Dallas/Dallas Metro Development News - Page 72 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > Southeast > Local Forums > Texas > Projects and Construction

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 8th, 2014, 09:37 PM   #1421
tripleD

Likes (Received): 1645

the residents of blue ciel are going to have some amazing views. the best in the city in my opinion. Blue Ciel is definitely going to make an impact on the skyline. I hope it does well.

JasnoDTX liked this post
tripleD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 8th, 2014, 10:32 PM   #1422
JasnoDTX

Likes (Received): 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleD View Post
the residents of blue ciel are going to have some amazing views. the best in the city in my opinion. Blue Ciel is definitely going to make an impact on the skyline. I hope it does well.

Agreed it will give a little more height to uptown and help to balance out the skyline when viewed from the west.

Emporis says it will be 375ft. Same as Azure(?)
http://www.emporis.com/building/bleu...-dallas-tx-usa

But check this out there's another proposed at the same height? Called the VII at Harwood (Office tower)..hmm.
http://www.emporis.com/building/vii-...-dallas-tx-usa
JasnoDTX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2014, 12:18 AM   #1423
Dallas star
Everything Texas

Likes (Received): 374

https://www.facebook.com/texascentral?pnref=story

The Texas Central High-Speed Rail now has a Facebook page. Like it, and help spread the word!
Dallas star no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 10th, 2014, 05:52 AM   #1424
Joshua Dodd

Likes (Received): 1615

Once I finally finish my degrees in engineering and logistics I plan on working for the Texas Central, and hopefully rise up the corporate ladder.

Meanwhile, I have provided you guys with a county by county map showing the current contenders for a possible route for the system.

jcastro805, JasnoDTX liked this post
Joshua Dodd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2014, 06:37 PM   #1425
dollaztx

Likes (Received): 981

Grand Prairie starts design work on new $75M water park-anchored development
Quote:
Grand Prairie has gotten underway on the design of the city's new $75 million development anchored by an indoor-outdoor water park, which the city hopes will help it become an entertainment destination.

The design work begins shortly after Grand Prairie and developers announced grand plans for a $215 ski resort and Hard Rock Hotel in October.
Quote:
The initial part of the $75 million development includes a 70,000-square-foot indoor portion of the water park will include a retractable roof for play year-round, with 3.5 acres of outdoor space.

The remainder of the year-round development, known as The Epic, will include a 120,000-square-foot life center, amphitheater, trail system and playground in Central Park at State Highway 161 and Arkansas Road.

Ultimately, Grand Prairie will add new rides and slides in future phases of the project, which will anchor Grand Prairie's Central Park.
dollaztx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2014, 08:05 PM   #1426
dollaztx

$1B Frisco development near new Cowboys' HQ to include Perot's Hillwood Properties

Quote:
A development team that includes the Perot family’s Hillwood Properties and auto sales giant Van Tuyl are joining forces to build a more than $1 billion development in Frisco.

The almost 250-acre project will wrap around the Dallas Cowboy’s new headquarters and retail complex under construction at the Dallas North Tollway and Warren Parkway.

Hillwood and the Van Tuyl family’s VanTrust Real Estate are partnering with the Rudman family, which has owned the site for more than 50 years.

The project marks Hillwood’s first major play in the booming Frisco market.

Their new project – called Frisco Station – is planned as a dense, urban-style development similar to the State Farm Insurance CityLine complex under construction in Richardson and the Legacy West complex that’s planned in Plano.

dch526, jonathaninATX liked this post
Old December 10th, 2014, 08:07 PM   #1427
WesTexas

Likes (Received): 286

I think Rout 3 would be the best.
Go FC Dallas

DTID
WesTexas está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2014, 07:41 AM   #1428
Joshua Dodd

BNSF option 4 makes more sense to me. It certainly is more track mileage. However, if the ultimate plan is to connect all the major cities of Texas, including Austin and San Antonio, in a "triangle" then this route makes sense because right where the line curves south east from Italy, Tx is where a future connector can be built traversing southward to Austin and San Antonio. At least this way we can also include Waco in the mix.
Old December 11th, 2014, 09:42 AM   #1429
Dariusb
Formerly known as Bigboyz

Likes (Received): 284

This will be awesome when it's built.
Dariusb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2014, 02:03 PM   #1430
Joshua Dodd

Two routes have been selected. I'm quite excited about these two options as I live within a five mile proximity from the utility option. It is now a 50 50 coin toss between these two options:

Old December 11th, 2014, 05:16 PM   #1431
jcastro805
The sky is the limit!

