already well under construction.
JasnoDTX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
addison, allen, arlington, carrollton, cedar hill, dallas, denton, design district, downtown, farmers branch, flower mound, frisco, garland, grand prairie, grapevine, highland park, irving, las colinas, lewisville, mckinney, mesquite, north dallas, plano, preston, preston hollow, richardson, suburban development news, texas, uptown, victory