Location: Gulfport, MS via Alexandria, VA via San Diego via Guam via Los Angeles via Fort Worth, Texas
Likes (Received): 707

Very cool. I was under the impression, however, that they planned on running the HSR through College Station? Any insight as to why that isn't happening?
jcastro805 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2014, 09:47 PM   #1432
dollaztx

Canadian developer buys Turtle Creek property for new apartment tower

Quote:
A Canadian company that already has one high-rise residential building in the works for Dallas has bought land for another tower.

Developer Great Gulf Homes has purchased property on the west side of Fairmount Street at Turtle Creek Boulevard where it plans to build an apartment project.

The building site is located right across the street from where the Toronto-based firm intends to construct a22-story, 60-unit condominium building at building at 2505 Turtle Creek Boulevard.

Great Gulf is one of North America’s biggest builders of residential towers. The company has said it wants to do more than one project in the Dallas area.
Quote:
Real estate broker Newt Walker negoitaed the sale of the Fairmount property to Great Gulf. The developer has filed plans with the City of Dallas for approvals for its new project.
Old December 11th, 2014, 10:04 PM   #1433
tripleD

the first great gulf project seems to be moving at a very slow pace. i truly hope it kicks off in the near future and hopefully it does very well.
Old December 11th, 2014, 10:06 PM   #1434
dollaztx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleD View Post
the first great gulf project seems to be moving at a very slow pace. i truly hope it kicks off in the near future and hopefully it does very well.
If they're already planning another project it very well could mean that they intent on starting that first one soon. Here's the rendering of the first one for those not familiar with it.

Texas RE liked this post
Old December 11th, 2014, 11:15 PM   #1435
tripleD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollaztx View Post
If they're already planning another project it very well could mean that they intent on starting that first one soon. Here's the rendering of the first one for those not familiar with it.

i was thinking the same thing actually, but this project was announced before a lot of other projects that are currently under construction such as blue ciel, the street lights tower near the federal reserve, the skyhouse in victory park, the jlb tower etc. etc. Hopefully they announce a start date soon. Its a very good looking building and its on turtle creek, Im looking foward to it being built.

Texas RE liked this post
Old December 12th, 2014, 03:12 AM   #1436
Joshua Dodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcastro805 View Post
Very cool. I was under the impression, however, that they planned on running the HSR through College Station? Any insight as to why that isn't happening?
College Station was betting for a station in their town but the HSR is only going to be a connector for Dallas and Houston, at least in this beginning stage of its evolution.
Old December 12th, 2014, 03:54 AM   #1437
jcastro805
The sky is the limit!

Location: Gulfport, MS via Alexandria, VA via San Diego via Guam via Los Angeles via Fort Worth, Texas
Likes (Received): 707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Dodd View Post
College Station was betting for a station in their town but the HSR is only going to be a connector for Dallas and Houston, at least in this beginning stage of its evolution.
Okay, that makes sense. I know there is a lot of talk about other HSR projects in Texas as well, specifically extending the HSR from Dallas to DT Fort Worth via a stop in Arlington or DFW, as well as another proposal to run HSR from Monterrey, Mexico to OKC via San Antonio/Austin corridor.
http://www.texastribune.org/2014/01/...h-speed-rail-/
Exciting times for Texas transportation!
jcastro805 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2014, 05:42 AM   #1438
Joshua Dodd

I can almost guarantee that once this line is constructed and once the Dallas and Houston corridor starts earning enough revenue to pay off its debt we will see massive expansions. Of course this could be in the late 2020s. Which sounds lame, but for me that's cool since I want to be part of the team that designs and builds the lines. Remember, unlike other projects this will be the first privately funded high speed railroad in the world. So it has to prove itself financially lucrative first before expansions can even be considered. Lucky for us the Japan Bank for International Cooperation is now making a deal with the Texas Central to finance the lines construction. So depending on how well that deal goes we might see construction start by 2017.

jcastro805, skyscraperhighrise liked this post
Old December 12th, 2014, 10:19 PM   #1439
tripleD

another project announced in the turtle creek area.

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/c...-of-uptown.ece

dch526, desertpunk, JasnoDTX, Texas RE liked this post
Old December 14th, 2014, 01:30 AM   #1440
dollaztx

ebird from dallasmetropolis found the link below with 2505 Turtle Creek renderings.

http://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/ltd-edition--no-2505

Tags
addison, allen, arlington, carrollton, cedar hill, dallas, denton, design district, downtown, farmers branch, flower mound, frisco, garland, grand prairie, grapevine, highland park, irving, las colinas, lewisville, mckinney, mesquite, north dallas, plano, preston, preston hollow, richardson, suburban development news, texas, uptown, victory